Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I stay in Shinjuku, you guys think is possible for me to leave early and get a hakone day pass to take cruise, ropeway, cable car, see mount fuji from far, enjoy onsen and head back home to shinjuku at evening time?

Sent from mobile using GAGT

possible. But you wont be "on the ground" much of the time, as in you will be moving from one transport mode to another.

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to know about booking Toyoko Inn rooms.

Would like to book 14-20 May, as non-member, can I book from 14 Feb onwards?

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just returned from Japan. The temp is about 8 to 10 degree in day time and at 5 degree at night. Probably it is even colder while we are sleeping.

5 degree vs 15 degree is lot of difference. For me I don't think the 1st top piece can actually keep me warm at 5 degree.

I wear 3 layers. Base Layer is heat tech, followed by a long sleeves and outer is the light weight uniqio down jacket. especially with chill wind blowing, I wear a beanie. It made lot of difference when your head and ears are covered.

So 15 degree need to wear how many layer?
I'm going in March, should be around same temp?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depends on the individual. I can stand 15 degrees with a single layer of long-sleeve clothing with light jacket if it's windy. To be safe, 2-3 layers should be fine. If you have a thick jacket, 2 layers is ok as long as it can block out the wind.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score

I went to Tokyo in early March before and it was still below 10 degree. Anyway u can always buy the winter clothes there if not enough to keep u warm. The winter clothes are cheaper there.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on your own tolerance. For me, 20deg I just wear t shirt plus casual jacket/blazer. 15deg no wind no rain, long sleeve tee plus casual jacket/blazer. Lower than that then only will consider heattech, scarf, etc.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to Tokyo in early March before and it was still below 10 degree. Anyway u can always buy the winter clothes there if not enough to keep u warm. The winter clothes are cheaper there.

Just wondering , once you get indoors, what will be the temperature like? I guess no need wear jacket once indoor right ?

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Just wondering , once you get indoors, what will be the temperature like? I guess no need wear jacket once indoor right ?

Most of them like shoppers or passers-by will still wear their winter clothing rather than doing change parade. Only those staffs who worked indoor wear normally.

I don't see ppl carrying the winter jacket around the moment they step into indoor. Even on subway train too. Unless your ride is long ride.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of them like shoppers or passers-by will still wear their winter clothing rather than doing change parade. Only those staffs who worked indoor wear normally.

I don't see ppl carrying the winter jacket around the moment they step into indoor. Even on subway train too. Unless your ride is long ride.

So even indoors will feel cold?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, as my work is getting a bit busier, i might not have spare time to keep on checking this thread. for urgent stuff, pls feel free to pm me. Appreciate your understanding..

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So even indoors will feel cold?

it really depends. some malls and train are quite well heated.
i remember going into tokyo tower in late autumn wearing a jacket. after about half hour, i was sweating and my whole face was red. encountered quite a few trains where there is heating under the seats

Crexzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what does the label says?

TIA

v7GPCB3l.jpg

lilrex21

Reaction score
Wanna check regarding hyperdia..

I tried searching for journey from odawara to Narita T1. I saw there is a fare 3,020 plus seat fee 3550. Is the seat fee referring to the reservation for seats?

Taking shinkansen from odawara to shinagawa.. Then NEX to Narita.

I tried editing but seems like NEX must reserve seats?

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna check regarding hyperdia..

I tried searching for journey from odawara to Narita T1. I saw there is a fare 3,020 plus seat fee 3550. Is the seat fee referring to the reservation for seats?

Taking shinkansen from odawara to shinagawa.. Then NEX to Narita.

I tried editing but seems like NEX must reserve seats?

seat fee is the additional charge for limited express and shinkansen. there is a seat fee regardless whether it is reserved or unreserved seat, with unreserved seat having a lower seat fee
NEX only have reserved seats iirc

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seat fee is the additional charge for limited express and shinkansen. there is a seat fee regardless whether it is reserved or unreserved seat, with unreserved seat having a lower seat fee
NEX only have reserved seats iirc

NEX only have reserved seat? So if I want to take NEX from Narita to Tokyo, must I reserved seat online first prior to arrival? If so where to reserved ah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.