Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried studying google map, therefore i'm thinking whether should i take a subway or take a JR train if it is much cheaper considering i need to walk further from Jr namba station. so i can assume i cannot use my Jr pass for any subway other den JR train only which only stop at JR station

u cant use JR pass for non-JR lines.
where are u heading to? actually these few stations are not too far apart and u are likely to walk pass all of them if u are shopping around Nanba station

skyblood

Reaction score
u cant use JR pass for non-JR lines.
where are u heading to? actually these few stations are not too far apart and u are likely to walk pass all of them if u are shopping around Nanba station

i'm heading to Shinsaibaishi Shopping Arcade, looking at the map its nearer to Shinsaibaishi subway station, but i'm considering the price/distance if i were to use my Jr pass to take the JR train to JR namba station and walk all the way there.

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm heading to Shinsaibaishi Shopping Arcade, looking at the map its nearer to Shinsaibaishi subway station, but i'm considering the price/distance if i were to use my Jr pass to take the JR train to JR namba station and walk all the way there.

Depends on whether you want to save that few dollars. I had the JR pass the first time I went Kansai and I didn't use it much there because I use googlemap and basically just took the subway or any private line that is the nearest.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u can just walk from JR Nanba coz the entire area is filled with shops. u will pass by Dotonbori along the way too

Reaction score
Any recommendations to shop for souvenirs or snacks in tokyo? probably with wide range of selection.

Any particular shop in Akihabara that sells cheap gundam?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations to shop for souvenirs or snacks in tokyo? probably with wide range of selection.

Any particular shop in Akihabara that sells cheap gundam?

there is a huge shop in ameyoko selling all sorts of snacks.

Yodobashi Camera sells gundam kits at 30% off the recommended retail price. u can also look at smaller shops in akihabara. sometimes they may clear stock and have a huge discount for certain kits. just keep in mind that Yodobashi have 30% off, and compare if there are anything cheaper than that

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation guys! Will keep a lookout at ameya yokocho market then.

Hope I wont get lost in Tokyo, totally just relying on my tripadvisor offline map =S

The Big Bang Theory

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Furano a good place to enjoy onsen? Coz I already booked my hotel at sapporo, so it's quite impossible to stay overnight at any ryokens...

I found a few hot spring sides, including the noboribetsu, Jozankei, and lake toya....but since I only visit during daytime, noboribetsu rike nothing to do besides hotspring...
scare jozankei not as good as noboribetsu, lake toya they say difficult to find onsens...

and we really want to visit ningle terrace at furano in the evening, and furano has onsen facility as well, so wanna ask if its good to put them in one day?

or should cater one day to visit norbori/jozan/lake toya....need advice!! thanks

bump for moi qn

eddief4

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience using pia ticket machine?
Will have to use it to purchase tickets to a show. I heard there's english version but only circle K sunkus store?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bump for moi qn

I have never been to furano or jozankei so I cannot tell you how are the onsens there. But I have been to noboribetsu and I would think it is better you don't go since you are not booking Daiichi Takimotokan Hotel. Because if you were to go for the baths there as a day visitor (1130-2pm only), you would come back regretting not having booked to stay there.

But if you looked up the other thread I have started about onsen ranking in Japan, you would have noticed jozankei has been ranked by users in Japan as one of the top 5 onsens in east Japan. furano is nowhere on the list (not even on the bigger list which list over 42 popular onsens in east Japan).

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/japan-271/2014-best-onsen-ranking-4876855.html

But saying that, furano might have interesting onsens to visit. Some of my top memorable onsens are not on the list too, so it is possible to find a gem off the beaten track. I searched a bit and both the Ryounkaku and the Hakuginso onsens are interesting enough for me to want to visit.

The Big Bang Theory

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have never been to furano or jozankei so I cannot tell you how are the onsens there. But I have been to noboribetsu and I would think it is better you don't go since you are not booking Daiichi Takimotokan Hotel. Because if you were to go for the baths there as a day visitor (1130-2pm only), you would come back regretting not having booked to stay there.

