Back then when boomer generations have big families, is giving away some of their kids a norm?

Multiversal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many have 8-10 children? Is it common for them to give some of the children away?
The boomers never had big families. They had less than 2 kids per household. The TFR started falling from their time onward. A lot of boomers are single...many graduate women in this group, and non graduate boomer men as well.

It was the PGs who had big families.

Boomers are the chewren of PGs. Boomers have five or six siblings.

MegatonNev

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes.... my fifth aunt was given away to a church... my wife's fourth (or was fifth) aunt was given to a family... they sort of know where she is and what's she's doing but never went to reconnect...

mryongtan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The boomers never had big families. They had less than 2 kids per household. The TFR started falling from their time onward. A lot of boomers are single...many graduate women in this group, and non graduate boomer men as well.

yup, it's the PG. boomers are slightly more educated & had less kids.

左青龙右白虎

Reaction score
In early 70s when implementing 2 children policy, yap either gave up for adoption or sale. I nearly got sold since we together 4 siblings. Always got one auntie came my house and persuaded my mum to sell me away (3rd in siblings) to a childless family.

But in my grandma time after Japan occupation, even she had already 3 children also adopted my auntie that both parents were killed during the war.

We are ownself creating our own extinction.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi boomer

Tyeehee

Master Member
Reaction score
If you realised. Those given away one are usually girl. My youngest auntie was also given away. My grandma used to be very bias and dislike daughter. My older auntie did not go to school and is illiterate. Luckily my younger auntie was adopted by a very nice family and she went ahead to university..

katenash

Banned
Reaction score
If you realised. Those given away one are usually girl. My youngest auntie was also given away. My grandma used to be very bias and dislike daughter. My older auntie did not go to school and is illiterate. Luckily my younger auntie was adopted by a very nice family and she went ahead to university..
You never say, I never realise.

But there is wisdom in the older generation lah. Girls bring up liao is to give others for free to earn money for others. Really 赔钱货.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

That’s correct! Boomers had the best time in SG golden peak prime years and enjoys the Medaka MG package 📦 too!
yup, it's the PG. boomers are slightly more educated & had less kids.
pioneers PG were the greatest generation of SG selfless and very family oriented.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.