Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, will you know if its cheaper to get watches like seiko or casio in japan?

Or what are some of the things that are cheaper in jp than sg?

Thanks!

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, will you know if its cheaper to get watches like seiko or casio in japan?

Or what are some of the things that are cheaper in jp than sg?

Thanks!
Watches seem to be cheaper...
Anything that is made in Japan, seems to be cheaper.

I bought my Sony camera for $750, in SG selling $1199.

Melicious

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Dimitri,
I will be going to kinosaki for 2 days and 2 nights and will be making trips to tottori sand dune and amanohamashite.

Want to know if I will have enough time for kinosaki if I allocate half a day for the sand dune for the first day and another half on the other day for amanohamashite before heading to my next destination.

liquidy

Reaction score
Hello, my partner and me is deciding on a place to stay in our Tokyo trip. We found a decent accommodation at Jujo Station (5-10 mins walk, 79 SGD/night/apt), and we will be staying there for 9 nights. We are concerned that it may not be the best place to stay due to location wise, what do you think? Used google map and it said to travel to places like Tokyo central, it would take roughly 35 minutes. Is it a good estimate?

Where do you normally recommend people staying, for travel within Tokyo? Budget wise per night per room around 100. TIA

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for convenience, it would be generally better to find a place along the Yamanote line

90% of the spots you want to hit in Tokyo are along that line, making staying somewhere near a station on the line a good idea. The trains on the Yamanote also operate more hours. You will not need to go to your exchange station to discover that the line you want to change to has closed for the night. Good thing the private denshas are open...

I am going in December this year and I am putting up at Oak hotel Ueno

OakHotel

Basic twin (bunk bed) is 8,500 yen which I think are their hot selling rooms

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, my partner and me is deciding on a place to stay in our Tokyo trip. We found a decent accommodation at Jujo Station (5-10 mins walk, 79 SGD/night/apt), and we will be staying there for 9 nights. We are concerned that it may not be the best place to stay due to location wise, what do you think? Used google map and it said to travel to places like Tokyo central, it would take roughly 35 minutes. Is it a good estimate?

Where do you normally recommend people staying, for travel within Tokyo? Budget wise per night per room around 100. TIA

Jujo station is on the JR Saikyo line and have direct trains to Ikebukuro, Shinjuku and Shibuya. u will need to change train to get to other parts of Tokyo.

u can refer to hyperdia website to check the train timing:
HyperDia | Timetable and Route Search in Japan.
a search on hyperdia shows that it takes about 30mins to get from Jujo to Tokyo station, including the time to transfer.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello dimitri,

can ask, if i wanna get an item in japan, inside a shop within Parco itself. Is it a standard for the shop to waive off the tax of 8% if the item is more than Y10k?
If they don't, where else can i get the rebate done?

TIA!

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My twin bed only 6000 yen..
Opposite my hotel still got 24 hours supermarket, 7-11, Matsuya, Karaoke-kan, Donki Hall

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello dimitri,

can ask, if i wanna get an item in japan, inside a shop within Parco itself. Is it a standard for the shop to waive off the tax of 8% if the item is more than Y10k?
If they don't, where else can i get the rebate done?

TIA!
GST rebate either is done at a counter or you can show them your passport and get the refund when paying

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Thanks, but what counter are you referring to?

For departmental stores like Parco, usually on the top floor there's a helpdesk/tax refund counter to process your claim. Bring your receipt and passport.

If shops like yodobashi/bic camera or individual Burberry blue label building, they will process when you make payment.

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Bro u know any good place to buy unlock jap phone?

New models very difficult, japan do not have sim free mobile, even apple iphone all came with contract. There's a few 2nd hand mobile phone shop at akihabara where you can try but not cheap.

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Watches seem to be cheaper...
Anything that is made in Japan, seems to be cheaper.

I bought my Sony camera for $750, in SG selling $1199.

Casio and Seiko no longer made in japan, nowadays all from china or thailand but yes as the main office is in japan, you get the latest models and attractive price compare to singapore.

Japanese food are cheap, toys such as gundam, lego.

DVDs, Blu-ray are very expensive unless discount

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For departmental stores like Parco, usually on the top floor there's a helpdesk/tax refund counter to process your claim. Bring your receipt and passport.

If shops like yodobashi/bic camera or individual Burberry blue label building, they will process when you make payment.

Oh, OK! Thanks a lot! :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.