Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im still planning a trip for autumn/winter 2014.

which is the cheapest to pull off?

1) fly from sg to tokyo---> tokyo to osaka(via shinkansen) ----> osaka to singapore

2) fly from sg to osaka---> osaka to tokyo(via shinkansen) ----> tokyo to singapore

3) fly from sg to tokyo ---> tokyo to osaka(via shinkansen)----> osaka to tokyo(via shinkansen---> tokyo to singapore

4) fly from sg to osaka ---> osaka to tokyo(via shinkansen)---> tokyo to osaka (via shinkansen ---> osaka to singapore

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) fly from sg to tokyo---> tokyo to osaka(via shinkansen) ----> osaka to singapore

2) fly from sg to osaka---> osaka to tokyo(via shinkansen) ----> tokyo to singapore

3) fly from sg to tokyo ---> tokyo to osaka(via shinkansen)----> osaka to tokyo(via shinkansen---> tokyo to singapore

4) fly from sg to osaka ---> osaka to tokyo(via shinkansen)---> tokyo to osaka (via shinkansen ---> osaka to singapore

Should be 2. From Osaka to Tokyo, u can take Peach airlines (Peach). Cheaper than Shinkansen.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1 and 2 will probably cost the same.

between 3 and 4, it will depend on airline promotion. usually flight to osaka is slightly cheaper.

and between 1/2 and 3 or 4, it depends whether u can get cheap open jaw tickets. coz most of the time, airfare promotion doesnt allow open jaw. the extra amount u pay for open jaw tickets may be more than the amount u save on having 1 less shinkansen trip.

or go with dimitri's suggestion and go with domestic airline instead of shinkansen between osaka and tokyo. 1 way or 2 way depend again on whether u can get cheap open jaw ticket

WANGLAI

Reaction score
Wanglai: yes. U can use it on Narita express. For return trip, it really depends where u are going there from? From Shinjuku or..?

check it out on hyperdia...

Thanks alot bro for the reply. I try using the hyperdia and below is a sample of the journey from Shinjuku(JR) to Haneda Airport.

10:37begin SHINJUKU(JR)
[ Departure track No.8 ]
[13 Min] through JR Chuo Line Rapid Service

10:50
10:53 transfer TOKYO
[ Arrival track No.2 ]

[4 Min] through JR Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line Rapid

10:57
11:04 transfer HAMAMATSUCHO

[15 Min] through Tokyo Monorail Rapid

11:19 end HANEDA AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL BUILDING

1st question: Just to check whether the procedure is correct. Based on the schedule, I am suppose to take train at track no. 8 using JR Chuo Line Rapid Service, which take about 13 mins to reach tokyo station at track no. 2. After that I need to transfer to JR Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line Rapid which take 4mins to reach HAMAMATSUCHO, follow by last transfer to Haneda airport international building, through tokyo monorail rapid which take about 15min?
2nd question: Can I say if in tokyo station, the timing i had available to board the next transfer is only 3mins (10:50 to 10:53) If I cant find/reach the transfer in time, do I need to research everything again?
Sorry for so many question as this is the first time i going japan. Thanks in advance. Cheers!!!

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot bro for the reply. I try using the hyperdia and below is a sample of the journey from Shinjuku(JR) to Haneda Airport.

[ Departure track No.8 ]

[ Arrival track No.2 ]

1st question: Just to check whether the procedure is correct. Based on the schedule, I am suppose to take train at track no. 8 using JR Chuo Line Rapid Service, which take about 13 mins to reach tokyo station at track no. 2. After that I need to transfer to JR Keihin-Tohoku/Negishi Line Rapid which take 4mins to reach HAMAMATSUCHO, follow by last transfer to Haneda airport international building, through tokyo monorail rapid which take about 15min?
2nd question: Can I say if in tokyo station, the timing i had available to board the next transfer is only 3mins (10:50 to 10:53) If I cant find/reach the transfer in time, do I need to research everything again?
Sorry for so many question as this is the first time i going japan. Thanks in advance. Cheers!!!

