best tv for bright living room?

iamneverenough

Reaction score
currently in a dilemma whether to get a LG OLED or the Samsung QLED for my living. My living faces NORTH and in the noon it can get a pretty good amount of sunlight.

Concern is the reflection on the tv screen itself during the day. Any suggestions?

Daily usage of netflix, and also playing of ps5.

qhong61

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently in a dilemma whether to get a LG OLED or the Samsung QLED for my living. My living faces NORTH and in the noon it can get a pretty good amount of sunlight.

Concern is the reflection on the tv screen itself during the day. Any suggestions?

Sony.
Get 3M sunscreen for ur window.

petetherock

Reaction score

I think it's a better idea to pull the curtains, and reduce the glare than to get a TV to overpower the glare.
No TV can eliminate all the reflections / glare.. even the Sony Z9D with 1600 nits cannot do that.
So don't choose a set merely on reflection performance.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Like Pete mentioned above, reflections can't be avoided.

But if your concern is the general bright room conditions, then yes, the higher-tier Samsung QLED TVs would deliver better than most other TVs trying to work against a brightly lit environment.

And this is considering if you are trying not to use options like curtains/blinds/etc. to reduce the brightness of the viewing area.

Last edited:

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
I am considering getting the Samsung frame 2022 due to its anti glare matte screen

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.