Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eevee11

Reaction score
1. romance car is the name of the limited express train to hakone. as with other train, just follow the signs to the correct platform for the train.
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/romancecar/

2. certain area is current closed due to seismic activities. for the other places, u can calculate and see if getting the hakone free pass is worth it
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html#section_whatToSee

ur itinerary looks a bit packed on some days.
18 sep: by the time u clear customs, get to Tokyo and check-in hotel, it is probably dinner time. so u dun have much time to explore so many places. just stick to ur hotel area
21 sep: mt Fuji and hakone within a day is too rush. either stay a night at hakone, or just skip mt Fuji. hakone will give u a good view of mt Fuji already.
23 sep: if ur flight is at 3pm, u will need to leave for airport before noon coz it takes about 1hr to get from Tokyo to narita. u wun have time to go akiba and odaiba. shops in akiba usually opens only at 11am, so u cant go too early also.

Oh my departure flight is at 6pm hence probably gotta leave for airport abt 2plus.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is tokyo relatively still safe now to travel with the earthquake yest?

Japan got so many earthquakes one (It is normal)

The one today is considered weak earthquake. I experience several earthquakes in the past before. it is fairly common.

eevee11

Reaction score
Japan got so many earthquakes one (It is normal)

The one today is considered weak earthquake. I experience several earthquakes in the past before. it is fairly common.

Thanks for the assurance.
I know September is considered raining season. Which are the places i shld forget abt going? Or it shld be all indoor activities?

Also, anyone know how to go to the yokohama nissin cup museum from jr yoyogi?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know September is considered raining season. Which are the places i shld forget abt going? Or it shld be all indoor activities?

No, September is not rainy season. Rainy season typically start June and end in first half of July.

Now is the typhoon season so u get some rain, maybe 40%.
everywhere can go just bring umbrella and get some waterproof shoes for walking

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How to get to the museum
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3212.html

The easiest is to take to Shibuya from Yoyogi(140Y) and then take the Tokyu Toyoko/Minatomirai Line Ltd. Exp for 450Yen to Minatomirai Stn

Use Hyperdia tyo work out the cost and suggested trains to take
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/s...h_target=route&facility=reserved&sum_target=7

acertey

Reaction score

Thanks Bro,

CO still persistent in going to one of the 5 lakes under mount fuji just to be assure of a look of what it looks like. Wanted to check on the following:

If 1 day go to Kyoto, what would be recommended for things to see?
Was thinking Fuji Inari Shrine, Nishiki Market, Manga Mueseum,

And for going to 5 Lakes of Fuji, would be there for about 2 nights, thinking it's a bit too much... Any advise on places to stay? Was thinking to stay in a hotel, and just go for onsen as a seperate thing to other locations in order to see mount fuji...

Updated Plan...
5-Dec Keio Plaza, going nearby for food and observation tower
6-Dec Move on to Disneyland Sea
7-Dec Disney Land
8-Dec Disney Land/ Sea
9-Dec Move on to Osaka, straight to Universal Studio
10-Dec 2nd Day in universal Studio
11-Dec Planning to travel to Kyoto, wonder if got any recommendations on what to see for just a day?
12-Dec Moving on to Fuji 5 Lakes,
13-Dec Stay in Fuji 5 Lakes
14-Dec Tokyo, Odaibai
15-Dec Tokyo, TBD
16-Dec Tokyo, TBD
17-Dec Tokyo, TBD
18-Dec Tokyo check out and home sweet home...

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bro,

CO still persistent in going to one of the 5 lakes under mount fuji just to be assure of a look of what it looks like. Wanted to check on the following:

And for going to 5 Lakes of Fuji, would be there for about 2 nights, thinking it's a bit too much... Any advise on places to stay? Was thinking to stay in a hotel, and just go for onsen as a seperate thing to other locations in order to see mount fuji...

Updated Plan...
7-Dec Disney Land
8-Dec Disney Land/ Sea
11-Dec Planning to travel to Kyoto, wonder if got any recommendations on what to see for just a day?
14-Dec Tokyo, Odaibai
15-Dec Tokyo, TBD
16-Dec Tokyo, TBD
17-Dec Tokyo, TBD

Kyoto: you can try Fushimi Inari, Kiyomizudera and Gion. =)

For Fuji 5 lakes, i think 1 night should be enough.
You can look at this site, translate it via Google and see if any of these fit you. =)

http://www.jalan.net/uw/uwp2011/uww...d=7701&screenId=FWPCTOP&image1.x=0&image1.y=0

slowchemical

Reaction score
Any expert can tell me where is the exact place from the pic below ?

