Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
Suica/Pasmo card: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
Can buy them from automated machines.

You can buy ICOCA from Itami airport.

For data, u can rent from me. It's $5/day. Some mountainous areas not covered.

Kyoto, a lot of walking.
Osaka and Tokyo: so-so.

thx :) do u have a thread?
so if i buy the icoca at itami, i can use it in kyoto and tokyo as well?

hutkahn

Reaction score
Thinking about visiting Hakone and Fuji five lakes area (Kawaguchi), and came across the Fuji Hakone pass.

Will be setting out from Tokyo, so will be able to utilize the rail part from Shinjuku. Planning to spend a night in Hakone, then bus up to Kawaguchi the next day. From there, I will take the Fujikyu rail up to Otsuki and then on to Matsumoto (using JR East Pass).

Is the Fuji Hakone pass viable for my usage? Also, any idea if it covers the trip to shibazakura festival from Kawaguchi?

Sent from my phone using GAGT

Vismark

Reaction score
If I go the Uniqlo Flagship outlet at Ginza, is there any other thing for me to shop or visit at the area? I want go there see but if only Uniqlo down there for me to walk about then like not worth the time to go.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
1st time to tokyo, 6d5n, should i bother day tripping out or just stay in tokyo?

if day trips, what would be recommended? hakone / nikko?

to see my fuji wat should the plan be?

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, first time going to japan here.

I'll be visiting tsukiji fish market (not for the auction) next tuesday.

Would like to ask you guys, how long should I allocate for a trip there? I do know that the wholesale area is not open to public before 9am. Should I go before 9am to eat at the sushi restaurants around the area first, then explore the market and outer market?

thanks!

40mins is all i need to make a round. They all sell almost the same things.
you should eat outside the market. The market itself is chop carrot price. Near tsukiji got a sushizanmai outlet.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st time to tokyo, 6d5n, should i bother day tripping out or just stay in tokyo?

depends on what you want to do in Tokyo. If you want to go Disneyland and Disneysea, that would take 2 whole day already.

Then in that case, i would recommend just using the whole period in Tokyo.

for me, even through i already visited Tokyo 4 times in the past, but everytime i always spend like 1 week finding new stuff in Tokyo to do! The city itself is massive compared to Singapore.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

depends on wat u have planned for tokyo. if u have free days, then can consider day tripping.

btw, it will be better to post all ur qns in 1 thread since u already have a thread discussing ur trip. tt way we can better advise coz we can see the context and the bigger picture. for example, u entire trip include kansai areas, so if u are planning to visit kawaguchi, it might be better to do it on the way from kansai to tokyo instead of as a day trip from tokyo

goodspeeds

Reaction score
If I go the Uniqlo Flagship outlet at Ginza, is there any other thing for me to shop or visit at the area? I want go there see but if only Uniqlo down there for me to walk about then like not worth the time to go.

uniqlo can go to any outlet no need go to flagship one

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
depends on wat u have planned for tokyo. if u have free days, then can consider day tripping.

btw, it will be better to post all ur qns in 1 thread since u already have a thread discussing ur trip. tt way we can better advise coz we can see the context and the bigger picture. for example, u entire trip include kansai areas, so if u are planning to visit kawaguchi, it might be better to do it on the way from kansai to tokyo instead of as a day trip from tokyo

ah sorry. noted! thought of asking small questions here. haha

milkaa

Reaction score
If I were to reach HND at 10pm, would I be able to quickly get into city with Limousine bus? I understand there is a night bus from 00:00 to 4:59. But will need to buy SUICA and maybe get an mobile internet service. Wondering if I should stay at Toyoko Inn HND for first night.

First trip to Japan. Still considering where to stay, may go with Toyoko Inn / Super at Ikebukuro or find somewhere nearer to Shinjuku area.

Thanks for help.

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I were to reach HND at 10pm, would I be able to quickly get into city with Limousine bus? I understand there is a night bus from 00:00 to 4:59. But will need to buy SUICA and maybe get an mobile internet service. Wondering if I should stay at Toyoko Inn HND for first night.

First trip to Japan. Still considering where to stay, may go with Toyoko Inn / Super at Ikebukuro or find somewhere nearer to Shinjuku area.

Thanks for help.

If you are landing at HND, Shinagawa is actually nearer for you.

Reaction score
First trip to tokyo in october, deciding btw shinjuku & shibuya for accomodation. What is the diff and suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
Any comments of accommodation near Bakurocho / Asakusabashi? :)

Staying at Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

any good food/must go nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.