Back from South island New Zealand

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm very sad, very sad. SIA just response my tickets even if forkup rebooking fee can only extend till Jan2021. My travel date is Dec.

I fully paid more than 10k just on air ticket for my family and parents to NZ. Suppose to be once in a lifetime trip. I plan early, book early. Now not only i loss 10k, i dont think i can save up enough for next NZ trip, at least for few more years.

More than 10k of hard-earned and years of saving. I dont dare to tell my parents, in thier twilight the truths. They orignially insist not to go. I convince them, hoping to organise one never bf meaningful 3 generation trip. I told them SIA refund me all cost, they still praise them. I can only cry from within.
u cancel alrdy?

jus hold on to it 1st lor, Dec maybe will be ok? fingers crossed

i got another trip in October to somewhere else :s22:

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
u cancel alrdy?

jus hold on to it 1st lor, Dec maybe will be ok? fingers crossed

i got another trip in October to somewhere else :s22:

I haven't cancel. Now only hope is SIA update policy or grant me extension closer to my travel date.

However, december not possible as i have elderly parents and young kids. I dont want them to be affected. Im also thinking worse case scenario maybe i go myself, alone. At least i take back 1.6k out of more than 10k

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm very sad, very sad. SIA just response my tickets even if forkup rebooking fee can only extend till Jan2021. My travel date is Dec.

I fully paid more than 10k just on air ticket for my family and parents to NZ. Suppose to be once in a lifetime trip. I plan early, book early. Now not only i loss 10k, i dont think i can save up enough for next NZ trip, at least for few more years.

More than 10k of hard-earned and years of saving. I dont dare to tell my parents, in thier twilight the truths. They orignially insist not to go. I convince them, hoping to organise one never bf meaningful 3 generation trip. I told them SIA refund me all cost, they still praise them. I can only cry from within.

Same lor. One in a lifetime trip, ruined by the pandemic. Hope NZ will be more beautiful after the pandemic. I still no fixed date for next year, probably around early May.
Sian, by right today I should be taking flight back to Singapore.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
Same lor. One in a lifetime trip, ruined by the pandemic. Hope NZ will be more beautiful after the pandemic. I still no fixed date for next year, probably around early May.
Sian, by right today I should be taking flight back to Singapore.

At least your flight $ secure. I cant recover my 10k unless waiver policy extend to my travel date. That's the different :s13:

Anyway, perhaps this is the only time you're allow to change your destination and duration FOC. What's your original itinerary, care to share? Any plan to change?

Mine is SI + Auckland 12Days. If I can recover my 10k (finger cross) I plan to extend to 14 days

D1: SG > Christchurch
D2: Christchurch > Omarama
D3: Omarama > Queenstown
D4: Queenstown
D5: Queenstown
D6: Queenstown
D7: Queenstown > Twizel
D8: Twizel > MT Cook day trip
D9: Twizel > Lake Tekapo > Christchurch
D10: Christchurch > Auckland
D11: Auckland
D12: Auckland > SG

Last edited:

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
No West Coast?

Hi, yes no west coast in my planning due to health and available driver concern.

My parents although healthy may not to able to take it and in addition my daughter just 5yrs old. There's no major hospital after Greymouth but the driving distance to the next town is long. I'm the sole driver.

Thats in early Jan when i do the booking. Now with Covid, I'll be concern on the availability of healthcare within close proximity.

Perhaps if waiver policy extend to cover my travel date, i may replan to skip Omarama. Will drive down CC to QNT slowly then fly out to AUk directly.

Last edited:

WWH123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No Milford Sound? Can join a day tour on one of your days from Queenstown. Since got elderly folk, can't try many things in Queenstown.

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
No Milford Sound? Can join a day tour on one of your days from Queenstown. Since got elderly folk, can't try many things in Queenstown.

Ya, we are considering the scenic day trip flight to Milford Sound if not too challenging for my parents.

Last edited:

hawkwind

Master Member
Reaction score
No problem for me and my family. Scheduled to travel to New Zealand next week :(
We like cold not hot.

Got to watch out for the road advisories during cold season. Watch some videos how to attach snow chains in case needed.

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What will be your opinions if take tour packages to NZ, to book from our local tour agent organized tour packages or get those tour packages from Trafalgar or InSight?

belgarathc

Reaction score
What will be your opinions if take tour packages to NZ, to book from our local tour agent organized tour packages or get those tour packages from Trafalgar or InSight?
I think this depends on your preferred travelling groups - with mostly fellow Singaporeans or with international tourists.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore to allow general travel to Brunei, New Zealand; travellers to take heed of border measures in these countries

Finally good news, my travel plans to NZ in May was delayed and postponed. My flights and campervan bookings was put on hold, might go there next May
it is unilateral. not bilateral. So SG say they can come in, but that doesn't mean they will welcome people.

Furthermore, if they want to have a travel bubble with Australia, then there are a lot more coordination required

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is unilateral. not bilateral. So SG say they can come in, but that doesn't mean they will welcome people.

Furthermore, if they want to have a travel bubble with Australia, then there are a lot more coordination required

Hopefully, by end of the year, i'm intending to go May 2021 next year (one year after my postponed trip). Fingers crossed, my tickets are still on hold.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do u guys think it's still realistic to make a holiday trip to new zealand at year end (2020)?

wondering if wanna make a booking...

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do u guys think it's still realistic to make a holiday trip to new zealand at year end (2020)?

I also hopeful but realistically I don't think not possible to travel in Dec 2020. If NZ is going to open it border. It will be aussie 1st. If it can travel by June 2021. I will be happy too.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, by end of the year, i'm intending to go May 2021 next year (one year after my postponed trip). Fingers crossed, my tickets are still on hold.
a lot of things can happen from now till may 2021 so maybe maybe not.

wouldn't bet on it.

I also hopeful but realistically I don't think not possible to travel in Dec 2020. If NZ is going to open it border. It will be aussie 1st. If it can travel by June 2021. I will be happy too.

yea likely aussie first.

christine186

Reaction score

International travel still tight. If you plan on a travel, the compulsory SHN would still be there for the time being. Unless you have lots of leaves to bite the SHN, its really better to wait till mid 2021 imo.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.