21527915780a7e28adad5dc88e6c172aa8e03a0a.jpg

Much appreciated.:)

layang89

Reaction score
Thanks Bro,

Updated Plan...
7-Dec Disney Land
8-Dec Disney Land/ Sea
14-Dec Tokyo, Odaibai
15-Dec Tokyo, TBD
16-Dec Tokyo, TBD
17-Dec Tokyo, TBD
Hi

Just to share that i will also be staying 2 nights at 5 lakes in Nov, mainly because i heard that the view of Mt Fuji is dependent on weather ...

desire777

Reaction score
Heading to Tokyo soon, where can I purchase transformer Masterpiece (MP) version ? Google it and didn't get any shops.

acertey

Reaction score
Kyoto: you can try Fushimi Inari, Kiyomizudera and Gion. =)

For Fuji 5 lakes, i think 1 night should be enough.
You can look at this site, translate it via Google and see if any of these fit you. =)

http://www.jalan.net/uw/uwp2011/uww...d=7701&screenId=FWPCTOP&image1.x=0&image1.y=0

Thanks Bro,

Very informative, was looking at this:

http://www.jalan.net/ui/uip3100/uiw...SD&langCd=en_US&screenId=UIW3001&yadNo=308666

Can i also check, what's best way to get from Osaka to Mount Fuji Area?

http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/ryokan-kasuitei-ohya/hotel/mount-fuji-jp.html

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bro,

Very informative, was looking at this:

http://www.jalan.net/ui/uip3100/uiw...SD&langCd=en_US&screenId=UIW3001&yadNo=308666

Can i also check, what's best way to get from Osaka to Mount Fuji Area?

http://www.agoda.com/en-sg/ryokan-kasuitei-ohya/hotel/mount-fuji-jp.html

Have bus
http://www.kintetsu-bus.co.jp/highway/routelist/route_detail.php?no=14 one way 6700yen

21:35 depart, arrive at Kawaguchigo at 08:32, good price and timing, provided you can sleep in a coach.

Last edited:

dizzyd3280

Reaction score
Hi, I have sort of come out with itinerary for upcoming tokyo trip. Will be going as family and bring 4 yr old along. Can u pls comment on the itenirary if anything can be improved or whether it is feasible.

Will be in Japan from Nov 17-27.
Staying in Ueno for first 2 days.

Day 1(Tues): Tsukiji, Ginza (takeshita dori, toy park), Tokyo Station.
Day 2 (Wed): Asakusa, Tokyo Skytree, Ameyoko (could not find the opening calendar, any kind soul advised if it opens on Wed?), Akihabara.

Staying in Shinjuku

Day 3 (Thurs): Shinjuku (dept store and Tokyo Govt Metropolitan)
Day 4 (Fri): Fujiko F. fujio museum, Cupnoodles Museum, Shibuya.
Day 5 (Sat): Shinjuku Gyoen, Roppongi, Harajuku, Odaiba.
Day 6 (Sun): Hakone. Visit open air museum and sightseeing. Overnight here.
Day 7 (Mon): Hakone and back to Shinjuku in the evening.
Day 8 (Tues): Sanrio Puroland/Ghibli (either one) and Ikebukuro at night

Staying near Disney area.
Day 9 (Wed): Disneysea
Day 10 (Thurs): Disneyland
Day 11 (Fri): no plan yet. Taking 9PM flight back.

Qns:
Does anyone took the bus from Shinjuku station to Tokyo disney? Would like to check if i am able to bring the luggages with me when taking this bus. I am hoping this is similar to those airport limo... I heard if we take train, the transfer in Tyo station is superrrr long walk....will be gg with kids, so apppreciate if any suggestion on the economical yet a more convenient way to reach Disneyland

Also, on my last day in Tokyo, as my flight is at night, thinking if anythng worth to check out nearby the Disney area.....

Apppreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Last edited:

joeson

Reaction score
Kanto Area Pass

Will be getting the Kanto Area pass and going to Kusatsu onsen. A question, from Kusatsu Bus Terminal to Karuizawa, there's a bus service, stopping by Shiraito Falls and Onioshidashi Park. Is this bus service a hop-on, hop-off kind? Or a per trip kind?

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
Hello!

I am going to Tokyo in Nov this year and am planning my trip now. I am intending to travel from Tokyo to Osaka or Kyoto via Shinkansen.

I was wondering if you have heard of the puratto Kodama Train ticket which is cheaper as I have read online. Although the price of it seems comparable to a 7day JR pass.

Do you have any recommendations? Are there any tickets which
I can purchase to go and return on a later date?

Thank you very much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.