Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluestone27

Reaction score
hi guys! does the Tokyo Metro & Toei Subway Line cover most places and tourist attractions? If so, I am planning to get 3 x 3 days Tokyo subway ticket for my 10 days trip to reduce spending on travelling.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most are along jr Yamanote line. Some are along metro, like Roppongi, Tsukuji etc

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If so, should I get the 3 days pass or just get suica instead? I want to save as much as possible for the travelling =:p

My opinion is SUICA is most versatile. If you must use passes, better get those 1 or 2 days ones. Then that 1 or 2 days keep cheionging the metro friendly sights. 3 days seems long and unnecessary limiting to me, IMO.

GoToSea

Reaction score
hi guys! does the Tokyo Metro & Toei Subway Line cover most places and tourist attractions? If so, I am planning to get 3 x 3 days Tokyo subway ticket for my 10 days trip to reduce spending on travelling.

odaiba (yurikamome line), tsukuba express and jr lines not covered by subway pass.

gundamhamtaro

Reaction score

This will completely depend on where you plan to go. subway can go places like Tsukiji market, Asakusa and Skytree, but cant go to places like Odaiba and Nakano broadway.

Which places do you plan to go?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For odaiba (yurikamome line) suggest taking the day pass as can hop and down. The line is expensive. 3 rides and get moneys worth. Odaiba is huge and distance between can quite far to walk.

For recent trip (returned yesterday) I used pasmo. Travelled on mainly on yamanote with a few trips on metro and buses.

Iirc per pax I spent around 5k yen including airport transfers and odaiba.

Last edited:

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ooh thanks...

im rly hoping i can book, i'm not sure if it's too late to book for early march

my renewed passport hasn't arrived yet, probably next week

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ooh thanks...

you just have to search them harder and maybe accept higher price or not as close to where you want

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ooh thanks...

You mean your airticket? I booked with ana before renewing my passport. I updated passport details later.

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
air tix not rly problem yet

is accommodation for me right now... not sure if gg alone or not. if not alone, will ask friend pool for airbnb

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to get sim card in japan? We thinking get 2 sim cards so can communicate using 2 phones.

My Airbnb host says he has a portable wifi so we dont need data.

salokin

Reaction score
Sending Luggage from/to Hotels using TA-Q-BIN

Just like to ask, anybody use TA-Q-BIN to sent their luggage from one hotel to another within Japan before? How is the service like? I am thinking of using their service to send my luggage from Osaka to Hakodate during my trip next Feb.
TIA.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just like to ask, anybody use TA-Q-BIN to sent their luggage from one hotel to another within Japan before? How is the service like? I am thinking of using their service to send my luggage from Osaka to Hakodate during my trip next Feb.
TIA.

yup, used before.
just ask ur hotel to arrange for u. note that it is overnight service, and u need to send it by a certain time in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.