Asus ZenFone 8 Series

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
anyone updated to latest 112 firmware? it says tw and jp only but is ww firmware.. any issues to update?

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
updated to firmware ending with 121.. thermals improved even further.. previously when playing my game temp will go up to 44° and fps start to drop abit.. now won't even go over 40° and super stable fps..

napster79

Reaction score
updated to firmware ending with 121.. thermals improved even further.. previously when playing my game temp will go up to 44° and fps start to drop abit.. now won't even go over 40° and super stable fps..
Firmware 112 you mean? I thought this version is for JP/TW?
So far i have not received any OTA updates for this 112. :-(

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
Waa! Like that also can ah?
:eek:
The phone won't explode right? Maybe later i go try
laugh.gif

so far so good.. everything works normally.. tt, gpay, ezlink

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm i read that despite having local asus warranty, VoLTE is not supported for 3 main telecom? I am on TPG and i think lagi more jia lat.
Please don't. I bought it to use with TPG and it was buggy... Even the data had intermittent problems loading.
Fine with Singtel but no volte.

Sold it after 2 days as it was really too small for me. The FM radio was fun though... We don't get that anymore on other sets.

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please don't. I bought it to use with TPG and it was buggy... Even the data had intermittent problems loading.
Fine with Singtel but no volte.

Sold it after 2 days as it was really too small for me. The FM radio was fun though... We don't get that anymore on other sets.
woah can check what sort of bug u experienced? even with the latest firmware update?

shager

Master Member
Reaction score
woah can check what sort of bug u experienced? even with the latest firmware update?
I kept losing data connection intermittently. APN was correct. It was around late June so not the latest firmware. The other SIM card on singtel was fine. The photos captured with the zenfone 8 was good though. Ultimately it was the size that caused me to trade it in for Mi 11 Ultra. Didn't like the fit in my hand. The latest firmware may have fixed it but I'm not sure as it was gone after 2 days.

My observation is that if you're on TPG it works very well with iPhone, Samsung, Xiaomi, Oppo. Not so much with the other brands.

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro, actually i am thinking of changing my oneplus 9 pro - tired of big phones.

TPG needs to actually some settings using PDC or adb settings on oneplus phone to enable volte.

napster79

Reaction score
new update out
You mean .115?

.115 was out few days ago and quite a number of users's Gpay not working after upgrading. (read from Asus Zentalk forum)
I have upgraded mine too but since I dont use Gpay, not sure if mine's affected.

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
You mean .115?
.115 was out few days ago and quite a number of users's Gpay not working after upgrading. (read from Asus Zentalk forum)
I have upgraded mine too but since I dont use Gpay, not sure if mine's affected.

hmmm.. I updated le.. gpay working fine leh..

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of carousel seller claims that volte is enabled.
Did 115 firmware enable volte?

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
hmmm.. I updated le.. gpay working fine leh..
Does it also work on transport?

My google pay works when paying for items. But It didn't work when i tap at new TE line. I thought its due to the new gates lol. Haven't tried on normal old mrt gantries or bus yet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.