Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Den Den town in namba will be similar to Akiba.

maybe put Kyoto before the marathon? in case chuiz after the marathon coz need more walking around for sightseeing in Kyoto.

Thx mate, i would like to ask how to improve schedule especially day 2-6 in kyoto and day 10-15.

I am thinking to go to Nara and Kobe since my friend mentioned Osaka can clear in 2 days. Can clear Nara and Kobe in a day each on a relax pace?

I would like to goto USJ, its aquarium as well as seeing its halloween in dontonbori and shinsaibash:(

i have booked kyoto accomodation, just that i need to firm up osaka brief schedule whether to book a hostel for the entire stay in Osaka or not.

Day 1.
reached in late morning at KIX, hoot ICOCA & HARUKA and data card, goto kyoto bookin

Day 2 - 6 kyoto

book out from kyoto and bookin osaka

Day 7
rest up, on light sightseeing

Day 8
marathon

Day 9
rest day in case too shag after the event :(

Day 10 - 14 ??

Day 15
buying last min souvenirs and explore missed location

Day 16
depart in late morning

Last edited:

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well I can suggest going to Himeji. Since your legs are beat, I also suggest you go to Kinosaki Onsen and have a day just soaking in the water. You should feel much better. Or Wakayama's shirohama Onsen is also a good bet.

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx mate, i would like to ask how to improve schedule especially day 2-6 in kyoto and day 10-15.

I am thinking to go to Nara and Kobe since my friend mentioned Osaka can clear in 2 days. Can clear Nara and Kobe in a day each on a relax pace?

I would like to goto USJ, its aquarium as well as seeing its halloween in dontonbori and shinsaibash:(

i have booked kyoto accomodation, just that i need to firm up osaka brief schedule whether to book a hostel for the entire stay in Osaka or not.

Day 1.
reached in late morning at KIX, hoot ICOCA & HARUKA and data card, goto kyoto bookin

Day 2 - 6 kyoto

Day 7

Day 8
marathon

Day 9

Day 10 - 14 ??

Day 15

Day 16
depart in late morning

Buy a costume and go to Amemura or Dotonbori on the 31st Oct. Bath in their Halloween. You will see almost everyone in costume.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Day 1.

Day 2 - 6 kyoto

Day 7

Day 8
marathon

Day 9

Day 10 - 14 ??

Day 15

Day 16
depart in late morning

since u have 16 days, u can go beyond the usual kyoto, osaka, nara kobe.
u can get the Kansai Wide pass to cover places like kinosaki onsen, amanohashidate, and kumano region in wakayama prefecture.
or can also consider going beyond kansai, maybe a few days for hiroshima

Reaction score
since u have 16 days, u can go beyond the usual kyoto, osaka, nara kobe.
u can get the Kansai Wide pass to cover places like kinosaki onsen, amanohashidate, and kumano region in wakayama prefecture.
or can also consider going beyond kansai, maybe a few days for hiroshima

i just scare cant cover the areas with the pass which only have 5 days validity:(

http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/#ticketsContent

http://jprail.com/sample-itineraries/1-day/day-trip-to-hiroshima-and-miyajima-from-osakakyoto.html

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score

Just got back from Japan.
I used Kansai Wide Area Pass to visit Kurashiki, Nara, Kobe, Himeji and Kyoto.
One day for one place.
Naturally, we did not cover EVERYTHING but it was nice to visit some of the landmarks.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u cant cover all the places i have listed. have to decide which ones u want to go to.
for example, u can use the kansai-hiroshima pass to visit hiroshima, miyajima, okayama and kurashiki. or use kansai wide to visit kinosaki, okayama and kurshiki. or spend all 5 days in kumano region

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro,

I would like to ask your advice for my trip on Sept.

- Any recommendation for Ryokan and Kaiseki dinner experience in Kyoto for 1 day?
- Can recommend me hotel at osaka area, preferably close to city center area. My budget is around $ 150-200 per night.
- Any interesting place to visit at Osaka for 2 days?

Thanks in advance:)

normalperson

Reaction score
If I want to travel from osaka to tokyo to hokkaido.
What is the best (fast/comfortable) way to do it?
What is the cheapest way to do it?

Reaction score
Buy a costume and go to Amemura or Dotonbori on the 31st Oct. Bath in their Halloween. You will see almost everyone in costume.
R the costumes expensive? Where is the good place to hoot?
Just got back from Japan.
I used Kansai Wide Area Pass to visit Kurashiki, Nara, Kobe, Himeji and Kyoto.
One day for one place.
Naturally, we did not cover EVERYTHING but it was nice to visit some of the landmarks.
Thanks. Gonna use it as reference
u cant cover all the places i have listed. have to decide which ones u want to go to.
for example, u can use the kansai-hiroshima pass to visit hiroshima, miyajima, okayama and kurashiki. or use kansai wide to visit kinosaki, okayama and kurshiki. or spend all 5 days in kumano region
Thanks man, ps keep bugging u :(

Sent from a poor fugly buibui loser using GAGT

gambitgoh

Reaction score
hi my family are vegetarian is it convenient to get vegetarian on the jr train for tokyo to sapporo?

kippei

Reaction score
Hi All,

when they says the car comes with "The notation of GPS is only Japanese but the sound guidance in English."

is it hard to navigate with the GPS?.. Am renting from https://www.jrh-rentacar.com/

Is it the same for most of the car rental companies?

Satki General

Reaction score
Hi All,

when they says the car comes with "The notation of GPS is only Japanese but the sound guidance in English."

is it hard to navigate with the GPS?.. Am renting from https://www.jrh-rentacar.com/

Key is to get the mapcode of the place you want to go (believe all car rental firms should give u a sheet of paper with the codes of popular destinations). I rented from Toyota-rent a car previously, very easy to drive around in Hokkaido (except maybe in Sapporo during rush hour). Navigating also quite easy cos you usually just follow main expressway.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

GPS menu is usually in japanese. but it is still ok even if u dunno any jap. just get the rental company stuff to show u how to enter the destination.
sound is in english, meaning the the GPS will tell u to "turn left", "turn right" in english.

GPS is easy to use. just need to find the mapcode or telephone number of the place u are going. japanese gps can use tel no. to identify location.

thesal

Reaction score
Hi all,

Where can I buy Yukata? Going to the following places next month.

Hiroshima
Okayama
Kurashiki
Osaka

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
R the costumes expensive? Where is the good place to hoot?
The price depends on what kind of costume you want. Average around 50-80 bucks can get something decent. On the actual day you can also visit Tokyu Hand cos they got people stationed there to do Halloween makeup. Cost around 20bucks or so if i am not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.