Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got Getflix lifetime during the early days, for the sole purpose of watching EPL online from Australia. It worked well only for that.

Never tried hotspot to my TV, i can't be bothered with smart tv, always prefer a dumb tv with a smart versatile box.

U have windscribe right, I will pm u for some help on behalf of a friend.
yes bro I got windscribe but usually only use for Netflix.. no prob will help if within my ability.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Markenson

Reaction score
how it works in Australia?

One more new Surfshark deal with 1 bonus month. Maybe someone already bought it? I still would love to hear someones experience regarding Surfsharks speeds in Australia.

ahger_2311

Reaction score
Charlie. Wads ur review on Windflix??
Does it also has smart dns for lg tv?

I can’t configure router so I can only opt for smart dns for lg tv.
If really can’t then no choice use nvidia shield Liao. At most no Dolby atmos/vision.

And I major noob sia. Super long never download any torrent.. didn’t know can use vpn for torrent. Erm. Any guide on how to use vpn for torrent?

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting findings, especially on the cons. Did you request assistance from their support on the slow speed for OpenVPN. For torrenting, maybe you can try their US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.. Not all server allow torrenting. If you connect to a server that doesn't support torrenting, you will be rerouted to one of the US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.

https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en...3-How-to-use-P2P-Peer-to-Peer-with-Surfshark-

Emailed Surfshark support & tried their method but no improvement so waiting for their reply.

Speed tests were done on a wired connection running Windows 10 with Speedtest app.

1) Connection = Direct, No VPN
Server Ping Download (Mbps) Upload (Mbps)
Singapore 2 577.30 574.77

2) Connection = OpenVPN, TCP
Singapore 361 5.00 18.00

3) Connection = OpenVPN, UDP
Singapore 182 24.71 6.85

4) Connection = IKEv2
Singapore 181 38.50 45.41

Disabled the NetBIOS over TCP/IP and executed commands as specified in support email.

1) Connection = Direct, No VPN
Singapore 1 575.24 577.75

2) Connection = OpenVPN, TCP
Singapore 369 1.91 21.70

3) Connection = OpenVPN, UDP
Singapore 180 9.40 189.19

4) Connection = IKEv2
Singapore 213 35.25 32.35

The ping is very high (>150 ms) when my ISP and the servers are located in the same country.

I was expecting around 100 to 150 Mbps download speed when connecting to a VPN server in the same country as my ISP.

Farish

Reaction score
NordVPN goes on my torrents and is auto activated on my iPhone if I connect to an unknown wifi network. So far, no issues faced and speeds are respectable for a VPN..

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Charlie. Wads ur review on Windflix??
Does it also has smart dns for lg tv?

I can’t configure router so I can only opt for smart dns for lg tv.
If really can’t then no choice use nvidia shield Liao. At most no Dolby atmos/vision.

And I major noob sia. Super long never download any torrent.. didn’t know can use vpn for torrent. Erm. Any guide on how to use vpn for torrent?
for me it serves it's purpose, which is for watching Netflix. I bought the 3 years plan at a very big discount during the last black friday cyber monday which average out to less than $1 per month..

but my router is configured to run on PIA VPN for the whole network because speed performance and track records wise, I still lean towards PIA. stable torrent speed + have ports to forward to when connected to selected servers. if you are using public trackers and don't need the port forward features then you can basically use any of their servers for torrenting. I'm using private trackers for torrenting so having ports is important else nobody would be able to connect to me and my speed ratio will go down the drain. I also extended my PIA during the same sales for 3 years lol.

but that said, windflix don't provide smart DNS for devices that doesn't have their VPN app support. so you'll either need to have the knowledge of configuring it on your Router or go with other VPN providers..

a few months ago I went to subscribe for 1 year worth of Real Debrid service and now I almost totally don't torrent directly anymore.. I just let real debrid torrent the file for me and once done I will just use jdownloader to download the file from the real debrid servers at full gigabit speed without VPN.. :s13:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which vpn to use if I wanna to watch those chinese drama/movies?
huh??? what is your device/media that is delivering the content to you? a mobile app? android box? smart tv? website?

ahger_2311

Reaction score
Charlie!!!! Me oso have real debrid!! I thought that one is just to have more links in shield tv’s app only?!? I didn’t know can torrent also. Omg. I major noob. I need to pm you on how to torrent. How did ya get year plan?
I thought max is 6 months plan only? Tads wad I saw when I subscribed 2 months ago.

Tweaking routers is really impossible for me.

but that said, windflix don't provide smart DNS for devices that doesn't have their VPN app support. so you'll either need to have the knowledge of configuring it on your Router or go with other VPN providers.. <— this means I need to have their vpn app on my lg tv before I can use smart dns? If so then cannot liao. Guess I can only use on shield and live without Dolby atmost and vision

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me it serves it's purpose, which is for watching Netflix. I bought the 3 years plan at a very big discount during the last black friday cyber monday which average out to less than $1 per month..

but my router is configured to run on PIA VPN for the whole network because speed performance and track records wise, I still lean towards PIA. stable torrent speed + have ports to forward to when connected to selected servers. if you are using public trackers and don't need the port forward features then you can basically use any of their servers for torrenting. I'm using private trackers for torrenting so having ports is important else nobody would be able to connect to me and my speed ratio will go down the drain. I also extended my PIA during the same sales for 3 years lol.

but that said, windflix don't provide smart DNS for devices that doesn't have their VPN app support. so you'll either need to have the knowledge of configuring it on your Router or go with other VPN providers..

a few months ago I went to subscribe for 1 year worth of Real Debrid service and now I almost totally don't torrent directly anymore.. I just let real debrid torrent the file for me and once done I will just use jdownloader to download the file from the real debrid servers at full gigabit speed without VPN.. :s13:

Unless u wanna keep those files why do u need to d/l the files? Use use the real debrid app and stream those torrents U added in either vlc or mxplayer

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using those chinese app like mangotv on my MiTV

For China Geo-blocked content, use Transocks 穿梭 or SpeedIn快帆, two of the leading VPN solely for this purpose. Do not use them for other purposes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.