BAD SERVICE FROM MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC

william8lee

Reaction score
I have bought a system 3 Mitsubishi Electric Inverter and since have a horrible time. Below is the whole stroyline. Please consider carefully before your purchase.
Retrospective Report on Mitsubishi Electric
01-08-2011, Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter System 3 was installed.
03-08-2011, Air becomes stuffy and having difficulty in cooling No. 1 room (MBR) and No. 2 room from around 5am to 8am.
It happened again intermittently for the subsequent days up to now.
11-08-2011, the installer (Gain City) response to my service call and came within 24 hours to check the installation and certified no gas leakage.
12-08-2011, Mitsubishi Electric (ME) technician came after a service call 4 days later on 08-08-2011, tested the aircon and did not detect any fault.
Over the few days the problem happened again, causing disturbance to me and my family in the sleep because the air becomes very stuffy.
I am a light sleeper, once the problem happened, is very difficult for me to get back to sleep again.
14-08-2011, wrote an email to service centre on the issue, NO REPLY for 4 days until on 18-08-2011, only after I made a call to service centre and reply they are still studying in the case. Later Mr Leong, a technical supervisor called and said he will bring 2 units of data logger to install in my premises.
19-08-2011, appointment was made between 10am to 12pm, but after the appointment time was up, I called the service centre and Mr Leong claimed he has totally forgotten about the appointment. He later called and apologised so he came later to fix the logger.
21-08-2011, there was a serious problem in the (MBR) room No. 1. At 9pm, the aircon was not totally cooling at all. It maintained at around 28 to 29 degrees throughout the night. I was not been able to sleep through the night too. No response on whatever setting that was done.
22-08-2011, feeling very frustrated and fatigue, call and wish to speak to the service manager but to no available. Instead they send the technician to collect back the data logger for data.
Late afternoon, called to check about the result on the logger and the receptionist mentioned that she has already called Mr Leong who has promised to call me back by 5pm. But he did not even call.
23-08-2011, Call service centre several times to insist someone of seniority to call me (that include Mr Karlos, the service manager) and totally no response from anyone. Called again to request to speak to the manager in-charge, they said will get a senior officer to contact me. 3pm, Mr Lee (service dept) called and said that the logger data shows my aircon are working perfectly. So I asked about the Sunday night data for the MBR and he said that the logger didn’t capture that MBR at that time and as for room No. 2 was recorded. I was shocked to hear that as I cannot accept what he has said. So I asked him then what should we do from here. His answer was “IF I WANT THEN I SHOULD CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER TO BOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT TO INSTALL THE LOGGER AGAIN!! ” then he hang up on me. I think he should at least help in the arrangement not asking me to call and should not to hang up on me. This is totally uncalled for.

