Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylanchang

Reaction score
Buffet Shabu Shabu in Osaka / Tokyo

Hi everyone,

Would very much appreciate if any good & reasonable buffe Shabu Shabu in Osaka & Tokyo as well? Will be going to these 2 cities in January 2016.

Thank you.

c1steady

Reaction score
JR pass

When i look up hypedia, i notice that the train fare consisit of both base fare & seat fee.

Does the JR pass cover both base fare & seat fee or only base fare ( i.e. I have to pay additonal for seat fee even I have JR pass) ?

bluestone27

Reaction score
This will completely depend on where you plan to go. subway can go places like Tsukiji market, Asakusa and Skytree, but cant go to places like Odaiba and Nakano broadway.

Which places do you plan to go?

Will be planning to go popular places like roppongi, akihabara, shrine, museum etc. Haven't really decide other places to go yet.

salokin

Reaction score
When i look up hypedia, i notice that the train fare consisit of both base fare & seat fee.

Does the JR pass cover both base fare & seat fee or only base fare ( i.e. I have to pay additonal for seat fee even I have JR pass) ?

Ordinary JR Pass covers both base fare & seat fee (reserved / free seating) but not for Green cars.

gundamhamtaro

Reaction score
Will be planning to go popular places like roppongi, akihabara, shrine, museum etc. Haven't really decide other places to go yet.

Subway can be used to go to roppongi (no JR stations here) and akihabara. Shrine and museum..........depends on which shrines and museums you are thinking about.

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
****zo
There's one at Shinjuku but be there early

Hi everyone,

Would very much appreciate if any good & reasonable buffe Shabu Shabu in Osaka & Tokyo as well? Will be going to these 2 cities in January 2016.

Thank you.

klavier

Reaction score
Would like to know what is the actual temperature if I were to visit Tokyo - Kyoto area towards end May? Say 20-31 May?
I saw weather sites listing the average temperature as around 18-25 deg C.. is that correct? Is end May period generally a good time to visit Japan?

I am rather turned off by hot weather during holidays but that is the only period I am able to travel so wanted to check with people who are familiar rather than looking at websites..

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also want to know. Going end of March. First time going to a cold country.
What kind of clothing should I wear ?

Tokyo only? As already mentioned uniqlo heattech.

Scared of cold? May need covering for your head and ears. Windproof gloves.

Bring lip balm and moisturisers.

Monitor the weather for more appropriate clothing.

http://m.accuweather.com/en/jp/tokyo/226396/march-weather/226396

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u will probably need a jacket coz the night time temp can go below 10. preferably one that is windproof coz wind-chill contributes a lot to the coldness.
I am quite scared of cold, so for below 10, I will use my uniqlo ultralight down.

Spintronics

Reaction score
Would like to know what is the actual temperature if I were to visit Tokyo - Kyoto area towards end May? Say 20-31 May?
I saw weather sites listing the average temperature as around 18-25 deg C.. is that correct? Is end May period generally a good time to visit Japan?

I am rather turned off by hot weather during holidays but that is the only period I am able to travel so wanted to check with people who are familiar rather than looking at websites..

I've been there during this period. Day time it's quite hot and you'll just need short-sleeve. The winds can be quite cooling in the shade but overall, it feels like around 30 deg. Night-time is warm and chilly depending on wind. For those who can't stand, you probably need a light jacket. I don't think it goes below 20 deg unless you wander around at 2-3am.

klavier

Reaction score
I've been there during this period. Day time it's quite hot and you'll just need short-sleeve. The winds can be quite cooling in the shade but overall, it feels like around 30 deg. Night-time is warm and chilly depending on wind. For those who can't stand, you probably need a light jacket. I don't think it goes below 20 deg unless you wander around at 2-3am.

Thanks. I wanted to know because when I was in Europe end May this year, while the official temp is 25deg during the afternoons, it really felt like 35deg? It definitely felt hotter than sg perhaps due to the humidity and lack of cloud cover... 30 deg still ok but 35 deg type is a big nono..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.