Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried that but i still being charged $22 for the FedEx. Maybe my passes not expensive enough. I m buying a pair of kansai wide area passes.

ya not ex enough. as chaotah suggested, can just buy in japan, from the JR west offices. 500 yen discount for booking online and collecting later.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Have anyone tried doing a day trip to kinosaki onset from Osama before. I know it is advisable to stay 1 night there but then I prefer to keep my budget low. I will depart early and back at 5pm over there. I will be using ksnsai wide area pass. I never try onsen before so how the experience as in winter?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have anyone tried doing a day trip to kinosaki onset from Osama before. I know it is advisable to stay 1 night there but then I prefer to keep my budget low. I will depart early and back at 5pm over there. I will be using ksnsai wide area pass. I never try onsen before so how the experience as in winter?
First train from osaka is 07:49 and reaching Kinosaki onsen at 10:48,I guess you should be able to do min 2 to 3 onsens and lunch plus an early dinner. Last train out is 18:18

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if you STAY in kinosaki,
the onsens are free . all 7 of them during your stay
the ryokan will give you a pass

klavier

Reaction score
2 questions:

1) Would you recommend a first timer (with family) to spend say 9 days in Tokyo area or 12 days for both Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto?
I am open to both suggestions but not sure if Osaka/Kyoto is worth the effort. Most likely visiting around mid-end May. Not really into temples but prefer historical and scenic sites.

2) Are money changers in Tokyo/Osaka competitive? I am asking because I might not be able to change money in SG before I head to Japan.

Thank you!

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 questions:

1) Would you recommend a first timer (with family) to spend say 9 days in Tokyo area or 12 days for both Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto?
I am open to both suggestions but not sure if Osaka/Kyoto is worth the effort. Most likely visiting around mid-end May. Not really into temples but prefer historical and scenic sites.

2) Are money changers in Tokyo/Osaka competitive? I am asking because I might not be able to change money in SG before I head to Japan.

Thank you!

For 2, not competitive. Money changers at arcade are open on Saturday morning. Last resort is mustafa.

wrathofgod

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone have experience buying laptop in Akihabara? Worth getting it with the tax refund?

Thanks

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone have experience buying laptop in Akihabara? Worth getting it with the tax refund?

Thanks

Was considering also but decided against.

Local models have Japanese keyboard. Have to check if they have international warranty.
Have to see if change language to English.

Some stores have credit card promotion. Can get discount of 5%.

Last edited:

wrathofgod

Reaction score
Was considering also but decided against.

Local models have Japanese keyboard. Have to check if they have international warranty.
Have to see if change language to English.

Some stores have credit card promotion. Can get discount of 5%.

Thanks for your info, was looking at Asus laptop which have international warranty and was attracted by the tax refund

Hopefully our DFS got sell cheaper:s12:

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
2 questions:

Thank you!

Spending all 9 days in tokyo r generally fine. I went there twice. As the first time i went there for 5 nights was definitely not enough.

klavier

Reaction score
For 2, not competitive. Money changers at arcade are open on Saturday morning. Last resort is mustafa.

Thank you. The problem is I would likely be flying in from another country so wont be able to change money in SG. Will have to figure out how best to get my Yen from my end.

Spending all 9 days in tokyo r generally fine. I went there twice. As the first time i went there for 5 nights was definitely not enough.

Add to that, can take day trips outside Tokyo for scenic spots.

Ok it seems 9 days at Tokyo and her vicinity is doable. I was actually wondering whether it makes sense to extend the trip from say 9 days to 12 days to include Osaka-Kyoto. Thinking of perhaps spending 5 days in Osaka/Kyoto and the balance at Tokyo with day trip to Kawaguchiko Anyway I guess I will do my sums to see whether it is worth it. I am not exactly a fan of temples but I am into history and culture.

Last edited:

MiImbEn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
flying tokyo tonight

check if can get data sim direct at airport?

i know got vending machine type for 7/14 days

but i travelling 1-17 jan any other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.