Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's $5-$10 (depending on ur bank)

I used POSB last time, was $5 + they charge extra 2% extra based on the exchange rates...

aldente

Reaction score
i dont recommend doing that, just bring cash and try to pay by creditcard when you can.

HavingFun

Reaction score
i just scared the cash i bring not enough

EDIT : Just to confirm, I can pay for my purchases with a debit card in tokyo right?

Last edited:

cheefarn

Reaction score
i dont recommend doing that, just bring cash and try to pay by creditcard when you can.

Fully agreed. Bring enough cash and a credit card for big ticket purchases.

Debit cards may not be accepted by overseas banks nor their ATMs. As a rule, make sure your DBS debit card carries the Sirrus logo. But even then, it may not garantee your card will work over there.

And even if it works, think about the hefty surcharges incurred just to use the card. You're better off using that surcharge amount to change for more Yen at The Arcade.

FYI, debit cards are NOT accepted at most car rental companies worldwide, including the car rental agencies in Hokkaido. And JAL and ANA website doesn't allow you to use debit cards to purchase the tickets either. So its still not a true credit card despite what Visa wants you to think.

xJuzagalx

Reaction score
hi i would like to know how to go
1)Lake Kanayama Forest Park from JR Naka-furano station.
2)Aoiike (Shirogane Blue Pond) from JR Bibaushi,
3)Kofuku Station from JR Obihiro
by public transport??

Advance for the help

Last edited:

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fully agreed. Bring enough cash and a credit card for big ticket purchases.

Debit cards may not be accepted by overseas banks nor their ATMs. As a rule, make sure your DBS debit card carries the Sirrus logo. But even then, it may not garantee your card will work over there.

And even if it works, think about the hefty surcharges incurred just to use the card. You're better off using that surcharge amount to change for more Yen at The Arcade.

FYI, debit cards are NOT accepted at most car rental companies worldwide, including the car rental agencies in Hokkaido. And JAL and ANA website doesn't allow you to use debit cards to purchase the tickets either. So its still not a true credit card despite what Visa wants you to think.

Serious or not? I don't even have credit card but I'm wanna buy ticket to Japan. How?

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serious or not? I don't even have credit card but I'm wanna buy ticket to Japan. How?

you want to buy from SG side no problem.

buy from japan side problem.

i drew out all my cash needed and brought to japan.

even hotel i brought cash incase they didnt accept debit card.(they say credit can).

and i had a small emergency and needed to draw extra $$$.

surcharge was 5 bucks for 10000 yen

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you want to buy from SG side no problem.

buy from japan side problem.

i drew out all my cash needed and brought to japan.

even hotel i brought cash incase they didnt accept debit card.(they say credit can).

and i had a small emergency and needed to draw extra $$$.

surcharge was 5 bucks for 10000 yen

If debit visa also cannot ah? Woah like that sianz

c1528351

Reaction score
Accomodation in tokyo

i will be in tokyo beginning of december with wife and 2 kids age 12 + 13. I understand the room there are small, and i worry they won't allow us to stay together in one room. Anyone had encounter this before

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will be in tokyo beginning of december with wife and 2 kids age 12 + 13. I understand the room there are small, and i worry they won't allow us to stay together in one room. Anyone had encounter this before
hi, i think u might need to get 2 rooms.
Very seldom, Japan hotels allow you to have 4 persons in 1 room.
They count by person, not by room....

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

From my limited experience, it seems like Japanese hotel/hostel are pax based. If you book a twin room even though they are spacious and with big beds, you are still not allowed to check in with 4 pax. My information may not be correct. Do wait for other to feedback.:D

coldmilk

Reaction score

Hotel in Japan is very strict about the total number of person allowed in one room. Unless it is specified that they allowed 2 chds (which is very rare), it may be best for you to get 2 rooms.

BTW, what is you budget? I was in Japan last Dec and I spent about S$200/night for my family of 4 (2 adult and 2 child). The place come with a small kitchen and washing machine. But no daily room cleaning service. We got the whole place to our self and it is very clean. Walking distance (10 mins) to train station.

c1528351

Reaction score
Hotel in Japan is very strict about the total number of person allowed in one room. Unless it is specified that they allowed 2 chds (which is very rare), it may be best for you to get 2 rooms.

BTW, what is you budget? I was in Japan last Dec and I spent about S$200/night for my family of 4 (2 adult and 2 child). The place come with a small kitchen and washing machine. But no daily room cleaning service. We got the whole place to our self and it is very clean. Walking distance (10 mins) to train station.

So where can i book this place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.