Asus N56U Singtel Presets

monsters2009

Reaction score
If you had a speed upgrade from Singtel, do a hard reset on all hardware and turn them on i.e. OCP, router, PC in that order. It worked for me, hope works for you too.

What is the speed you got from speedtest? And what is your fibre plan?

jasonlbt75

Reaction score
Unable to connect to 2.4GHz Wireless network when MIO is powered ON

Hi,

Please help me with the problem of connecting to the 2.4GHz wireless network whenever the MIO is powered ON. No problem for devices connecting to 5.0GHz.

ONT -> Aztech 7003

Aztech 7003
-> ASUS NT-66U (Access Point)
-> PC
-> PC
-> PC

RT-N66U
-> TV
-> Android Box
-> MIO
-> Android Box

Configured the RT-N66U as an Access Point (AP).
When MIO is turned OFF (or Ethernet cable disconnected), all wireless devices able to connect to RT-N66U 2.4GHz & 5GHz SSID. But when MIO is turned ON, wireless device only able to connect to 5GHz SSID although 2.4GHz SSID is visible.

Tried to update the firmware to the latest version 3.0.0.4.378_9235 but the problem still persist.

Please help

TruthOrDare

Reaction score
Hi guys I just got an Asus RT-N65U today (or rather received it).

I'm on Singtel home entertainment fiber 200mbps.

As I'm trying to replace the original Aztech 7002 router, I plugged in my N65U directly into the ONT through its port 1. I managed to set it up right up to the point where it asks me for DNS addresses where it gets stuck. I tried both auto and manual (where I keyed in the Singtel's DNS addresses manually) but the page refuses to advance past "This will usually take 60 seconds."

I followed this forum for the connection type settings i.e. Automatic and Singtel-Others (since I do not have digital line). Anyone has similar problem? Is there a way to get over it? Or is this the router's problem?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I just got an Asus RT-N65U today (or rather received it).

I'm on Singtel home entertainment fiber 200mbps.

As I'm trying to replace the original Aztech 7002 router, I plugged in my N65U directly into the ONT through its port 1. I managed to set it up right up to the point where it asks me for DNS addresses where it gets stuck. I tried both auto and manual (where I keyed in the Singtel's DNS addresses manually) but the page refuses to advance past "This will usually take 60 seconds."

I followed this forum for the connection type settings i.e. Automatic and Singtel-Others (since I do not have digital line). Anyone has similar problem? Is there a way to get over it? Or is this the router's problem?

you should set the iptv profile to singtel-others and it should be able to work.

do update the firmware to the latest version..

The DNS settings should set to automatic. Even though the browser is showing "pls wait for 60seconds", after 1 minute u can simply refresh the webpage and it should be at the homepage of the router..

TruthOrDare

Reaction score
you should set the iptv profile to singtel-others and it should be able to work.

do update the firmware to the latest version..

The DNS settings should set to automatic. Even though the browser is showing "pls wait for 60seconds", after 1 minute u can simply refresh the webpage and it should be at the homepage of the router..

Ok just tried that and I managed to get connected through wireless. I'm however unable to connect my PC to the Internet via Ethernet cable. Any workarounds?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok just tried that and I managed to get connected through wireless. I'm however unable to connect my PC to the Internet via Ethernet cable. Any workarounds?

did u plug into port 4? port 4 is solely reserved for singtel tv only..

AhLam86

Reaction score
Hi, i have mio tv and digital line,therefore to use mio voice, i need to connect and power on the singtel router also right? Intend to purchase a RT56U

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have mio tv and digital line,therefore to use mio voice, i need to connect and power on the singtel router also right? Intend to purchase a RT56U

its digital voice btw, no more mio.. :D

digital voice can be shifted and configured to be connected to ONT instead. ring up 1688 for that to be done. alternatively if you want to use the singtel router, then you have to switch your iptv profile of n56u to singtel-mio and connect the singtel router to port 3 of n56u.

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, my rt-n56u unable to download firmware. how do i go about this?

error msg:
The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all, my rt-n56u unable to download firmware. how do i go about this?

error msg:
The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates.

Go Asus website to download firmware manually, then follow the steps below to flash it :

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1005484

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
today i just upgraded to M1 1gb plan and i was give Asus 56s, few questions

how to setup netflix primary secondary dns using this router

i need a guest account for internet only

how come i cannot surf internet using 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, how to setup properly.

pls help ?anyone ?

JJJLLL

Reaction score
Quote:
Singtel 1Gbps Unlimited Fibre users, please set the Special ISP requirement to None. Singtel 1Gbps Unlimited does not use VLANs, and setting the SingTel-MIO or Singtel-Others setting will cause you to lose internet connectivity. Same goes for other Asus models.

I've just upgraded to Singtel 1Gbps Unlimited Fibre. I follow the above instruction, internet is working but MIO TV is not. Can someone please guide me? Thanks a lot in advance.

TruthOrDare

Reaction score
Hi can I check if the following configuration will work? And if it does work how should I set up my Asus RT-N56U router?

ONT -> Aztech 7002 -> MioTV
-> MioVoice
-> Asus RT-N56U -> PC

The Aztech router provided by Singtel is in my living room while the Asus router is in my room. What I want to achieve from this set up is:
1. Wireless coverage (both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) to be provided by both routers so that WiFi coverage will be strong in anywhere of the house.
2. Able to connect my PC to the Internet thru Ethernet via the Asus router.

Is this set up possible? Because from what I have read and understood is if I were to set up my Asus router as stated above, the Asus router can only function as an Access Point (kinda like extending the range of the WiFi), with the router function being eliminated.

Ah-Pin-Kor

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi can I check if the following configuration will work? And if it does work how should I set up my Asus RT-N56U router?

Code:
ONT -> Aztech 7002
                            -> MioTV
                            -> MioVoice
                            -> Asus RT-N56U -> PC

The Aztech router provided by Singtel is in my living room while the Asus router is in my room. What I want to achieve from this set up is:
1. Wireless coverage (both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) to be provided by both routers so that WiFi coverage will be strong in anywhere of the house.
2. Able to connect my PC to the Internet thru Ethernet via the Asus router.

Is this set up possible? Because from what I have read and understood is if I were to set up my Asus router as stated above, the Asus router can only function as an Access Point (kinda like extending the range of the WiFi), with the router function being eliminated.
Your setup above should work.
You should only have one router, the Aztech. The N56U should just be an access point, although you can use it in router mode as well, just that whatever you connect to it will be on a different network (not advisable, unless you have reason to want this).

TruthOrDare

Reaction score
Your setup above should work.
You should only have one router, the Aztech. The N56U should just be an access point, although you can use it in router mode as well, just that whatever you connect to it will be on a different network (not advisable, unless you have reason to want this).

Hey thanks for the reply. Another question. For my connection from Aztech router to Asus router (using it in Access Point mode) should I connect via LAN port of my Aztech router to the WAN port of my Asus router or LAN port of my Aztech router to the LAN port of the Asus router? If I were to use the latter set up (LAN -> LAN), will I still be able to hook up my PC to another LAN port of the Asus router for Internet connection?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.