Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanashii23

Reaction score
I just came back from there! Stayed at the Hilton so i used the classes run by the Niseko Village Ski School. Very friendly and accommodating instructors. There were some Canadians, Australians and American instructors so language won't be a problem.

I staying at the hilton but the ski school no more booking for private group lesson already

Sephirot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw this in Kyoto, what does it mean?

してもらったことは忘れない。してやったことは忘れよう

Do not forget what makes you what you are?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw this in Kyoto, what does it mean?

してもらったことは忘れない。してやったことは忘れよう

Do not forget what makes you what you are?

I think it means forget not what you have received, but please forget what you gave out. Giving is better than receiving.

Dimitri sensei can correct me, domo arigatou.

P.S. oops slight error - して貰う - what others have done for you & してやる - what you have done for others

Last edited:

Sephirot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it means forget not what you have received, but please forget what you gave out. Giving is better than receiving.

Dimitri sensei can correct me, domo arigatou.

P.S. oops slight error - して貰う - what others have done for you & してやる - what you have done for others
Thanks for the help. I saw it outside the ghibli merchandise shop in Kyoto.:)

So the meaning is like 'Do not forget what others have done for you but forget what you did for others?'

Last edited:

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw, Jr pass can use in Tokyo rail only or can use on other cities like Osaka n Kyoto? I confusing how the pass work n izzit can use in Tokyo metro too? Currently planning to go Osaka, Kyoto n Tokyo. Need some guidance on their railway system as is my virgin trip.

Sephirot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, Jr pass can use in Tokyo rail only or can use on other cities like Osaka n Kyoto? I confusing how the pass work n izzit can use in Tokyo metro too? Currently planning to go Osaka, Kyoto n Tokyo. Need some guidance on their railway system as is my virgin trip.
Can use for any JR lines in the whole of Japan. Nex and shinkasen included. However there are some exception e.g. JR trains using non-JR tracks/Nozomi Shinkasen

Tokyo Metro cannot as its not under JR.

agony2

Reaction score
8th March may not have blossomed at Tokyo since it does not warm up over there so soon... Sakura bloom in a particular temperature range.

How many people? You can consider Palace Japan as well. It is a short walk from Minami Senju stn. Accommodations in Shinjuku would mostly be expensive. As you are looking at a Khaosan hostel, I reckon you looking for under 4k a night places.

All 3 Shinjuku/Harajuku/Shibuya?? Might be a little tough, depends on how much you like the stuff the shops have in each area.

Tsujiki Auctions, you would probably save more by spending the nite at a Mangacafe nearby (not to mention it is an "experience").

EAT!! There is lots of good food (sushi especially) at Tsujiki market area. My personal advice would be to buy whatever you really fancy as long as you are within your weight limits for luggage and budget. Not everything can be bought somewhere else. Most and I stress MOST okashi can be found at Ameyoko's niki no kashi cheaply.

There is a temple nearby Tokyo Tower.

I recall is from convi store....

One Piece stuff I last know of not in Tokyo city limits

They give plastic bags if it is needed, depends on the department store they might charge. Bring a couple of your own bags wun hurt.

Not as many trash bins as here. Note that trash needs to separated in Japan.

March is good! No problems.... maybe slight concern of rain :s13:

Where is your planned accommodations are in Kyoto? Do they have pickup service?
Ryokans serve dinner as a set but I do not think it is kaiseki for most ryokans. It is a normal washouku set.

I would say DON'T eat Kobe beef for it's sake. Just look for "和牛" (wagyu) places within your budget. I know of a place in Shinjuku where a foodcourt (but extremely gaijin unfrenly) has good wagyu burger steaks.

Tokyo banana, available at Tokyo station to cover the different flavours. I do not fancy it but it is pretty nice.
There are few places to do sight seeing in Osaka besides Osaka Castle.

wow thanks for Palace Japan recommendation! My fren is under a tight budget so I have to follow along for cheaper accommodation.

My ryokan in kyoto does not provide pick up services. Planning to stay at one day at ohanabo to experience the breakfast and dinner and one day at ryokan shimizu. both seems walkable distance from the station. I don't even know there is a difference between washoku and kaiseki :s22:

okay more research needed for osaka and kobe. and i guess i will skip the tokyo banana unless it magically appear in front of me at the airport XD

Last edited:

agony2

Reaction score
Sake 2 litres max + 1 litre of beer

woohoo thanks!

I've stayed at Khaosan Kabuki and wouldn't recommend it for 2 persons. The room rate for a double or twin room online needs to be multiplied by the number of persons staying there. For example, if you see twin room USD $50. That is the rate for a single person. The rate for 2 persons is USD $50 x 2.

I would go for this only if I'm traveling alone and don't mind backpacker's accommodation. You're looking at really thin, stained mattresses, putting on bedsheets yourself, poor sound insulation, and erm, the works. I don't want to get into details here but tatami flooring in toilets is a big no-no for me.

To each his own. For me, it makes a great hostel but a lousy hotel. Location is wonderful though. Very close to the train station and less than 2 minutes walk to Karimon Gate. Bring good directions because it is very, very hard to find the first time. Its location marked on google maps is wrong when I searched for it about a month ago. :)

tatami flooring wow...... Well we have really low expectation for accommodation. just want cheap lodging. at this stage even dorms will do :(

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
Can use for any JR lines in the whole of Japan. Nex and shinkasen included. However there are some exception e.g. JR trains using non-JR tracks/Nozomi Shinkasen

Tokyo Metro cannot as its not under JR.

Ok. If the trip is 10days, I should get Jr pass for 7days. Or normally how u all do it?

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya. I getting out from Tokyo to Osaka n Kyoto. I thinking juz getting daily pass plus pasmo Card.

Sephirot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya. I getting out from Tokyo to Osaka n Kyoto. I thinking juz getting daily pass plus pasmo Card.
Shinkasen from Tokyo to Kyoto is about SGD$160~ already one way per pax. If you are not heading back to Tokyo for departure, I think you do not need the JR Pass. If yes, I think you better get one.

Do note that JR Pass can be activated any time you want. Lets say if you got it on the first day but want to activate it only on your 3rd day, just tell the JR Pass staff. So rather than 1st day to the 7th, it is now from the 3rd to the 10th day. It all depends on your itinerary.

Last edited:

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
Shinkasen from Tokyo to Kyoto is about SGD$160~ already one way per pax. If you are not heading back to Tokyo for departure, I think you do not need the JR Pass. If yes, I think you better get one.

Do note that JR Pass can be activated any time you want. Lets say if you got it on the first day but want to activate it only on your 3rd day, just tell the JR Pass staff. So rather than 1st day to the 7th, it is now from the 3rd to the 10th day. It all depends on your itinerary.

Oic.. Now I have much clearer picture. Thx bro.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kaiseki is bit more extravagant and served in a certain order. The lines are little blurred in ryokan though :s22:

but I would say it can't really be considered as kaiseki if the dishes are shared and stuff.

agony2

Reaction score
I seeee. I really have no clue. Oh well. Just randomly pick one ryokan to stay then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.