Answer to 1st question: Correct.
Answer to 2nd question: if unsure, just check hyperdia again or ask the station staff. =)

_______(Place that you wanna go) ma-de dou-yatte i-ki-ma-su ka
E.g

Shinjuku made douyatte ikimasu ka (How do i get to Shinjuku?)

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

[ Departure track No.8 ]

[ Arrival track No.2 ]

The aim is to reach Hamamatsucho for the Monorail. From Hyperdia you can see many options given to you. And it changes as you change the timing. If you are late and missed the one highlighted, you can just wait for the next one. But you don't have this kind of flexibility when you have reserved seats trains where you must board a certain train that you have the seats reserved. But for your case, you don't have this problem.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be 2. From Osaka to Tokyo, u can take Peach airlines (Peach). Cheaper than Shinkansen.

between 3 and 4, it will depend on airline promotion. usually flight to osaka is slightly cheaper.

and between 1/2 and 3 or 4, it depends whether u can get cheap open jaw tickets. coz most of the time, airfare promotion doesnt allow open jaw. the extra amount u pay for open jaw tickets may be more than the amount u save on having 1 less shinkansen trip.

or go with dimitri's suggestion and go with domestic airline instead of shinkansen between osaka and tokyo. 1 way or 2 way depend again on whether u can get cheap open jaw ticket

cheaper by how much? its 12k yen for peach.

so fly from sg to osaka, then change to peach?

i dont plan to spend too long in tokyo this time. just wanna go hakone/fuji kyu highland, etc.

this trip is mostly osaka

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

can i fly one way and shinkansen 1 way?

wanna experience the bullet train:s13:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i fly one way and shinkansen 1 way?

wanna experience the bullet train:s13:

yes, of coz
unlike full-fledge airlines, budget carriers dun penalise u for buying 1-way tickets. so u can just fly osaka to tokyo on peach, and return by shinkansen (or the other way around)

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
btw, anyone booked super hotel b4? Just wondering is the payment make when reach the hotel or does it have online payment system? Coz I scare later no room if I have make my reservation.

WANGLAI

Reaction score
Hi guys, will like to check whether is it usual practise that I leave my main luggage at the reception in hotel while I proceed to go other place like Osaka for three days? By the way when I come back, I will still be using back the same hotel for the rest of my stay in tokyo. Please kindly advise. Thanks

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, of coz
unlike full-fledge airlines, budget carriers dun penalise u for buying 1-way tickets. so u can just fly osaka to tokyo on peach, and return by shinkansen (or the other way around)

haha. good. coz i just checked the sin- osaka, tokyo - sin.

1k each way.

sin - osaka return, sin-tokyo return 600

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw, anyone booked super hotel b4? Just wondering is the payment make when reach the hotel or does it have online payment system? Coz I scare later no room if I have make my reservation.

yah, stay b4. payment made only when u are there. dun think they got online payment system

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, will like to check whether is it usual practise that I leave my main luggage at the reception in hotel while I proceed to go other place like Osaka for three days? By the way when I come back, I will still be using back the same hotel for the rest of my stay in tokyo. Please kindly advise. Thanks

i suggest u email the hotel to ask if it is ok. coz some small hotels may not have space to keep ur luggage for so long.

usually 1 night is okay, and i have done it before in toyoko-inn and other business hotel. havent tried for multiple days

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha. good. coz i just checked the sin- osaka, tokyo - sin.

1k each way.

sin - osaka return, sin-tokyo return 600

which airline is that?
have u tried cathay? the last time i did open-jaw, arrive nagoya and depart kansai, it was only and extra $50

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
Just checked ANA and realised it cost around $963 per pax to Tokyo.
While SQ cost $1033 per pax to Tokyo.
It appears SQ is more worthwhile with higher baggage allowance right?
Would appreciate if there is cheaper lobang to Tokyo though. Planning my Jun trip now. Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.