Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shiretoko, as in Shiretoko National Park? Still in my planning stage so not sure where I will be coming in from, but most probably coming from Asahikawa or Sounkyo. Unfortunately my driver does not want to do self drive so the next best thing for us is a customised tour.

yah, shiretoko national park.
customised tour means transport catered for, guided tour? maybe u can ask the agency for recommend itineraries that covers shibazakura park

3xistanc3

Reaction score
Japan during New Year

I am visiting Kansai region from the 28 Dec to 2 Jan. I've read that most of the places will be closed and travelling will be a pain.

Any recommendation on what is there to do during new year?

Thanks in advanced!

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where can I make reservations for the shinkansen for nagoya and kyoto from Tokyo area??

Can't seems to find the website to make the reservation when i have the JR pass.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where can I make reservations for the shinkansen for nagoya and kyoto from Tokyo area??

Can't seems to find the website to make the reservation when i have the JR pass.

If you have the JR Pass, you can go make your reservations at any JR ticket window.

If you are still in SG, then you do not have the JR Pass. You just have an exchange coupon for the JR Pass. The real JR Pass can only be received in Japan.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am visiting Kansai region from the 28 Dec to 2 Jan. I've read that most of the places will be closed and travelling will be a pain.

Any recommendation on what is there to do during new year?

Thanks in advanced!

I am pretty sure most trains and buses are still running. You can go anywhere up to new years eve.

On New Years Day, you can go visit a temple. And maybe take a walk around the countryside. On the 2nd day, most of the big shops will be open.

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have the JR Pass, you can go make your reservations at any JR ticket window.

If you are still in SG, then you do not have the JR Pass. You just have an exchange coupon for the JR Pass. The real JR Pass can only be received in Japan.

I read somewhere that I can make reservations in advance even though i am singapore.

No??

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that I can make reservations in advance even though i am singapore.

No??

Currently only limited to travel on the JR East line, i.e. from Tokyo area to Tohoku and Kanto regions only.

sunburnt13

Reaction score
I will be arriving my hotel, Hyatt Regency tokyo at 11pm on next Wednesday night. I was wondering if there is any mobile food trucks (ramen) or food recommendation that is nearby (walking distance 10-15mins) and opened at that time. Please advise...

macluver

Reaction score
JR Pass

Hi all,

Need some help here. Am gg to Osaka (2 days) -> Kyoto (1 or 2 days) -> Tokyo (5 or 6 days) end of the month. Been to Tokyo quite a few times. Now try to explore Osaka and Kyoto. Fly to Kansai and depart Narita.

Have read up on japan-guide.com about JR pass. Was wondering if its worth to get the JR Pass ($330 per pax) if:

1. taking train from kansai airport to Osaka stn.
2. Osaka stn to Universal Studio
3. shinkansen from Osaka to Kyoto
4. travel in Kyoto
5. shinkansen from Kyoto to Tokyo.
6. city travel in Tokyo.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Need some help here. Am gg to Osaka (2 days) -> Kyoto (1 or 2 days) -> Tokyo (5 or 6 days) end of the month. Been to Tokyo quite a few times. Now try to explore Osaka and Kyoto. Fly to Kansai and depart Narita.

Have read up on japan-guide.com about JR pass. Was wondering if its worth to get the JR Pass ($330 per pax) if:

1. taking train from kansai airport to Osaka stn.
2. Osaka stn to Universal Studio
3. shinkansen from Osaka to Kyoto
4. travel in Kyoto
5. shinkansen from Kyoto to Tokyo.
6. city travel in Tokyo.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

nope, will not worth it to get JR pass since u are travelling only one way from Kyoto to Tokyo, which is about 14k yen compared to JR pass which cost 29k yen.
u dun really need to take shinkansen between Osaka and Kyoto coz it is only about 30min by normal train which is a lot more frequent

macluver

Reaction score
Thanks Bro. So only Shinkansen from kyoto to tokyo will do right? any local travel pass to recommend in Osaka and Kyoto to recommend? Thanks so much.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bro. So only Shinkansen from kyoto to tokyo will do right? any local travel pass to recommend in Osaka and Kyoto to recommend? Thanks so much.

for Osaka, depending on where u are going, the Osaka amazing pass or the Osaka 1-day pass may be useful. otherwise just use SUICA or ICOCA store-value card to get around
for Kyoto, can get the 1-day bus pass for 500yen

BazookaTooth

Reaction score
I'm planning a 10 day trip to Japan next year in January. Looking to visit Nagano to try ski/snowboard there and then spend the last 2 or 3 days in tokyo. I plan to get the Tokyo wide area pass (not sure if it's worth it) and also need some help planning what to do in between after Nagano and before Tokyo. Running through the forum as well as the web gave me a million number of places to go but i could use some help to narrow down my itinerary. Perhaps a way to maximize the pass? or Recommended places?

happyko

Reaction score
Any recommendation for a day trip to visit near Tokyo during the 2nd week of Dec, just for the children to experience snow (not into ski)? Is Snow Monkey of Jigokudani a good option? Thanks in advance :)

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Arashiyama

from Tenryuji area, how do you guys get to Jojakkoji, Otagi Nenbutsuji etc? walking seems far and from google maps, seems like different buses to different temples. not sure which is the simplest route to take i.e. which temple to start with.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from Tenryuji area, how do you guys get to Jojakkoji, Otagi Nenbutsuji etc? walking seems far and from google maps, seems like different buses to different temples. not sure which is the simplest route to take i.e. which temple to start with.

send to me ur itinerary. i check for u.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

rent a bike. it helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.