Not open for further replies.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
~14 days is it enough to tour around japan? i.e. tokyo, osaka, hokkaido, kyoto

if going alone, is s$230 a day enough?

$230 will have to include transport and accommodation

I also want to go disneysea

for 14 days, it is better to focus on Tokyo+osaka,kyoto or Tokyo+Hokkaido. will be a bit of a stretch to include all the places. in fact, Hokkaido is huge and u can easily spend all 14 days in Hokkaido.

$230 a day is about $3.2k for the entire trip. it is definitely doable. my previous 2 trips are both below $2.5k for 2 weeks, and that includes airfare, accom and all expenses.

but of coz budget depends on how much u want to spend on food and accom, and also where u want to go. for example, if u are going Hokkaido, u will need a domestic flight, which will cost a bit. travelling between Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto is also expensive, and u will likely need to get a JR pass for that, which cost ard $340

salokin

Reaction score
Any place selling wasabi furikake in Osaka or Kyoto area?

Do anybody knows if there are any place selling wasabi furikake in Osaka/Kyoto area?
TIA.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lots of people do it.
Here a guide getting there and back. You can see if it's within your comfort zone.
Your on holiday not to stress yourself out.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html

Yea first time there Somemore with kids and wife, scared can't find the way there...very stress and kids unhappy more stress

Witch King

Master Member
Reaction score
hi

Would like to ask whether is it easy to navigate to karasuma line at kyoto station. will be arriving from kansai airport next week.

Nalgene123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi

Would like to ask whether is it easy to navigate to karasuma line at kyoto station. will be arriving from kansai airport next week.

Karasuma line is a subway line of the Kyoto subway....you will have to transfer to the subway line once you arrive at Kyoto Station

FlyingOhm

Reaction score
for 14 days, it is better to focus on Tokyo+osaka,kyoto or Tokyo+Hokkaido. will be a bit of a stretch to include all the places. in fact, Hokkaido is huge and u can easily spend all 14 days in Hokkaido.

$230 a day is about $3.2k for the entire trip. it is definitely doable. my previous 2 trips are both below $2.5k for 2 weeks, and that includes airfare, accom and all expenses.

but of coz budget depends on how much u want to spend on food and accom, and also where u want to go. for example, if u are going Hokkaido, u will need a domestic flight, which will cost a bit. travelling between Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto is also expensive, and u will likely need to get a JR pass for that, which cost ard $340

Hi bro, just to tag along this reply, going for the first time as well, i am going tokyo + osaka + kyoto. My itinerary does not validate me to get the JR pass, was wondering whats the most economical way to do if i were to land in tokyo , depart from osaka. initially i thought of doing
Tokyo-kyoto-osaka (1 straight line) but was thinking is there any cheaper alternatives to travel from tokyo to kyoto? I ever consider flying from tokyo to KIX and reverse to kyoto.

Any advice will be great.
Thanks

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi which part of Tokyo should I find accommodation at nearer to most attractions and least rail transfer. Hanzomon area or hatchobori better?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, just to tag along this reply, going for the first time as well, i am going tokyo + osaka + kyoto. My itinerary does not validate me to get the JR pass, was wondering whats the most economical way to do if i were to land in tokyo , depart from osaka. initially i thought of doing
Tokyo-kyoto-osaka (1 straight line) but was thinking is there any cheaper alternatives to travel from tokyo to kyoto? I ever consider flying from tokyo to KIX and reverse to kyoto.

Any advice will be great.
Thanks

few ways to travel between Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto:
- Shinkansen train:
pro: fast and most convenient (about 2.5-3hrs)
con: expensive (14k yen)

- domestic flight:
pro: fast, cheap (10k yen for domestic add-on or even lesser for budget airlines such as Peach airline)
con: hassle of travelling to and from airport, checking-in luggage. if u factor all these in, the total time needed will probably be more than taking the shinkansen

- overnight highway bus:
pro: cheapest, save a night of accommodation
con: tiring if u not comfortable with sleeping on coach

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi which part of Tokyo should I find accommodation at nearer to most attractions and least rail transfer. Hanzomon area or hatchobori better?

Neither.

The most convenient and connected location in Tokyo are the two stations where the Chuo line meets the Yamanote line.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Neither.

The most convenient and connected location in Tokyo are the two stations where the Chuo line meets the Yamanote line.

Is it Tokyo station and shinjiku station ?

Any hotel to recommend?

Last edited:

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it Tokyo station and shinjiku station ?

Any hotel to recommend?

I always recommend looking on Japan based booking websites like Rakuten and Jalan.net for booking hotels. First you get to see many reviews from local travelers. And you get more listings.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back to hotels near Tokyo Station, any to recommend within 10 mins walk, from the nearest exit. Cause I think there are multiple exits and some are quite further away. This way, should be cheaper right? Furthest exit + another ten mins walk.

Looking at google map, is mitsukoshimae station within walking distance? Saw there is a cheap smile hotel nearby.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back to hotels near Tokyo Station, any to recommend within 10 mins walk, from the nearest exit. Cause I think there are multiple exits and some are quite further away. This way, should be cheaper right? Furthest exit + another ten mins walk.

Looking at google map, is mitsukoshimae station within walking distance? Saw there is a cheap smile hotel nearby.

I once stayed near shin-nihonbashi station and I walked to Tokyo station too. Not dragging a heavy luggage though.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I once stayed near shin-nihonbashi station and I walked to Tokyo station too. Not dragging a heavy luggage though.

How long was the walk for you? I am planning to stay near either Tokyo Station or Shinjuku for one night for my NEX, shinkansen to Karuizawa and limited express to Yamanashi. After that would be moving to a cheaper accomodation near Shinagawa.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dunno what your itinerary is and dates are but if you don't mind other areas, can try ours inn hankyu. i think the location is not too bad. check their japanese site or japanican. their english site doesn't work.

i ever wanted to stay at ningyocho (sotetsu fresa inn) for my recent trip but decided too troublesome to take the subway to tokyo station. i still prefer to stay on the JR line, yamanote or others.

Last edited:

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I love ours inn hankyu. That's the hotel I plan to move to after my first night stay near Tokyo station. Got department store nearby and also direct airport bus to haneda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.