Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to visit Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park (ひがしもこと芝桜公園) next year but this place seems to be in a ulu place. I don't want to travel all the way out there then back again. Is there some nearby places of interest I can visit together with it? 1-2hr travelling time between destinations is ok.

will u be driving? where will u be travelling from?
maybe u can visit lake akan which is not too far off. or go shiretoko, but that is further and will be better if u have another day or more

boopit

Reaction score
thanks evilerniex, this is kinda good news. I agree weather is crazy, went Osaka in Aug tio heatwave hai

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Visiting osaka next year feb with wife.

Is Universal studio osaka worth to go? My wife is not those thrill seeker. Don't dare to ride our USS mummy or galactica. Dreamworld giant drop. Tower of terror etc. However she enjoyed our uss transformer ride.

Any ideas how the crowds over there in feb? Queuing time for the popular ride? I went to tokyo disney sea during winter too and the it was still packed even it wss off peak season.

hgkiaboon

Reaction score
Visiting osaka next year feb with wife.

Is Universal studio osaka worth to go? My wife is not those thrill seeker. Don't dare to ride our USS mummy or galactica. Dreamworld giant drop. Tower of terror etc. However she enjoyed our uss transformer ride.

Any ideas how the crowds over there in feb? Queuing time for the popular ride? I went to tokyo disney sea during winter too and the it was still packed even it wss off peak season.

without express pass? 2hours+. the weather wont be hot though so queuing wont be as much of a bitch. as for worth or not if you're a fan of harry potter go in for a look-see lor.

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Please recommend good onsen places around or near Tokyo. Did some research but I would love to hear experience from you guys :o Better if got mix gender one

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Please recommend good onsen places around or near Tokyo. Did some research but I would love to hear experience from you guys :o Better if got mix gender one

Lol this should be a FAQ on this forum.

Most mixed gender onsens can only be found in more remote areas, where either it is part of the tradition of that place and the owners are keeping it that way, or that it is a wild onsen.

And next, for guys hoping to see young pretty naked ladies at these onsen, you will be disappointed. If there are any female daring to be using these mixed pools, 99% of the time it will be some very old but still very pretty ladies... Or let's call them grandmothers.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
without express pass? 2hours+. the weather wont be hot though so queuing wont be as much of a bitch. as for worth or not if you're a fan of harry potter go in for a look-see lor.

Oh thank. That y I always enjoy travelling during the winter although the day is short.

What I read is harry porter quite amazing over there. But then I m not a fan .

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, anyone got any recommendation on good onsen that has private room and near or in tokyo? can the private room be shared with my girlfriend? what is the cost of booking such a room

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, anyone got any recommendation on good onsen that has private room and near or in tokyo? can the private room be shared with my girlfriend? what is the cost of booking such a room
private room?

u mean private onsen??? well you can use it as you like afaik

dehui87

Reaction score
Hihi.. I understand Japan has luggage delivery. Anyone has any idea whether we can arrange for delivery from their Tokyo Service counter and arrange for self collection at their osaka service counter? TIA..

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually ryokans have

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will u be driving? where will u be travelling from?
maybe u can visit lake akan which is not too far off. or go shiretoko, but that is further and will be better if u have another day or more

Shiretoko, as in Shiretoko National Park? Still in my planning stage so not sure where I will be coming in from, but most probably coming from Asahikawa or Sounkyo. Unfortunately my driver does not want to do self drive so the next best thing for us is a customised tour.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi.. I understand Japan has luggage delivery. Anyone has any idea whether we can arrange for delivery from their Tokyo Service counter and arrange for self collection at their osaka service counter? TIA..

usually will deliver to hotel. price is the same.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes private onsen that is only for a few hours near tokyo
there are two kinds of these

some ryokans only have public baths

some have family or couple baths, which you can book to use for short duration for a fee.

The most premium one will be attached baths that have onsen water piped to it.

I suggest checking out Hakone, Nikko or Kinukagawa. Availability and pricing is going to vary. I like these kind of ryokan since they provide dinner and breakfast. Check in, go sightseeing, go back onsen and eat... then wake up a little earlier and go have a morning bath in the onsen for good measure before breakfast

:s12: songdah :s12:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.