Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me again... jr pass = jr east pass??

nope, these are different passes

usually when we mention jr pass, we are referring to the 7-day one that covers the whole of japan and cost 28300yen

JR east pass is the 5-day flexible pass that can only be used in eastern japan (tokyo, sendai, akita etc), and cost 22000yen
JR EAST PASS | Fares & Passes | JR-EAST

there are also other passes such as the JR west kansai area pass, JR west sanyo pass, JR Kyushu pass etc, each covering different areas

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u are confused with all the passes, just let us know what is ur itinerary, and we can recommend which pass is suitable for u

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks!

it is the same for sanyo area pass.. i somehow missed it when i was looking at the website (top paragraph, 3rd line) :s22:
looks like this one u mentioned is something new to me.
diff from the other one i know is that the one i mentioned covers shikoku, while the one u mentioned ends at hakata (instead of kumamoto for the other one).

Reaction score
if i am holding a JR west area (kansai), can i take this route from tennoji to shin-osaka?
3risGlG.png

Espedine

Reaction score
Hi, I will be flying into Tokyo Narita. Would like to visit Osaka/Kyoto (Have 7 days). Should I station myself at Osaka/Kyoto? Any suggested accomodation near the train station? Thank you!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wat app is this. Can I said that Jr pass cannot use in tokyo subway izzit

that is Hyperdia

tokyo subways are not under JR, so cannot use JR pass.
but u can rely on JR yamanote line to get to most of the places in tokyo. it is covered by JR pass

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will be flying into Tokyo Narita. Would like to visit Osaka/Kyoto (Have 7 days). Should I station myself at Osaka/Kyoto? Any suggested accomodation near the train station? Thank you!

both are okay.
osaka have more choices of cheaper accommodations, and there are more shops and eateries that are open at night.
kyoto if u wanna experience the more traditional ryokan, and prefer the peace and quiet.
depending on the number of days u planning to visit each place, u may even wanna stay half the trip in osaka, the other part in kyoto to experience both

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that is Hyperdia

tokyo subways are not under JR, so cannot use JR pass.
but u can rely on JR yamanote line to get to most of the places in tokyo. it is covered by JR pass
is hyperdia still available on Google Play?

slipperss

Reaction score
hi all, may i know if my scoot plane touches down at 11.00 at narita, would i be able to take a domestic flight at 12.35? is there sufficient time? thank you

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too rush. From alighting point to collect luggage is 30-45 mins. Domestic flight might be different terminal from Scoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.