Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spintronics

Reaction score
Thanks. I wanted to know because when I was in Europe end May this year, while the official temp is 25deg during the afternoons, it really felt like 35deg? It definitely felt hotter than sg perhaps due to the humidity and lack of cloud cover... 30 deg still ok but 35 deg type is a big nono..

There were a couple of days where it feels like 34-35 with insects flying around. Still, you may need to wear shoes and jeans/trousers out of respect for the temple visits.

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious,what time do the shops at narita airport open? Was planning to do some shopping for food there before my morning flight at 11plus am..

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
I would like to purchase JR wide area kansai pass. Can i walk into JTB office in ngee ann city office to purchase or have to make reservation online 1st.

rachlr

Reaction score
I don't think you need to make a reservation online. It takes only about 10-15 mins to get it done. But why not try hisgo? Saw a couple of hisgo "offices" in Japan, thought they might be better? Just a suggestion!

I would like to purchase JR wide area kansai pass. Can i walk into JTB office in ngee ann city office to purchase or have to make reservation online 1st.

natsuoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to japan next year. 10 days, is it enough to cover tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto? If not, which one to drop?

hutkahn

Reaction score
For my next trip in Jan, my friends and I were thinking of visiting Mt Fuji (either Kawaguchiko or Hakone), and then up to Nagano. There's no rail pass other than JRP that covers these destinations right?

Kanto area pass getting phased out, Greater Tokyo pass only covers part of the shinkansen route up to Nagano (does it cover NEX?), JR East pass doesn't cover the part to Kawaguchiko

J O K E R

Master Member
Reaction score
Does the Icoca+Haruka pass permit me to board the Haruka train from Kansai and alight at shijo karasuma station?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to japan next year. 10 days, is it enough to cover tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto? If not, which one to drop?
Take a look at suggested itineraries. Would give you better idea on which would fit you.
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/routes/rtp/

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the Icoca+Haruka pass permit me to board the Haruka train from Kansai and alight at shijo karasuma station?

Haruka makes 4 stops. namely KIX-TENNOJI-SHINOSAKA-KYOTO. If you dont leave the fare gate, you can carry on taking these JR lines listed here:
icoca-haruka_map.jpg

Shijo-Karasuma is on Karasuma line, so you need to exit JR fare gates, and buy a metro ticket to board the Karasuma line to reach Shijo-Karasuma stn.

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For my next trip in Jan, my friends and I were thinking of visiting Mt Fuji (either Kawaguchiko or Hakone), and then up to Nagano. There's no rail pass other than JRP that covers these destinations right?

Kanto area pass getting phased out, Greater Tokyo pass only covers part of the shinkansen route up to Nagano (does it cover NEX?), JR East pass doesn't cover the part to Kawaguchiko

dun think there are any other passes that covers the places u are going.
maybe get Tokyo wide pass and just pay the extra from Saku-daira or Komoro to nagano. the good thing about Tokyo wide pass is that it covers the non-JR fujikyu line which goes to kawaguchiko.
yes, NEX is covered because it is a JR train

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yes, possible to cover these places.
but personally, I would prefer to split it into 2 trips because Osaka/Kyoto is very far from Tokyo. very expensive to travel between these places.
10 days is just nice for Tokyo, with some side trips, such as to kawaguchi or hakone for mt fuji

GoToSea

Reaction score
but personally, I would prefer to split it into 2 trips because Osaka/Kyoto is very far from Tokyo. very expensive to travel between these places.
10 days is just nice for Tokyo, with some side trips, such as to kawaguchi or hakone for mt fuji

to see mount fuji, i prefer kawaguchiko. even from the street i could see it.
From hakone u have to ride the ropeway or roam around the lake and it is still too far.

Last edited:

hutkahn

Reaction score
dun think there are any other passes that covers the places u are going.
maybe get Tokyo wide pass and just pay the extra from Saku-daira or Komoro to nagano. the good thing about Tokyo wide pass is that it covers the non-JR fujikyu line which goes to kawaguchiko.
yes, NEX is covered because it is a JR train
Yep that's what I was considering as well, just have to see if can fit into the 3 days of the greater Tokyo pass :(

Sent from my phone using GAGT

J O K E R

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it important to get a reserved seat for the Shinkansen line if I am going to travel from Kyoto station to shin Osaka station? Will it be crowded during mid December?

natsuoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Icic I also think better to limit to 2 places

Thank you for the insight.. :)

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it important to get a reserved seat for the Shinkansen line if I am going to travel from Kyoto station to shin Osaka station? Will it be crowded during mid December?

u dun need shinkansen to get from Kyoto to shin-Osaka. just take normal train, which is only a few minutes slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.