Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielkok

Reaction score
Ok I have a question: how do you suggest I get from Narita village to Haneda airport?

TQ.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can and all the other forumers reading this thread.
I was hoping if anyone can suggest for places to tour around for the following 2 places, namely Fukuoka and Hakone. It's a mid-June trip (16- 25 June). :)

I will be in Fukuoka to catch a concert over 2 days, staying there for 4 days 3 nights and have booked a place at Toyoko Inn, the one near the Koukura station (Kokura-eki Minami-guchi).. Was wondering if there's anything that can be done in the day in Fukuoka which is not too far so that I'll be in time for the concert? Concert's at Kita Kyushuu Media Dome (北九州メディアドーム).

For Hakone, I'll be there for about 2 days 1 night, may extend to 3 days 2 night if there's anything I can do there. Was hoping to see Owakudani and the Hakone shrines, but besides that I'm not quite sure what can I do there. Recommendations are welcomed. :)

A friend recommended Masuya Ryokan coz it's cheaper, but he did warn it may be difficult to find. So if anyone have any recommendations for lodging around that price, it'll be good too. :s8:

Any recommendations/ feedback are greatly appreciated! :D
what's ur budget?

shadowWizz

Reaction score
what's ur budget?

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! :D

I'll be traveling around via the JR pass.. Traveling alone for the Hakone trip, will be with a friend for the Fukuoka one.

Might be getting the Hakone 2 day pass if I'm covering more areas. If i'm not mistaken, the JR line will only be at Odawara and from there on the trains are operated by other companies.
Hmm... Budget for Hakone's lodging would be good if it's under 5000yen per night.

Other than that, as long as entrance fees don't cost more than 5000yen, I don't really have a major problem. :)

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS, I got a few questions, please help me out if you can.

A dumb one. I went Japan twice before. I like to go a popular chain of eatery call Matsuyama (松屋). During breakfast time, I see ppl ordering a raw egg but no chance to see how they eat it. Do you happen to know? Can teach me?

I am thinking of getting a camera (specifically Sony alpha5000) in Japan when I go over in Oct/Nov. Do you know if english is available as a option inside? And which shop will you recommend in Tokyo for buying electronics? Any tax rebate?

Many thanks in advance!

quinjoe

Reaction score
may i ask what is the best bus plan from nrt to disney?
my travel party is 8 adult 8 children 1 baby
what is the best rate mifi rental?
i found a lot, but dun know which one to decide,
thx in advance

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS, I got a few questions, please help me out if you can.

A dumb one. I went Japan twice before. I like to go a popular chain of eatery call Matsuyama (松屋). During breakfast time, I see ppl ordering a raw egg but no chance to see how they eat it. Do you happen to know? Can teach me?

I am thinking of getting a camera (specifically Sony alpha5000) in Japan when I go over in Oct/Nov. Do you know if english is available as a option inside? And which shop will you recommend in Tokyo for buying electronics? Any tax rebate?

Many thanks in advance!

Matsuya is my fave budget eatery there as well! Just pour the raw egg over the gyudon.

If you wanna buy camera, you can try Fujiya in Nakano. Quite reasonable price.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which flight ex-Tokyo

I am redeeming my Krisflyer for tickets to Japan. SIN-KIX morning arrival. For the return leg, which Tokyo airport and flight should I choose? Day or night flight? And why? :s13:

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Matsuya is my fave budget eatery there as well! Just pour the raw egg over the gyudon.

Although tamago kake gohan is pretty common in Japan, I have experienced many times Singaporeans and even one time Taiwanese shocked to find out it is eaten raw.

It is actually very delicious.

gutianleong

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the JR kanto pass to go to the shibazakura festival at kawaguchiko, nikko and the Hitachi seaside Park at ibaraki.

I know that I can take the fujikyuko line to kawaguchiko. But can anyone advise if I have to make reservations to get seats on the train? On can I just board? I am afraid it's fully booked and I can't get on.

And can anyone advise if the nemophilia at Hitachi seaside Park is still blooming? I can make it there on 22nd may.

ネモフィラ | 国営ひたち海浜公園

Any bro can advise on what the website says about the state of the nemophilia?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the JR kanto pass to go to the shibazakura festival at kawaguchiko, nikko and the Hitachi seaside Park at ibaraki.

I know that I can take the fujikyuko line to kawaguchiko. But can anyone advise if I have to make reservations to get seats on the train? On can I just board? I am afraid it's fully booked and I can't get on.

And can anyone advise if the nemophilia at Hitachi seaside Park is still blooming? I can make it there on 22nd may.

ãƒ*モフィラ | 国営ã*²ã*Ÿã*¡æµ·æµœå…¬åœ’

Quite some varieties of trains:
http://e.fujikyu-railway.jp/station/timetable.php?no=18

Tozan for sure requires reservations.

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ネモフィラ | 国営ひたち海浜公園

the english website of hitachi seaside park says that nemophilia is until early may, so u may not be able to see it. but there will be other flowers to see throughout the year.
just dun go during end autumn coz tt is wat i did and there wasnt any flowers at all. nevertheless, the park is actually quite nice. good for a relax stroll and to people watch

nonameisme

Master Member
Reaction score
Japan Pre Paid sim card.
Hi,

is there any recommendation of japan pre paid sim card, beside b mobile?

thanks!

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yap, heard about this Fujiya too, just that its location is a bit ulu. Only one outlet right?

Although tamago kake gohan is pretty common in Japan, I have experienced many times Singaporeans and even one time Taiwanese shocked to find out it is eaten raw.

It is actually very delicious.

I like to try but stomach weak, scare eat already LS. :(:(

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yap, heard about this Fujiya too, just that its location is a bit ulu. Only one outlet right?

They are located in the same area, 2 shops.

One sells old 2nd hand parts and only 1 lvl.
The other have two lvls with both first and 2nd hand cameras and equipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.