AY2021/2022 NTU MSc Financial Technology / AI / Analytics / Infomation Systems

IAMMonster

Reaction score
Anybody has applied for the above-mentioned programmes and like to share their thoughts or questions. Do leave a comment in this thread.

IAMMonster

Reaction score
Any idea when is the earliest we will receive the outcome? Mind sharing which programme you are in? and a bit of your background?

runicz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Applied for MSc. AI and got my letter of offer last monday.

School fee very expensive (nett 39000 with additional 10% covid grant and thats it) as it is a 100% self finance coursework degree programme. Unlike those government subsidised masters programme which are limited to a few outdated ones like msc mechanical engineering.

i feel that the programme will open me pathforward to many prospectful roles in the digital age. still gonna ask around if its worth before accepting. anyone has diff thoughts?

for ppl who are curious, i applied with 1.5 years work experience in unrelated industry but with plenty of coding project experiences since primary school and a good local degree honours (unrelated engineering degree)

IAMMonster

Reaction score

School fee very expensive (nett 39000 with additional 10% covid grant and thats it) as it is a 100% self finance coursework degree programme. Unlike those government subsidised masters programme which are limited to a few outdated ones like msc mechanical engineering.

i feel that the programme will open me pathforward to many prospectful roles in the digital age. still gonna ask around if its worth before accepting. anyone has diff thoughts?

for ppl who are curious, i applied with 1.5 years work experience in unrelated industry but with plenty of coding project experiences since primary school and a good local degree honours (unrelated engineering degree)
39000???!!

JayMzLim

Reaction score
Applied for NTU MSAI offered by SCSE and have gotten the offer.
I have also gotten the offer from NUS-ISS Mtech IS.

Also deciding which 1 to take up. Both offers are FT as I only applied for FT.

Background is Math & Stats working in financial modelling currently.

runicz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently all the SG application from MSAI received the offer, properly cus of covid situation priority.

Properly the best chance for local to enroll this courses now.

Both courses dominated by foreign talents one. and yeah MSAI is way more expensive, 39k nett, minus 10% still approx 35k

Jacob Gan

Reaction score

Yes, we are so used to subsidized education that we are not aware that the cost of education is very expensive. For certain master degree programmes, the government does not feel the need to subsidize them and you will have to decide whether you want to take them (whether it is worth it financially and whether there are lower cost alternatives available). What I know is that our NTU/MUS MSc in IT degrees are very well recognized and the graduates do get good jobs.

IAMMonster

Reaction score
Guess Information System's requirement is too high, not successful :(

Gotten an offer for MSc in Fintech, AI and Analytics though.

Will be taking MSc in AI.

cocoboy_letsgo

Reaction score
Did anyone apply for MS Analytics or MS Business Analytics?

Please let me know your interview experience and do you know the class size for each for the full time programme?

DataScience

Reaction score

Man, what a ripoff. Let me recommend something better and cheaper: https://pe.gatech.edu/degrees/analytics

- Online degree, but you get some cert as everyone else.
- Top 10 com science schools in the world. And the curriculum is top notch. (If you google around on linkedin, you would find that many data scientists from Grab/Shoppe/Lazada enrolled in this same program)
- 9.9k USD only. If you take the MSc in Com science from this school, its even cheaper 7.7k USD
- The only downside is, you have to work hard.

I am personal friends with many of the program directors from these so call MITB, MSC AI program, and I can only tell you that these programs were designed to mint money from students.

IAMMonster

Reaction score
Man, what a ripoff. Let me recommend something better and cheaper: https://pe.gatech.edu/degrees/analytics

- Online degree, but you get some cert as everyone else.
- Top 10 com science schools in the world. And the curriculum is top notch. (If you google around on linkedin, you would find that many data scientists from Grab/Shoppe/Lazada enrolled in this same program)
- 9.9k USD only. If you take the MSc in Com science from this school, its even cheaper 7.7k USD
- The only downside is, you have to work hard.

I am personal friends with many of the program directors from these so call MITB, MSC AI program, and I can only tell you that these programs were designed to mint money from students.
MSc in Info System was really a good course. High demand, was well recommended by the local government. Hence it was also heavily subsidized. Around 9k-10k to finish the entire course, opening up more opportunities and progression for u at work. Don't you think its worthy? But good course comes with greater competition. Sadly, I wasn't offered a place.

DataScience

Reaction score
MSc in Info System was really a good course. High demand, was well recommended by the local government. Hence it was also heavily subsidized. Around 9k-10k to finish the entire course, opening up more opportunities and progression for u at work. Don't you think its worthy? But good course comes with greater competition. Sadly, I wasn't offered a place.
Hi you are referring to MSC in Information Systems from which school?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.