3.30pm, FEELING VERY FRUSTRATED, called to meet the General Manager, and appointment was confirm as the receptionist said that he was in the office.
3.45pm, I went to the service centre to look for the General Manager, the service reception said he was on the phone and ask me take a seat. 10 minutes later, she told me that he was not around. Ask me to proceed to the Asia Office (next building) to see the other General Manager there. So I went over, the receptionist said there were too many General Manager around and which one I would like to see. I told her I would like to see the Service or Sales General Manager, she told me then both also not around. I feel being not respected and humiliate as a customer.
Later she called several times to the service centre trying to beg someone for help and finally managed to get service manager to come over and talk to me, but after waiting for 45 minutes and I was almost about to give up and leave the office, then Mr Karlos and Mr Joe came. We look at the logger data and Mr Joe was also puzzled why the aircon was not able to cool to the set temperature over a long period of time. This is what has happened to the aircon was not able to perform what is supposed to function. Whenever I set a temperature like 21 degrees, it can take the whole night until morning and still not reaching the set temperature. Occasional some worst cases like temperature instead going down, it moves upward to hotter level. They have no clue to the answer and they also admitted that the something wrong in it. Due to that situation, I made my proposal to them as follows;
1. To replace my aircon system with a NEW one, or
2. To return the product, or
3. We will settle the dispute with Consumer Association.
During the conversation of my proposal Mr Joe was worried about what to do if after replacing the unit and the problem still exist, so I assured him if that happen then I will return the product to him. I am puzzled that he as a senior engineer going through numerous of meetings, discussions with other engineers over the last 3 weeks and not able to provide me with a solution, I have totally no faith and confidence in their product and services.
Mr Joe promised to reply me with a favourable reply by 24-08-2011 5pm and Mr Karlos said if they need more time they will definitely call me.
Today until 5pm, nobody call me (empty promises again). So I call Mr Karlos and he said he need more time, and request that he may need to send their engineer down to my place to look at my premises. I rejected his request because I am very sure that it was the equipment problem and not my premises issue. I informed him that I will stand firm to the proposal as mentioned above. As promised to reply me by noon tomorrow.
25-08-2011, 4pm, Mr Karlos called and said after numerous meetings with the engineers, they still need to visit my place (mentioned no more logger install). I highlighted to him that I have given them enough and too much time and inconvenience caused and still they are not giving me a solution to the problem, I have decided that Mtisubishi should take back the product, so as we can move on. He said he will discuss with his general manager and by Monday 30-08-2011 will contact me again.
29-08-2011, This morning was raining heavily, thought weather was cold. Try to set temperature frim 25 degrees to 21 degrees to try as it should cool the room faster, but to my surprise, the temperature instead of moving down, it move up instead, is this call an aircon?? (proofed with video clip attached)
Mr Karlos promise to update me the outcome of his management decision but he failed to contact me again.
So I went to Consumer Association to lodge a complaint about them, but CASE advise the claims should be address to Gain City instead. So go ahead with the claims. Brought down by hand the letter from CASE to hand over to Gain City and met Mr William Seng (Customer Service) said he submit it to his superior and udate me by 02-09-2011. Also he claimed that Mitsubishi Electric has send me a report on their findings that the aircon was not faulty. But until now I have yet to receive it and no response from them anymore. They should at least contact me or follow up to check on the problem but instead they just leave the problem to me to settle. This is definitely not acceptable service standard.
My family has decided that we should not have any dealings with Mitsubishi Electric now and in future.
For past one month, it has been affecting my health due to my sleep was disturbed, my work was affected due to my health. So much inconvenience and frustration caused due to their incapability in resolving problems.

Comments
Service Professionalism:
1. Failure to follow up promptly and not keeping to their promises and commitments.
2. Failure to suggest or reply customer on solution to problems and have no clue to the problems.
3. Failure to commit quick response to customer and follow up job to pre-existing problem.
4. Failure to guide customer to relevant department when in office premises to meet their superior.
5. Failure to handle customer in proper manner in arranging appointment.
6. Failure to accommodate customer to their minimal request in arranging in meeting their superior.
7. Failure to maintain minimal respect and help to customer.
Proposal
1. Request for product return due to incapability of resolving the issue, bad services render, no due respect for c

Kooosh

Reaction score
Good read. I'm sorry for your case. Hopefully Mitsubishi Electrics have improved since then..

This is a very detailed and good case study if you're considering Mitsubishi. As to how true or not I can't vouch for it but I highly doubt anyone would spend so much time and effort in painting such a good "story"..

TS what aircon have you since installed since the returning of Mitsubishi Electric's Starmex?

weisok

Reaction score
I think with their market leadership, not only are they sloppy but their products have deteriorated.

I had the same inverter system in my previous place and aircon was very cold. Other than the half a year, "pouring water" from blower due to lack of cleaning which happened every half year, I was still satisfied as it will go away once cleaning is done.

When I shifted to my new place, I got the contractor to install the same system but it is turning out to be a mistake! Barely four months of using it, the aircon is turning hot and stuffy?! I like to use the silent mode when sleeping but contractor said it should turn on to number 1 or 2 fan speed for coldness *wierd*. Ok, if I was to make a little sacrifice for that, fine. However, even after doing all these, my thermostat showed between 26-28 degrees when I set the aircon temperature to 20 degress?!!

After fixing an appointment which took like 2 weeks, because there is no available slots, the technicians did not turn up at the appointed time! Only a call to their service centre (after a few tries, once got thrown out of the system), then did they say due to a prior job held up, they will be late. If I had not called them, they wouldn't have bothered.

IF you are READING this, think TWICE (sorry should put it MANY times) before you commit to a new Mitsubishi aircon.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like TS got pwned by Karlos who is probably back in the Philipines now blowing smoke at others. :s8:

aceone10

Reaction score
Mitsubishi Electric air con is not cheap. Yet quality like this???? I thought Daikin air con's quality had drop now Mit also

Kooosh

Reaction score
Market like that one ma.. cut cost. Hearsay industry wide every manufacturer use cheaper quality. Ever wonder how last time we can use 10 years not much problems, but now 2 year 3 year problem zuay gor badminton..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.