Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunatic_tokyo

Reaction score
Possible to advise alternative route from Tokyo sunroute shinjuku back to HND.
Our flight timing will be midnight hence not appropriate to take airport limo bus from sunroute at 5+pm.

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
Possible to advise alternative route from Tokyo sunroute shinjuku back to HND.
Our flight timing will be midnight hence not appropriate to take airport limo bus from sunroute at 5+pm.

I do not know enough to list down all.
But I do know that you can consider taking the Yamanote from Shinjuku to Hamatsucho. This is follow by switching to the Tokyo monorail.

I will be staying in Shinjuku too. If my departure time does not clash with the peak period of the train, I will take this route.

http://www.tokyo-monorail.co.jp/english/timetable/0110.html

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fast but Expensive way (3190 yen)
1) Take Narita Express to Tokyo station
2) Take JR Keio Line to Hacchobori station then walk

Cheap way (1133 yen)
1) Take bus to Tokyo station
2) Take JR Keio Line to Hacchobori station then walk

Is there any website I can use to caculate the cost of the trip?

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. I bought some lego from Bic Camera and they were bought in as tax free price.

I had managed to pack all my lego unopened and sealed into my luggage and will checked in later than hand carry.

The cashier stapled the receipt on my passport. Any problems on clearing the Japanese custom as I don't carry in to show the items?

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I bought some lego from Bic Camera and they were bought in as tax free price.

I had managed to pack all my lego unopened and sealed into my luggage and will checked in later than hand carry.

The cashier stapled the receipt on my passport. Any problems on clearing the Japanese custom as I don't carry in to show the items?
never had such problem, unless u bought lotsa them

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No problem. In the first place the customs likely won't even have anybody at the counter. In the off chance that there's someone there, just show passport and the customs guy will just pull off the receipt that's stapled on your passport and won't even ask to look at the items.

Source: I just left Japan with Arocs+Mobile Crane in check-in luggage yesterday.

nongg89

Reaction score
Hi!

would like to ask if anyone has any experience reserving bus rides in Japan?

I'm looking to reserve the "north liner" from obihiro to sounkyo onsen, but can't seem to find any websites to reserve.

Thanks!

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
No problem. In the first place the customs likely won't even have anybody at the counter. In the off chance that there's someone there, just show passport and the customs guy will just pull off the receipt that's stapled on your passport and won't even ask to look at the items.

Source: I just left Japan with Arocs+Mobile Crane in check-in luggage yesterday.

Departed at kansai yesterday and saw some went to the custom counter to let the officer removed off the stapled receipt from the passport. Settled less than 5 sec. This was done before departing immigration counter.

Exactly what u mentioned!

true form

Reaction score
Is the Spring cold or not? I check usually about 5-15deg celsius.

Need to wear how many layers? Normal uniqlo jacket with 1 layer clothing inside can tahan? (not the heat tech)

this picture guy wear 3 layers, dunno what's the inside layer, maybe is some heat tech hack lol.

02_163520.jpg

http://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/men-light-pocketable-parka-1635200024.html

or this

03_167666.jpg

http://www.uniqlo.com/sg/store/men-comfort-jacket-1676660001.html

I went the shop see, material like quite thin, never try before how cold is <10deg celsius for a long time outside.

need gloves?

Last edited:

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score

Need to wear how many layers? Normal uniqlo jacket with 1 layer clothing inside can tahan? (not the heat tech)

this picture guy wear 3 layers, dunno what's the inside layer, maybe is some heat tech hack lol.

02_163520.jpg

or this

03_167666.jpg

I went the shop see, material like quite thin, never try before how cold is <10deg celsius for a long time outside.

need gloves?

I just returned from Japan. The temp is about 8 to 10 degree in day time and at 5 degree at night. Probably it is even colder while we are sleeping.

5 degree vs 15 degree is lot of difference. For me I don't think the 1st top piece can actually keep me warm at 5 degree.

I wear 3 layers. Base Layer is heat tech, followed by a long sleeves and outer is the light weight uniqio down jacket. especially with chill wind blowing, I wear a beanie. It made lot of difference when your head and ears are covered.

eriko_koh

Reaction score
Hi, I have only one full day in Kyoto. What are the recommended places to go? Is it possible to go Nara (to see deer) and bamboo place in Kyoto in a day?

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

02_163520.jpg

or this

03_167666.jpg

need gloves?

Early Spring can be very cold in the early morning when wind blows, there were once i went out in the morning was sub deg.

Usually I just wear one tshirt as base and long sleeve shirt as second and wind breaker jacket and bottom just jeans nia. If hand cold, I just put my hands into jeans pocket nia. As long no big winds, can tahan for me the above setup

Last night sub few deg, can tahan just wearing fleece shirt and jeans cause no big wind.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have only one full day in Kyoto. What are the recommended places to go? Is it possible to go Nara (to see deer) and bamboo place in Kyoto in a day?

one day can cover the arashiyama bamboo grove and nara park. But must start early.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys / gals if I wanna go to gotemba station from Tokyo can I confirm that with JR East Pass:

1. JR tokaido line (non Shinkansen) to Kozu is covered
2. JR gotemba line to gotemba I need to pay?

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
If I stay in Shinjuku, you guys think is possible for me to leave early and get a hakone day pass to take cruise, ropeway, cable car, see mount fuji from far, enjoy onsen and head back home to shinjuku at evening time?

Sent from mobile using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.