Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not very sure actually. I think I will just add another 4k yen to avoid the confusing flight timing. I tried checking hostelworld and hotel like tokyo inn but all of them have no accommodation from 2nd to 3rd May. This is so weird..

because 2-3may is during golden week!!

Victory89

Master Member
Reaction score
because 2-3may is during golden week!!
Jialat.. LOL! Do you have any advises for me? I still can't find any staying place that's within my budget of less than $50 a night for 3rd-4th May (Sat and Sun) except for capsule hotel. Me and one other friend were planning to be in Tokyo from 2nd-8th May.

I had to check out after just one night on the 2nd May then bring my next 2 days clothings around and stay capsule hotel but that just sound troublesome to me. Haha..

jep

Reaction score
Beppu

Like to ask how to go to famous Beppu Jigoku hot spring from Hakata stn?
From wat I gather, 1st must take Sonic limited express train to JR Beppu stn. Then latter take public buses. Correct?

1. Wat bus number to take from JR Beppu stn?
2. Where to stop? (the 6 hells spring that is within walking distances)
3. Then later take wat bus number to the other 2 hells spring?

Lastly, is it possible to tour finish within the day, as I plan to go back to hakata on the same day, rather than stay one day at Beppu.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like to ask how to go to famous Beppu Jigoku hot spring from Hakata stn?
From wat I gather, 1st must take Sonic limited express train to JR Beppu stn. Then latter take public buses. Correct?

1. Wat bus number to take from JR Beppu stn?
2. Where to stop? (the 6 hells spring that is within walking distances)
3. Then later take wat bus number to the other 2 hells spring?

Lastly, is it possible to tour finish within the day, as I plan to go back to hakata on the same day, rather than stay one day at Beppu.

Everything you need to know is on this webpage in English....

Beppu Travel: Hells (Jigoku)

abumble

Reaction score
I will be traveling to Japan for the 1st time from 9-15 May. Would be going to Tokyo>Takayama>Kanazawa>Osaka.

Wondering how is the weather gonna be like. Forecast seems to be quite comfy 15-25 deg. But will I be expecting any chilly winds etc?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be traveling to Japan for the 1st time from 9-15 May. Would be going to Tokyo>Takayama>Kanazawa>Osaka.

Wondering how is the weather gonna be like. Forecast seems to be quite comfy 15-25 deg. But will I be expecting any chilly winds etc?

can be quite windy when you are at the mountain or sea side. when wind blows, the "feel like" temperature will drop a few degree.

marc2002

Master Member
Reaction score
One of my japanese female fren was telling me Fukuoka the ppl are generally more traditional compared to other major cities. Any experiences on this?

accgal26

Reaction score
Hi

what is some of the worth buying food stuffs as gift? eg: tokyo banana and still got what? I am staying around shinjuku area. pls help!!!

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
if i not wrong tax rebate is only done on the spot, selected store and minimum spend 10000 yen which is equivalent to SGD$123 per store and receipt

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Hi

what is some of the worth buying food stuffs as gift? eg: tokyo banana and still got what? I am staying around shinjuku area. pls help!!!

Tokyo banana is over rated, having the real banana better. Haahaa. You can buy Shiroi biscuit, POtato farm, Royce chocolate, Royce chocolate chip, and there's this biscuit that look like a cigar in a tin box. very strong butter taste.

In Shinjuku, there's a hello kitty gift shop, lots of limited edition stuff and currently they are giving away the special hello kitty paper carrier.

ABC store can get nice good reasonable shoes.

solarwings

Reaction score
tax rebate only applies to big ticket items only. check with the shop before buying.

Bic camera/Yodobashi camera able to claim. It may take a while to process.
I bought a japanese Nintendo 3DS last year, priced around 15,000yen. At the counter, show your passport and ask for the tax rebate. Then, you fill in a form. They may ask you to go another counter.

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
After visited japan, now is addicted liao. Planning to go next year, btw, I stayed in superhotel during the trip they provide breakfast and the variety depend on location where u stay in. Is toyoko inn breakfast ho jiak den super hotel? Coz having breakfast in hotel really make me save $$ on breakfast b4 I going exploring:

shadowWizz

Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can and all the other forumers reading this thread.
I was hoping if anyone can suggest for places to tour around for the following 2 places, namely Fukuoka and Hakone. It's a mid-June trip (16- 25 June). :)

I will be in Fukuoka to catch a concert over 2 days, staying there for 4 days 3 nights and have booked a place at Toyoko Inn, the one near the Koukura station (Kokura-eki Minami-guchi).. Was wondering if there's anything that can be done in the day in Fukuoka which is not too far so that I'll be in time for the concert? Concert's at Kita Kyushuu Media Dome (北九州メディアドーム).

For Hakone, I'll be there for about 2 days 1 night, may extend to 3 days 2 night if there's anything I can do there. Was hoping to see Owakudani and the Hakone shrines, but besides that I'm not quite sure what can I do there. Recommendations are welcomed. :)

A friend recommended Masuya Ryokan coz it's cheaper, but he did warn it may be difficult to find. So if anyone have any recommendations for lodging around that price, it'll be good too. :s8:

Any recommendations/ feedback are greatly appreciated! :D

lmankram7

Reaction score
atleast a single receipt of goods (foods are excluded) worth 10001yen will do to have the rebate. just check shops with duty free signs. Yodabashi stores has no 8% tax if i'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.