Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not if JRP ?

JR Pass can only take Kodama and Hikari. Both trains are not frequent one unlike the Nozomi
Time waiting for the train maybe the normal local special rapid train already reach destination.

Local Train Special rapid only take 28 mins...for Kyoto to Osaka run.

J O K E R

Master Member
Reaction score
how about JR train on tokaido-sanyo line? is it a direct train to shin osaka station without stopping at station?

hgkiaboon

Reaction score
how about JR train on tokaido-sanyo line? is it a direct train to shin osaka station without stopping at station?

only the shinkansen makes the run from kyoto<->shin-osaka without any stops.

special rapid service trains make a stop at takatsuki.

rapid service trains make multiple stops.

as the others have mentioned, just take the special rapid train, no need to wait for the shinkansen.. why are you that worried about 10mins.

J O K E R

Master Member
Reaction score
only the shinkansen makes the run from kyoto<->shin-osaka without any stops.

special rapid service trains make a stop at takatsuki.

rapid service trains make multiple stops.

as the others have mentioned, just take the special rapid train, no need to wait for the shinkansen.. why are you that worried about 10mins.

when you mentioned special rapid train does it mean JR train? paiseh. first time travelling to japan.

zened88

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'll be in Japan (landing in Tokyo) for approximately 9 days in May: 12 to 21st May 2016.

I'm just looking for some suggestions as where would be a good place to propose to my girlfriend?

I haven't planned my itinerary yet, so I will get your suggestions then plan my itinerary around the suggestions probably.

Cheers!

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'll be in Japan (landing in Tokyo) for approximately 9 days in May: 12 to 21st May 2016.

I'm just looking for some suggestions as where would be a good place to propose to my girlfriend?

I haven't planned my itinerary yet, so I will get your suggestions then plan my itinerary around the suggestions probably.

Cheers!

Congratulations bro! :)

To start off.
Nice dinner at restaurant at 46 and 47 floors in caretta shiodome to set the mood. Great views of the city skyline. Make reservations and inform them off your plan.

hgkiaboon

Reaction score
when you mentioned special rapid train does it mean JR train? paiseh. first time travelling to japan.

Yes, it's the JR Special Rapid Service. If you have any doubts just go to the information centre, it's near the main entrance/exit.

mehmeh91

Reaction score
what are the die die must try stuff at hokkaido? Thanks , first trip to the jippun land tml

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cheers!

The best way to propose in Japan is all shown in this video... beats any other proposal method hands down....

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cheers!

Japanese girl? or local?

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cheers!

Tokyo mid air beside Tokyo tower ?

http://www.excel-air.com/english/cruising/tokyocourse.htm

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need to make a reservation online. It takes only about 10-15 mins to get it done. But why not try hisgo? Saw a couple of hisgo "offices" in Japan, thought they might be better? Just a suggestion!

I dont think i have the time to search any hisgo office over there as i need to use the pass immediately upon arrival at Osaka to kyoto.

hutkahn

Reaction score
Any suggestions for short trips outside/near Tokyo for ~3 days within the greater Tokyo pass region? So far thinking of Lake Kawaguchi to view Fujisan, may be scraping the visit to Nagano since it's a bit too far... Other than Nikko, what are some good places in the region to visit?

Sent from my phone using GAGT

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for short trips outside/near Tokyo for ~3 days within the greater Tokyo pass region? So far thinking of Lake Kawaguchi to view Fujisan, may be scraping the visit to Nagano since it's a bit too far... Other than Nikko, what are some good places in the region to visit?

Sent from my phone using GAGT

Take your pick.
http://zoomingjapan.com/travel/day-trips-from-tokyo/

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to sign up a 1 day tour package of hakone if I'm going Tokyo for the first time?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to sign up a 1 day tour package of hakone if I'm going Tokyo for the first time?

Lots of people do it.
Here a guide getting there and back. You can see if it's within your comfort zone.
Your on holiday not to stress yourself out.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

weathersohot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
~14 days is it enough to tour around japan? i.e. tokyo, osaka, hokkaido, kyoto

if going alone, is s$230 a day enough?

$230 will have to include transport and accommodation

I also want to go disneysea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.