Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah cool looking forward. Sushi I'm planning to go to the tsukiji outer market, itadori uogashisenryo. One of the bro here recommend on his blog also.

:( gotta zzzzzz soon, flight at 8am. Enjoy nippon!

Sent from using GAGT

AhhHoNG

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, i took bus 16 from sannomiya station to the cable car station
huh, but bus 16 departs hanshin mikage leh not sannomiya. Did you rmb wrongly? :s13: wanna ask did u take bus 16 bak from cable car station n go bak.

According to this, btm left bus 16 details they put timetable for weekends and public holiday. Confuse me only, weekday dont hav the bus?
http://feel-kobe.jp/_en/guidemap/data/rokko_en1.pdf

O i oso wanna ask if the bus on top of mount rokko(sanjo bus) still operates at night cos the info they give in the link avb quite confusing. Sry for the many questions. thanks!

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huh, but bus 16 departs hanshin mikage leh not sannomiya. Did you rmb wrongly? :s13: wanna ask did u take bus 16 bak from cable car station n go bak.

According to this, btm left bus 16 details they put timetable for weekends and public holiday. Confuse me only, weekday dont hav the bus?

O i oso wanna ask if the bus on top of mount rokko(sanjo bus) still operates at night cos the info they give in the link avb quite confusing. Sry for the many questions. thanks!

This is the bus schedule for service number 16

http://www.city.kobe.lg.jp/life/access/transport/bus/jikoku/basjikoku/000101.pdf

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my bad!! u are right. went and look at my old itinerary.. need to take hankyu line to rokko station first then take bus 16 :o

from ur link, it seems like the sanjo bus operates only until 4+pm for buses going to sancho ropeway, and till 7+pm for buses to garden terrace. think u need to look at their japanese website for detailed schedule

true form

Reaction score
Hi.

Just like to know if there's any service that you guys know for sending gifts in Japan, Tokyo?

I'm currently in SG, but would like to send a gift of chocolates/flowers/goodies etc to a person in Japan.

So my idea is to find a service there and inform them of the address to send, then pay by credit card here in SG.

Any reliable service you guys know of? Maybe some Christmas gifts? I think Rakuten is one of them. Got more ideas?

Thanks.

slurpie

Reaction score
Hey dimitri, can help to see if this schedule is doable without being rushed?

Day 1 - Check out of Toyko hotel and take shinkansen to Kyoto
Check into Ryokan near Kyoto Station
Visit Kiyomizu-dera
Visit Fushimi Inari
Dinner at Gion district

Day 2
Check out of ryokan 1
leave luggage at ryokan 2 (4 mins away)
Nishiki market for breakfast
Visit Ginkakuji
Visit Philosophers walk
Go to Nara park

Day 3
Visit Arashimaya
Visit Monkey park
Visit Tenryuji
Visit Kinkakuji (optional)
Kaiseki Dinner at Ryokan (Back at Ryokan at 6.30pm)

Not sure which day should i slot Nara & Kinkakuji.

AhhHoNG

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my bad!! u are right. went and look at my old itinerary.. need to take hankyu line to rokko station first then take bus 16 :o

from ur link, it seems like the sanjo bus operates only until 4+pm for buses going to sancho ropeway, and till 7+pm for buses to garden terrace. think u need to look at their japanese website for detailed schedule
Thanks! so if i wan to go bak from garden terrace, i have to leave b4 sunset?! how did u view ur night view that time without this bus? :s13: u went to garden terrace rite

socrates

Reaction score
This is my plan for upcoming trip to Osaka

23rd Nov: Arrive at Itami Osaka airport late in the evening on the 23rd of November and staying at near Nakatsu station which is 1 stop away from Osaka station.

24 th Nov: I plan to go Minoo park in the Osaka region. Not too sure what to do for other half of the day. Maybe retun back and visit Osaka castle. Open to suggestions

25th November: I plan to go to Kyoto (visit Arashiyama and Tofukuji) to see autumn leaves.

26th November: Plan to visit Nara for half a day and maybe Kyoto again to visit Nishiki market, Gion area etc .

27th November : I plan to spend my time at Dontoburi, namba area for shopping

28th November: I leave Osaka to go to lake Kawaguchiko

Should I get the Kansai thru pass 3 day pass from the 24th to 26th Nov. Is it most value for money?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is my plan for upcoming trip to Osaka

23rd Nov: Arrive at Itami Osaka airport late in the evening on the 23rd of November and staying at near Nakatsu station which is 1 stop away from Osaka station.

