Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesal

Reaction score
Is it possible to see autumn colours in Kyoto and snow at Shirakawago in a 9 day trip?

Thinking of late Nov/ early Dec

pr0dygi

Reaction score
Going Japan in October for 10 days :)

Landing in Osaka. Planning to visit Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kobe.

What is the train pass i shud get?

What sequence do you rec for me to travel? Currently Osaka(3) -> Kobe(1) -> Kyoto(3) -> Nara(1) -> Osaka (1).

Do you rec me staying in 1 place (airbnb/osaka) or keep changing my stay as to where im visiting?
Which area would you rec in Osaka and Kyoto?
Also, any Onsen/Ryokan rec?

Me n my wife are foodies! Any place to rec as per our destination? Lets keep it below $30 pax(cheaper the better of course).
Budget Michelin places welcomed! =)

Much thanks!

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going Japan in October for 10 days :)

Landing in Osaka. Planning to visit Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Kobe.

What is the train pass i shud get?

What sequence do you rec for me to travel? Currently Osaka(3) -> Kobe(1) -> Kyoto(3) -> Nara(1) -> Osaka (1).

Do you rec me staying in 1 place (airbnb/osaka) or keep changing my stay as to where im visiting?

Me n my wife are foodies! Any place to rec as per our destination? Lets keep it below $50 pax(cheaper the better of course). Budget Michelin places welcomed! =)

Much thanks!

u can get 1-day Osaka pass which includes trains and discounts for some attractions. and also 1-day bus pass for getting ard Kyoto.
if u are planning to travel to Himeji, u shld get the JR Kansai area pass.

staying in 1 place is ok because the places u are going are all quite near. it is only 30min from Osaka to Kyoto, and 50min from Osaka to Nara. avoid the time and hassle of changing hotels.

salmonbelly

Reaction score
Confused with one of my fares search on hyperdia.

I intend to take shinkansen Nozomi from Nagoya to Shin-Osaka before switching to a short ride to Osaka station where by hotel is. (not buying Kintetsu pass because it's slower and further)

When I search for Nagoya to Osaka on hyperdia, it shows a total base fare of 3350yen + addition of 3210yen (reserved seat) for the shinkansen ride from Nagoya to Shin-Osaka plus a subsequent JR local train ride to Osaka from Shin-Osaka.

When I search for Nagoya to Shin-Osaka, it shows the same fare?

Does this mean that my JR local train ride is going to be free? When I buy the shinkansen tickets from the counter, should I tell them my destination is Shin-Osaka or Osaka then?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For shinkansen purposes, you can use the shinkansen ticket to exit in any station in Osaka city. It is the same thing in Tokyo where the shinkansen ticket allows you to exit anywhere along the yamanote line. These are known as specific city zones where fares are calculated from the main station.

gambitgoh

Reaction score
hi anyone here visited himeji castle? does it take half a day to tour there? other then the castle anymore place to visit near there? thanks

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi anyone here visited himeji castle? does it take half a day to tour there? other then the castle anymore place to visit near there? thanks

planning to do mt shosha together. otherwise, you can do himeji (morning - early afternoon) + kobe (late afternoon - evenng).

Kiwikleen

Reaction score
Hi, im heading to Osaka in less than a month's time and here's my rough outline.

Day 1: arrive osaka, osaka.
Day 2: osaka - kyoto - osaka.
Day 3: osaka - nara - osaka.
Day 4: osaka - himeji - osaka.
Day 5: osaka - kobe - osaka.
Day 6: osaka
Day 7: osaka
Day 8: osaka, depart osaka.

Is that one too many days in osaka? Any more recommended places to visit? I like nature/scenery. (Short hikes:)) But I've booked all 7 nights in osaka so day trips are appreciated.

Also, can the icoca card cover all transpprtation to those cities and within them? I have the card.

tia!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, im heading to Osaka in less than a month's time and here's my rough outline.

Is that one too many days in osaka? Any more recommended places to visit? I like nature/scenery. (Short hikes:)) But I've booked all 7 nights in osaka so day trips are appreciated.

Also, can the icoca card cover all transpprtation to those cities and within them? I have the card.

tia!

2 full days for Osaka? probably just nice. make use of this pass:
https://www.osaka-info.jp/osp/en/index.html

I was researching on this last time:
http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/facilities/cat37/chihaya-akasaka-mura.html

Seem quite an interesting place to spend your day

Last edited:

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tia!

If you are into hiking and have the gear, you can take a look at this article that recommends some of the more popular day hikes in Kansai.

http://matome.naver.jp/m/odai/2142085392057980401

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tia!

u probably can have more days for Kyoto. but tt is provided u are into temples and shrines. good thing is that u are staying throughout in Osaka, so u have the flexibility to change ur plan and decide which place u want to spend more time while u are there.

for short hike, the most accessible one is probably the fushimi inari one where u hike through the countless torii gates up the small hill and ending in tofukuji one station away

mngedo

Reaction score
Hi there,

I need help please. I am looking at the airport bus timetable (from ITX)
http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/itm/t_osa.html and there are some timings which indicated a "arrow". What does this means?

For example i would like to take the 20:19 bus to Osaka Marubiru (Osaka Daiichi Hotel) but no arrival timing was indicated. Is it because the bus is not stopping at this station?

Anyone know? thank you!!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I need help please. I am looking at the airport bus timetable (from ITX)
http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/itm/t_osa.html and there are some timings which indicated a "arrow". What does this means?

For example i would like to take the 20:19 bus to Osaka Marubiru (Osaka Daiichi Hotel) but no arrival timing was indicated. Is it because the bus is not stopping at this station?

Anyone know? thank you!!

yah, arrow usually means the bus will bypass the stop.
I could be wrong though. maybe u can try checking their Japanese page if u can read jap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.