But if you looked up the other thread I have started about onsen ranking in Japan, you would have noticed jozankei has been ranked by users in Japan as one of the top 5 onsens in east Japan. furano is nowhere on the list (not even on the bigger list which list over 42 popular onsens in east Japan).

2014 Best Onsen Ranking - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

But saying that, furano might have interesting onsens to visit. Some of my top memorable onsens are not on the list too, so it is possible to find a gem off the beaten track. I searched a bit and both the Ryounkaku and the Hakuginso onsens are interesting enough for me to want to visit.

Thanks kifo, for the detailed information.

I regretted that I booked my hotels too early as well, should've done my research earlier and stay overnight at one of the hotel with onsens.

We decided to spend one day on each places; onsens and furano+ashi zoo.

Do you mean that jozankei provides better osens for day visitors?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks kifo, for the detailed information.

I regretted that I booked my hotels too early as well, should've done my research earlier and stay overnight at one of the hotel with onsens.

We decided to spend one day on each places; onsens and furano+ashi zoo.

Do you mean that jozankei provides better osens for day visitors?

Jozankei's most popular onsen hotel - the Jozankei View Hotel, opens its bath area to day visitors from 10 to 3pm only. I have not visited it myself so I can't really tell except from the pictures. The problem with most hotel onsens is that they only open up their onsens to day visitors up to 3pm. Usually I prefer to go to a public onsen which has more flexible opening hours.

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am I too ambitious to complete within 2 full days? Any suggestion? Missed out anything?

- Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- Kyoto Jishu Shrine
- Yasaka Pagoda
- Kodaiji Temple
- Philosopher's Walk
- Ginkakuji
- Kinkakuji

- Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Nishiki Market
- Gion

The Big Bang Theory

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jozankei's most popular onsen hotel - the Jozankei View Hotel, opens its bath area to day visitors from 10 to 3pm only. I have not visited it myself so I can't really tell except from the pictures. The problem with most hotel onsens is that they only open up their onsens to day visitors up to 3pm. Usually I prefer to go to a public onsen which has more flexible opening hours.

But I heard noboribetsu has the most number of onsens around, easier to get access and more choices right?

Normally they have lunch package together with the onsen one hor?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But I heard noboribetsu has the most number of onsens around, easier to get access and more choices right?

Normally they have lunch package together with the onsen one hor?

I usually don't go for lunch package with onsens. Normally it is not advisable to go soak into an onsen after eating a heavy meal. I am not sure about you but I would feel too full to enjoy the hot water.

And while we always talk about the onsen water quality, the most enjoyable thing about going to the onsen bath to me is not the water, but the design and atmosphere of the bath. There are usually a lot of onsen baths in many onsen towns but if you really want to enjoy the experience, you will need to be selective. After all, a hole in the ground and 4 walls is also an onsen bath. That's why I have been recommending the Daiichi Takimotokan for the onsen in Noboribetsu. There are sure many onsen baths in Noboribetsu, but if you want the definitive experience that many people associate with Noboribetsu, then you must go to Daiichi Takimotokan.

The Big Bang Theory

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I usually don't go for lunch package with onsens. Normally it is not advisable to go soak into an onsen after eating a heavy meal. I am not sure about you but I would feel too full to enjoy the hot water.

And while we always talk about the onsen water quality, the most enjoyable thing about going to the onsen bath to me is not the water, but the design and atmosphere of the bath. There are usually a lot of onsen baths in many onsen towns but if you really want to enjoy the experience, you will need to be selective. After all, a hole in the ground and 4 walls is also an onsen bath. That's why I have been recommending the Daiichi Takimotokan for the onsen in Noboribetsu. There are sure many onsen baths in Noboribetsu, but if you want the definitive experience that many people associate with Noboribetsu, then you must go to Daiichi Takimotokan.

I agree, btw does Daiichi Takimotokan offer onsen for day visitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.