Basic speakers upgrade recommendations

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stock speakers are just a paper type of speaker, any upgrade will prove better.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for your valuable inputs!

I am driving a simple avante 2019. Fully understand that it will be ideal if I upgrade things such as HU to get the max value from the speakers. However at the moment I would like to take it bit by bit, and honestly I don’t see myself upgrading the non speakers components to keep my car as stock as possible.

perhaps another way of asking is - any recommended speakers to get the best out of my stock HU?
As i had mentioned earlier, you need to actual go down to the audio shop and experience it with your own ears.
No matter how many recommendations you may get from here, only the brands of speakers, thats all.

Mr_Bean

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if your current HU is not equipped with advanced equalizer, it wont help to upgrade speakers.
better speakers need more amps to drive otherwise it will sound worse than stock speakers with stock settings

aspenco

Banned
Reaction score
quick question for audio experts:

my ride comes with factory installed sound system by mark L - amp and sub and speakers. the door speakers are all one way speakers iirc. is it possible to change it to those 3 way or 4 way speakers? will this affect the overall sound quality?

ty

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

my ride comes with factory installed sound system by mark L - amp and sub and speakers. the door speakers are all one way speakers iirc. is it possible to change it to those 3 way or 4 way speakers? will this affect the overall sound quality?

ty
Probably need to do some tuning after upgrades to optimize, that's probably it. I might be wrong though, not an audio expert.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ty
Mark L, is Mark Levinson? :eek:

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ty
Lexus owner spotted.

My advice, drop by Soundwerkz @ Sin Ming. For Mark Levinson upgraders, this is the place to go.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.