24 th Nov: I plan to go Minoo park in the Osaka region. Not too sure what to do for other half of the day. Maybe retun back and visit Osaka castle. Open to suggestions>>450x2+510x2

25th November: I plan to go to Kyoto (visit Arashiyama and Tofukuji) to see autumn leaves.>>>550x1, 210+500+550

26th November: Plan to visit Nara for half a day and maybe Kyoto again to visit Nishiki market, Gion area etc .

27th November : I plan to spend my time at Dontoburi, namba area for shopping

28th November: I leave Osaka to go to lake Kawaguchiko

Should I get the Kansai thru pass 3 day pass from the 24th to 26th Nov. Is it most value for money?
i did a rough check on some simulated rides for destinations you mentioned. Not seems to worth it. And sometime you have to spend more time on non JR trains due to the pass. You can use Hyperdia to check. Uncheck JR search flag.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! so if i wan to go bak from garden terrace, i have to leave b4 sunset?! how did u view ur night view that time without this bus? :s13: u went to garden terrace rite

nope, i viewed from the area near the ropeway station. didnt take the bus

socrates

Reaction score
i did a rough check on some simulated rides for destinations you mentioned. Not seems to worth it. And sometime you have to spend more time on non JR trains due to the pass. You can use Hyperdia to check. Uncheck JR search flag.

Thanks CPuer.

socrates

Reaction score
If I am travelling from Umeda in Osaka to visit Arashiyama

According to google map I take the train from Hankyu-Umeda Station on the Hankyu-Kyoto Line特急towards Kawaramachi for 6 stops then at katsura station I take the Hankyu-Arashiyama Line各停towards Arashiyama for 2 stops. The total fare calculated by is 400Y.

May I ask how do I purchase tickets from the ticketing machine at Hankyu Umeda. Would there be an option on the machine for me to choose Arashiyama station from the ticketing machine and pay 400Y for the ticket. Or would I have to purchase a ticket to Katsura station then come down and purchase another ticket from the machine at Katsura to Arashiyama station.

Learning how to get around thanks.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I am travelling from Umeda in Osaka to visit Arashiyama

According to google map I take the train from Hankyu-Umeda Station on the Hankyu-Kyoto Line特急towards Kawaramachi for 6 stops then at katsura station I take the Hankyu-Arashiyama Line各停towards Arashiyama for 2 stops. The total fare calculated by is 400Y.

May I ask how do I purchase tickets from the ticketing machine at Hankyu Umeda. Would there be an option on the machine for me to choose Arashiyama station from the ticketing machine and pay 400Y for the ticket. Or would I have to purchase a ticket to Katsura station then come down and purchase another ticket from the machine at Katsura to Arashiyama station.

Learning how to get around thanks.
From Hyperdia, you see that it's 400 Yen one fare. So it means that you paid once and it covers all these stops.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/s...h_target=route&facility=reserved&sum_target=7
At Umeda stn you should see the gigantic fareboard above the tix machines showing Arashiyama hanktyu stn and its corresponding fare.

I cannot recall how their machine interface like, if they list all the stns u just chose arashiyama as your destination. Or simple ones is just a matter of choosing values.

More infor at hankyu web site
http://www.hankyu.co.jp/en/route_info02.html

If you intend to use hankyu extensively, get their day passes
http://www.hankyu.co.jp/en/economical.html

Last edited:

socrates

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. Can the hankyu 1 day pass be used to access other places in kyoto like Nishiki market, Kyoto Imperial palace etc?

socrates

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. So it would be worth the hanku pass if I use it to visit arashiyama in the morning then go to Nishiki market before going back to umeda.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. So it would be worth the hanku pass if I use it to visit arashiyama in the morning then go to Nishiki market before going back to umeda.
yes, if these are what you wanted to visit. If you want to visit Palace still, you can always take their buses at 210 per ride. Unlimited 1 day pass is at 500. But if its just simply from kawaramachi to palace and return just pay the 210 per ride is still cheaper, considering your palace visit is at the later part of the day. take note of the early sun set too. Also Nishiki market doesn't open till late, it was closing when I visited it last time at around 5+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.