Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I dun really understand how to read the time table.

LOL, yes, its quite a table to look at and understand, it took me some time to understand it, but i don't think i get it hundred 100% too.
SANYO_zps2c9bf1e5.jpg

I have red ringed the few important details of the table. The starting station is Shin Osaka(6:03) and ending at Hakata(9:45). The train to take is Hikari 441. I hope I am correct, please double check with others to be 100% sure.

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I dun really understand how to read the time table.

i find it easier to read the results from hyperdia. timetable is good if u want to know wat options are available for the entire day

btw, u may want to consider taking domestic flight from osaka to fukuoka. it may be cheaper than shinkansen, especially when there is promotion and when u book early

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL, yes, its quite a table to look at and understand, it took me some time to understand it, but i don't think i get it hundred 100% too.
SANYO_zps2c9bf1e5.jpg

I have red ringed the few important details of the table. The starting station is Shin Osaka(6:03) and ending at Hakata(9:45). The train to take is Hikari 441. I hope I am correct, please double check with others to be 100% sure.
u r correct...

jep

Reaction score
cpuer thanks for the help. Really appreciated. My frens and I wan to try shinkansen (1st time). Its not like u always take it. Planes, we take it all the time when travelling. Shinkansen or bullet like trains, mayb x but worth the experience. We should always try different transportation (if can afford) since we never ride b4 in our small island/other country :D

Peace :angel:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shinkansen is fun and convenient...

no need to go through airport check in and no waiting for belt for bags...

get out train and JUST GO!

unless u get train sick... well means ur air sick should be powerful too =X

happiboi

Reaction score
Hi. I will be going to toyko this coming september. Would like to buy their prepaid card for data plans. What will u recommend? Cheapest possible for 5 days

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cpuer thanks for the help. Really appreciated. My frens and I wan to try shinkansen (1st time). Its not like u always take it. Planes, we take it all the time when travelling. Shinkansen or bullet like trains, mayb x but worth the experience. We should always try different transportation (if can afford) since we never ride b4 in our small island/other country :D

I also will try out shinkansen, but will travel for much shorter distance(Tokyo-Nikko) from Ueno to Utsunomiya.:D

Mistic

Reaction score
going to Tokyo this wk end for 1 wk for business trip.

Will have pocket of free times...

Any plc to rec to visit?

any festival or event going on now worth visiting?

where is the fish market in Tokyo? I staying ard Ginza area.. near?

Have a full day free on mon and fri.

With half day on tues n thu..

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going to Tokyo this wk end for 1 wk for business trip.

Will have pocket of free times...

Any plc to rec to visit?

any festival or event going on now worth visiting?

where is the fish market in Tokyo? I staying ard Ginza area.. near?

Have a full day free on mon and fri.

With half day on tues n thu..

u can read up on the attractions in tokyo here:
Tokyo - City Guide

can also get some ideas from the trip reports sticky thread

the fish market is in Tsukiji, which is walkable from ginza. u may want to go there early in the morning to view the tuna auction. most ppl actually take taxi to tsukiji to see the auction coz it is too early for train. lucky for u, u can just walk there from ginza
Tokyo Travel: Tsukiji Fish Market

bryando

Reaction score

Or you can try what I did a few years back; took a day trip package for Mount Fuji. Bus pickup from hotel, with english guide, to Mount Fuji, includes cable car ride up as well as cruise, and thereafter shinkansen back to Tokyo main station. So ggot to do both :)

Countdown to flight tomorrow :)

Mistic

Reaction score
u can read up on the attractions in tokyo here:
Tokyo - City Guide

can also get some ideas from the trip reports sticky thread

the fish market is in Tsukiji, which is walkable from ginza. u may want to go there early in the morning to view the tuna auction. most ppl actually take taxi to tsukiji to see the auction coz it is too early for train. lucky for u, u can just walk there from ginza
Tokyo Travel: Tsukiji Fish Market

Thanks!

Only for this trip! cos afew pocket of free time so choose a hotel ard shopping area.

coldmilk

Reaction score
from osaka to kyoto is it expensive by train?around how much?

By Japan Railways (JR)
The JR Tokaido Shinkansen requires 15 minutes and costs 1380 yen (by unreserved seat) from not so centrally located Shin-Osaka Station to Kyoto Station.

Almost equally fast are the rapid and special rapid trains on the JR Kyoto Line, which require about 30 minutes and cost 540 yen from more centrally located Osaka Station to Kyoto Station.

By Hankyu Railways
Limited express trains on the Hankyu Kyoto Line get you from Umeda Station (next to JR Osaka Station) to Karasuma and Kawaramachi Stations in central Kyoto in roughly 40 minutes and for 390 yen.

By Keihan Railways
Limited express trains on the Keihan Main Line get you from Yodoyabashi Station in central Osaka to Sanjo Station in central Kyoto in roughly 50 minutes and for 400 yen.

2363_map.gif

Last edited:

converse2010

Reaction score
Guys, planning a trip to Tokyo this coming end Oct(19-27), will the weather be very cooling ?

Cos from what I see in the website is like ~22deg..
When to travel to Japan - Travel Weather

If needed those down jacket then I might be shifting to earlier oct or even sep so could buy their clothes there and yet wearable when Im back. :D

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your plan is to visit where??

the timing will change how much the koya has hit

cheong

Reaction score
Any idea what is the steps to activate the bmobile (30 days) 1GB sim card by using a japanese phone? eg press 2 for english, 3 to key in the sim card nos etc

appreciate your help and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.