Asus GT-AX11000/Pro, RT-AX89X, , GT-AX6000, RT-AX88U Pro, RT-AX86U/Pro, RT-AX86S, TUF-AX6000, RT-AX82U (V1/V2), TUF-AX5400, RT-AX5400 and TUF-AX4200

loganrunning

Reaction score
Am using AX86U as primary router, and have ethernet backhaul, would AX68U be a worthy consideration (as Aimesh node), compared to AX92U/AX82U? Considering AX68U around RMB900 (and without warranty of course) usually

A side query, was fiddling around with the setup of my AX86U (am on Starhub 500mbps plan), strangely when doing speedtest using Asus "software" via desktop, it was able to achieve near 500mbps for both download and upload. However when using chrome browser on desktop, the results on speedtest website and starhub speedtest website, both showed download around 100mbps when testing at various times, should this be a concern?
probably browser overhead. try installing speedtest app on your desktop and use that instead

however, 100Mbps could point to other problems eg old PC network card, bad cable and/or connector, cat 5 cable etc.

Asus80

Reaction score
4 RM HDB Flat. before that I have to use 3 Almesh Router can cover whole house as Lyra is @ my dad master bedroom

After upgraded to Asus AX86U my dad Master bedroom can get 2 bar WIFI 5G

my Desktop using Intel AX200 WIFI 5G speedtest results

My Samsung S22 ultra Speedtest results

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it still recommended to buy RT-AX82U from Taobao now?

This has never really been recommended since you need to take the risk (no waranty). If you are fine with the price and the risk, then you can go ahead as it will work in Singapore.

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it still recommended to buy RT-AX82U from Taobao now?

This has never really been recommended since you need to take the risk (no waranty). If you are fine with the price and the risk, then you can go ahead as it will work in Singapore.

lol technically if its half price, i would gamble and go for it,

however the problem starts when you have hardware specific QC issue.

have both ax82u and ax86u

both are highly recommended, with the ax86u more likeable for my requirements [ tall and less 2D space ]

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
Guys currently I am having this issue where after 1week + my Asus AX86u gives a very very Low download speed, high ojng and everything just bad but wifi signal is still full bar until I reboot both the Asus AX86u then it goes back to normal.

1 of the the solution I can think of it’s the scheduler reboot but I wanna see if there’s an alternative

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys currently I am having this issue where after 1week + my Asus AX86u gives a very very Low download speed, high ojng and everything just bad but wifi signal is still full bar until I reboot both the Asus AX86u then it goes back to normal.
1 of the the solution I can think of it’s the scheduler reboot but I wanna see if there’s an alternative

By right this should not happen.

Which SingTel plan?

Are you using SingTel ONT or ONR?

Have you upgraded to the latest version of FW?

What are the options you enabled in the FW (eg: AIProtection, Adaptive Cloud, etc)?

uniquely_ad

Reaction score

Which SingTel plan?

What are the options you enabled in the FW (eg: AIProtection, Adaptive Cloud, etc)?
SingTel ONR, yes latest firmware for the routers, I don’t have any features enabled most of my settings are default except for wifi settings n etc. hmm for the time being I’ve put the first

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SingTel ONR, yes latest firmware for the routers, I don’t have any features enabled most of my settings are default except for wifi settings n etc. hmm for the time being I’ve put the first

You may want to set your Asus router to AP mode to see if that helps. If you run in router mode, you have Double NAT which should not cause your problem though. But you can try it to see if that helps.

Ref: https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-double-NAT-and-why-is-it-bad

BradenHeat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as Xiaofan put it it, if you're using singTel, high chances that router they gave is giving way ,

do note, you ought to disable the 5Ghz on the singTel issued router, and hide + lower the power settings of its 2.4Ghz [ if you're experiencing drops ]

as for AP mode, it might give some hope, though,

basic troubleshootings stands : tried changing the LAN cables between your ax86u and the SingTel Router ?

- factory reset both and see if it holds for couple of days ?

- are you using the correct wifi ? 5Ghz with channel 140 might be bad idea if your neighbours are using the same channel [ cluster af signal ]

- is the router [ ax86u ] within expected speeds ? aka 1 thick wall and 4m away , should be only 600Mbps to 500Mbps depending on interference [ im roughly estimating ]

Since the problems gets resolve after factory resetting the asus router ,

just for testing if it holds for the week :

try getting the asus merlin firmware,

with the following settings :

Under wireless, General

Do disable Smart Connect

opt for 80mhz non dfs channel first, aka nothing inbetween 60 to 140 channel [ irrc . correct me if im wrong here ]

Which SingTel plan?

You may want to set your Asus router to AP mode to see if that helps. If you run in router mode, you have Double NAT which should not cause your problem though. But you can try it to see if that helps.

Ref: https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-double-NAT-and-why-is-it-bad

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do note, you ought to disable the 5Ghz on the singTel issued router, and hide + lower the power settings of its 2.4Ghz [ if you're experiencing drops ]

Singtel ONR does not have wireless function.

uniquely_ad

Reaction score
Singtel ONR does not have wireless function.
That’s the thing, the ONR doesn’t have any wifi capabilities, I’m only using the ONR to connect to the Asus a86u wan ports(2.5gb port) and the other ports for SingTel tv and telephone line.

the SingTel ONR and Asus are on 2 diff ip addresssing 192.168.1.xx(only accessible via wired connection) and Asus 192.168.50.xx

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s the thing, the ONR doesn’t have any wifi capabilities, I’m only using the ONR to connect to the Asus a86u wan ports(2.5gb port) and the other ports for SingTel tv and telephone line.

the SingTel ONR and Asus are on 2 diff ip addresssing 192.168.1.xx(only accessible via wired connection) and Asus 192.168.50.xx

Are you on the 1+1 Gbps plan or the normal 1Gbps plan?

If you are on the normal 1Gbps plan, your Asus is in the router mode and you have the Double NAT situation. You can try two things.
1) use 1G WAN port and do not use 2.5G port as WAN port.
2) configure your RT-AX86U in AP mode if Step 1 does not help

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have this 3 router that set as AP on singtel ONR. (RT-88,TUF-AX3000,GT-AC5300). I try to set up AiMesh but Asus cannot find any AiMesh nodes.

Any help or link to how to set up Asus router using AiMesh. Thank you.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have this 3 router that set as AP on singtel ONR. (RT-88,TUF-AX3000,GT-AC5300). I try to set up AiMesh but Asus cannot find any AiMesh nodes.

Any help or link to how to set up Asus router using AiMesh. Thank you.
Which is the main router ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.