Asus ZenFone 8 Series

napster79

Reaction score
Asus singapore online store is 20% off now at 799. This ramdump issue makes me hesitate though.
This rampdump issue is really no joke. Just go Zentalk forum and you can find many users having this issue (mine too).
Now I am still pondering whether to continue use when the phone is back from service centre. - not sure if after repair will the same problem comes back again. Otherwise, this is a pretty good phone.

limbs03

Reaction score
I kena this rampdump issue too and sent back to asus service center on 23rd Sep (was surfing the web nia)
they replaced the whole motherboard and i was able to collect on 1 Oct

it's pretty weird that everyone seems to be getting this issue around the same time.
it's a good compact phone though, fingers crossed that the issue doesn't come back

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qoo10 has 100 off 500 now. hmmm...

CelTT37.jpg

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
worth it in your opinion?
with the recent reports of the rampdump issue, very wary myself too. 😅 but just on paper it seems like a good price, since you can even pay using grabpay or what not and earn thousands of points which can be used to redeem grab vouchers too. Plus the prices for used ZF8 on carousell are all higher. LOL.

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
with the recent reports of the rampdump issue, very wary myself too.
1f605.png

but just on paper it seems like a good price, since you can even pay using grabpay or what not and earn thousands of points which can be used to redeem grab vouchers too. Plus the prices for used ZF8 on carousell are all higher. LOL.

haha.. ya lo.. on paper this is the cheapest sd888 phone already..with not much compromise.. even cheaper than mi11t pro..

damn lucky managed to sell off my zf8 already.. I see all those on carousell cfm stuck and need to sell at bigger loss already..

I personally also kena the ramdump..

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha.. ya lo.. on paper this is the cheapest sd888 phone already..with not much compromise.. even cheaper than mi11t pro..

damn lucky managed to sell off my zf8 already.. I see all those on carousell cfm stuck and need to sell at bigger loss already..

I personally also kena the ramdump..

yeah, and has 3.5mm jack too. plus nice and compact size. but that issue is kinda worrying. even with warranty, needing to go without a phone, or having to lose data or re-setup things again wastes a ton of time. 😂😂😂

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
yeah, and has 3.5mm jack too. plus nice and compact size. but that issue is kinda worrying. even with warranty, needing to go without a phone, or having to lose data or re-setup things again wastes a ton of time.
1f602.png

1f602.png

1f602.png

but battery life pretty bad.. if only this had a 65w fast charge it would be perfect..

Reaction score
That's true, sd730g does have lower power consumption.
You can't outrun physics and there's so much you can do with software tricks.
Flagship SoC + small size , usually doesn't lead to good battery life especially with high refresh screen.
Batteriy life suffers when they cannot cool down sufficiently.
so basically snap 88x is bky rite?
865/870/778/780 + dimensity 1200 are ky?

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so basically snap 88x is bky rite?
865/870/778/780 + dimensity 1200 are ky?
+1 to ranmaru1987 post above. SD888 seems to be more power hungry (and also run hotter) this year compared to 865/870. even dimensity 1200 are quite okay also in terms of thermals and battery consumption (though i can't get aptx adaptive to work with dimensity chips, so some TWS earbuds that rely on that to get lower latency for gaming won't be as useful).

Reaction score
+1 to ranmaru1987 post above. SD888 seems to be more power hungry (and also run hotter) this year compared to 865/870. even dimensity 1200 are quite okay also in terms of thermals and battery consumption (though i can't get aptx adaptive to work with dimensity chips, so some TWS earbuds that rely on that to get lower latency for gaming won't be as useful).
so to be more conservative and IF price is similar.. perhaps just consider 865/870/778/780

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
so to be more conservative and IF price is similar.. perhaps just consider 865/870/778/780
if price similar of cos 888 la.. better processor at same price why not? 888 warmer but not too hot if not playing graphics intensive games.. day to day use is ok de..

Reaction score
if price similar of cos 888 la.. better processor at same price why not? 888 warmer but not too hot if not playing graphics intensive games.. day to day use is ok de..
so you got your zenfone ah?
I notice if not flagship there is some feature that you want is not there.
interested in nord 2 , realme gt master , xiaomi poco f3 , xiaomi 5g lite ( ne ).

I'm flip flopping btw these features
1) compact
2) 3.5mm
3) snap vs dimensity
4) OIS
5) screen hz and nits

no perfect phone at this price range.

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
so you got your zenfone ah?
I notice if not flagship there is some feature that you want is not there.
interested in nord 2 , realme gt master , xiaomi poco f3 , xiaomi 5g lite ( ne ).
I'm flip flopping btw these features
1) compact
2) 3.5mm
3) snap vs dimensity
4) OIS
5) screen hz and nits
no perfect phone at this price range.

I sold my zf8.. actually.. zf8 cheks all 5 features listed leh.. in fact iirc both it's cameras have ois while most phones ultra wide has no ois.. it has one of the best selfie cameras as well.. 120hz at 1100nits is plenty bright.. have 3.5mm jack and best SD processor.. f3, realme, Nord all not compact leh.. only mi11 lite compact..

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If price is similar, probably the newer the better since got more headroom in the future if want to use the phone for long term. Plus performance is better than other options. There might be some phones that implement cooling better too which will help SD888. Provided the phone has decent enough battery life and you don't push the phone too hard all the time, probably won't be an issue, since heat, charging cycles, probably will degrade batteries faster. :ROFLMAO: or get those clip on fan on the back of the phone when you gaming to help cooling also can haha. ZF8 really checks a lot of boxes for me too, but then the ramdump issues...

Reaction score
I sold my zf8.. actually.. zf8 cheks all 5 features listed leh.. in fact iirc both it's cameras have ois while most phones ultra wide has no ois.. it has one of the best selfie cameras as well.. 120hz at 1100nits is plenty bright.. have 3.5mm jack and best SD processor.. f3, realme, Nord all not compact leh.. only mi11 lite compact..
what's your new phone?

Reaction score
If price is similar, probably the newer the better since got more headroom in the future if want to use the phone for long term. Plus performance is better than other options. There might be some phones that implement cooling better too which will help SD888. Provided the phone has decent enough battery life and you don't push the phone too hard all the time, probably won't be an issue, since heat, charging cycles, probably will degrade batteries faster. :ROFLMAO: or get those clip on fan on the back of the phone when you gaming to help cooling also can haha. ZF8 really checks a lot of boxes for me too, but then the ramdump issues...
what is ramdump? those blue screens like windows ah

ranmaru1987

Reaction score
what's your new phone?

using s21+

a phone is something you hold in your hand and use alot.. so in the end how it feels in the hand v important.. I had the s21u too but I kept the s21+ although the s21u is the better phone cos the s21+ felt better in the end.. so in the end better user experience for the s21+

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.