Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jep

Reaction score
Hakone

Since I see somebody post abt Hakone... but still confuse.

1. My fren like scenery, so which part of Hakone should we stay? (Juz one night stay)

2. Should we buy Hakone pass or juz buy "normal tkt" at Shinjuku?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saffronsatire, do i need to buy the JR pass for my itinerary (Tokyo & 1 night Hakone)? A bit confused by so many train system. If i do not need the JR pass, where should i buy the hakone free pass from? And If i want to take the romance train, i just buy from Shinjuku direct as u suggested?

Regarding the luggage situation, i should be bringing the big luggage (i think 30 inch) because i still need to continue my trip to US after that. The numbers in bracket above what am i supposed to click on? Or did i miss out something? :s11:

For Tokyo alone, don't need to buy JR pass. Either buy the suica (stored value card like our ezlink) and top up as and when or buy single trip tickets.

Yup, just buy the Hakone Free Pass from Shinjuku Station (Odakyu counter) and ride the train from Shinjuku directly to Hakone-Yumoto. Hakone Free Pass

Oopsie, forgot to append the link! Here it is: Hakone-Yumoto Station | Station and Port Information | HAKONENAVI.

Another suggestion is to shift Hakone/Fuji to Day 2-3 instead, so you can leave your luggage at your hotel after you check-out and bring a duffel bag for your Hakone/Fuji trip instead.

Since I see somebody post abt Hakone... but still confuse.

1. My fren like scenery, so which part of Hakone should we stay? (Juz one night stay)

2. Should we buy Hakone pass or juz buy "normal tkt" at Shinjuku?

1. Can try Lake Ashi. Prince is quite reasonably priced.

2. If you're planning to complete the round course, the Hakone Free Pass is cheaper.

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
For Tokyo alone, don't need to buy JR pass. Either buy the suica (stored value card like our ezlink) and top up as and when or buy single trip tickets.

Yup, just buy the Hakone Free Pass from Shinjuku Station (Odakyu counter) and ride the train from Shinjuku directly to Hakone-Yumoto. Hakone Free Pass

Oopsie, forgot to append the link! Here it is: Hakone-Yumoto Station | Station and Port Information | HAKONENAVI.

Another suggestion is to shift Hakone/Fuji to Day 2-3 instead, so you can leave your luggage at your hotel after you check-out and bring a duffel bag for your Hakone/Fuji trip instead.

2. If you're planning to complete the round course, the Hakone Free Pass is cheaper.

thats what i am planning to do. first night stay in Shinjuku, check out to Hakone Day 2, then head back Shinjuku Day 3.

I am planning to stay in Ooike in Hakone. Friend stayed there previously. Got Mt Fuji view, but dun think I have the budget to stay that room.

Devil7

Reaction score

Hi saffronsatire, your suggestion of shifting hakone to day 2-3 sounds like a plan too. Because I did have a slight concern about doing the hakone tour immediately after touch down, especially after a long distance flight. Somemore need to travel another 2 hrs up to hakone. Not sure if I have the energy to do a full day tour after that. So I should just book 1 night at tokyo, check out the next day and leave my luggage at the tokyo hotel overnight and go to hakone with an overnight bag? After the hakone trip check in back to the same tokyo hotel and take back my luggage? But is it safe to just leave my luggage overnight there for 2 days?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the hotel very small ah? otherwise, assuming if that room also sold as 2pax room, the staff must be very eagle-eye to keep track.

usually when u check-in, they will require the passport of all the guest. so u will be there at the counter for check-in. subsequently if they see any unfamiliar faces, they will probably get suspicious and double check the records and cctv

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi saffronsatire, your suggestion of shifting hakone to day 2-3 sounds like a plan too. Because I did have a slight concern about doing the hakone tour immediately after touch down, especially after a long distance flight. Somemore need to travel another 2 hrs up to hakone. Not sure if I have the energy to do a full day tour after that. So I should just book 1 night at tokyo, check out the next day and leave my luggage at the tokyo hotel overnight and go to hakone with an overnight bag? After the hakone trip check in back to the same tokyo hotel and take back my luggage? But is it safe to just leave my luggage overnight there for 2 days?

shld be safe.. i have done it many times.
some hotels will tied up ur luggage and give u a key tag which u use when collecting back ur luggage, so other ppl cannot anyhow claim ur luggage

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually when u check-in, they will require the passport of all the guest. so u will be there at the counter for check-in. subsequently if they see any unfamiliar faces, they will probably get suspicious and double check the records and cctv

Yup yup, but if the hotel very big, like few hundred rooms, really can remember every guest, especially since the staff are on rotational shift? That time i stayed at Shinagawa Prince the reception is on 2nd floor but can take lift straight from 1st floor to room level.

Moreover, some ppl may look different from their passport photo if they take those makeover type. very vigilant leh.

Yup yup, just book 1 night, then check-out on 2nd day (leave your luggage with them) and come back to check-in on the 4th day (or to retrieve your luggage if you're staying at another hotel - some hotels allow).

I think Japan quite safe, just don't leave any valuables in your luggage.

legend135

Reaction score
Yup yup, but if the hotel very big, like few hundred rooms, really can remember every guest, especially since the staff are on rotational shift? That time i stayed at Shinagawa Prince the reception is on 2nd floor but can take lift straight from 1st floor to room level.

Moreover, some ppl may look different from their passport photo if they take those makeover type. very vigilant leh.

Yup yup, just book 1 night, then check-out on 2nd day (leave your luggage with them) and come back to check-in on the 4th day (or to retrieve your luggage if you're staying at another hotel - some hotels allow).

I think Japan quite safe, just don't leave any valuables in your luggage.

I think evilernie's friend must have been suspicious ie 2ppl enter a single room at one time, or two ppl registering at the counter, at a low tourist season, and behaving suspiciously. I'm sure many ppl have sneaked more than allowed ppl into the room! Sounds like saffronsatire has experience in that! ^^

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think evilernie's friend must have been suspicious ie 2ppl enter a single room at one time, or two ppl registering at the counter, at a low tourist season, and behaving suspiciously. I'm sure many ppl have sneaked more than allowed ppl into the room! Sounds like saffronsatire has experience in that! ^^

Haha I never tried before! :X Cos sometimes those "double" room (more like single room to me) are sold as a room for 2 pax already. Imagine trying to squeeze 2 pax inside the single-single room.

But my cousin told me last time she, her bf and bf sister, 3 pax but they only book room for 2 pax. So even at a ryokan, they never book with meal plan cos later kena expose. But really very squeezy when 3 of them shared a bed at Washington Shinjuku. :eek:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my friend? i dun have any friends who tried that leh :s11:

anyway, my advice is dun try. u dun want to risk caught and throw out in the middle of the night or going to the police station. and dun give singaporean a bad name

gunnersiao

Reaction score
hi from Shinagawa Prince Hotel to Haneda airport, which is the most cheapest transport. by train or bus?

camerah

Master Member
Reaction score
want to ask about tax free shopping.
If say i buy a tax free tablet from yodobashi.
Am i allowed to use the tablet in japan?
is there a rule that tourist are not allowed to remove packaging for products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.