Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I try to stay as close as possible to Tokyo Station more for transportation

i wish to as well but tokyo is ex compared to shinagawa. only tokyo can go to tohoku right? can't wait to go tohoku one day but next trip planning sapporo snow fest in 2017 first lol. tohoku ok to go in summer?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wish to as well but tokyo is ex compared to shinagawa. only tokyo can go to tohoku right? can't wait to go tohoku one day but next trip planning sapporo snow fest in 2017 first lol. tohoku ok to go in summer?

Tokyo got many different shinkansen line. I can go Tohoku day trip or go Kanazawa also no problem. Tokyo Station area i also more familiar since i always stay around there.

I never go Japan before in Summer, only in Spring/Autumn period. Too warm and Humid for me in summer.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ueno station also have shinkansen to tohoku region. shinkansen from tokyo station passes ueno before going to north to tohoku.
accom in ueno is much cheaper

ahbock

Reaction score
Hi,

If it is necessary to purchase reserve seat train tickets for travelling from Sapporo to Furano, which takes at least 2 hr of travelling. I am afraid train might be pack during the Jul period, not enough free seating seats.

Thanks in advance.

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If it is necessary to purchase reserve seat train tickets for travelling from Sapporo to Furano, which takes at least 2 hr of travelling. I am afraid train might be pack during the Jul period, not enough free seating seats.

Thanks in advance.

you can reserve as there are limited express services from Sapporo to Asahikawa..from Asahikawa to Furano is local line...not possible to reserve

Reaction score
is it direct or need to transit in Tokyo?
coz if I remember correctly, only SQ flies direct to Osaka.

if need transit, can consider MH or CX. will be much cheaper.
Yup taking SQ. Transit not good cuz the time taken is range from 9hrs+ to 11hrs +.

Does osaka have something similar of tokyo Akihabara? Wanna get data card first thing after touching down :(

I thinking of first few days in osaka, weekends registration +marathon, the remaining days in kyoto n/or osaka, come back after Halloween.

Sent from a poor fugly buibui loser using GAGT

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup taking SQ. Transit not good cuz the time taken is range from 9hrs+ to 11hrs +.

Does osaka have something similar of tokyo Akihabara? Wanna get data card first thing after touching down :(

I thinking of first few days in osaka, weekends registration +marathon, the remaining days in kyoto n/or osaka, come back after Halloween.

Sent from a poor fugly buibui loser using GAGT

Den Den town in namba will be similar to Akiba.

maybe put Kyoto before the marathon? in case chuiz after the marathon coz need more walking around for sightseeing in Kyoto.

lsharon70

Reaction score
Hi,

May i know if i want to go Odaiba, which station should i alight ?

Odaiba-Kaihinkoen OR Shimbashi ?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

May i know if i want to go Odaiba, which station should i alight ?

Odaiba-Kaihinkoen OR Shimbashi ?

Shimbashi is where u take the Yurikamome line to odaiba.
on odaiba itself, there are various stations, depending on where u want to go.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i always take rinkai line from sinjuku coz is cheaper

rinkai line is slightly cheaper and faster, depending on where u stay. from Shinjuku, it is 500yen by rinkai line to Tokyo teleport station, compared to 520yen via yurikamome to odaiba-kaihinkoen station.
rinkai line is underground while yurikamome line is above ground and travels over the rainbow bridge. so for first timer, may be good to take yurikamome line for some sightseeing

lsharon70

Reaction score
We would like to visit the following places :

DiverCity Tokyo Plaza

Palette Town

Which is the nearest station should we alight? Is shimbashi station far from these places ?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We would like to visit the following places :

DiverCity Tokyo Plaza

Palette Town

Which is the nearest station should we alight? Is shimbashi station far from these places ?

refer to the link to japan-guide that cpuer posted.
u can alight at Aomi station for palette town or Daiba station for Divercity. both malls are walking distance from each other, so see which one u want to visit first.

shimbashi is quite far. u can use google map to check the distance. but it is possible to walk, and there are ppl who walk across rainbow bridge to enjoy the sights. it takes 30-45min to walk across according to japan-guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.