Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

strezzor

Reaction score
Hi guys. I signed up for NordVPN through Shopback with 80% cashback. Did not read this thread properly and saw that they had a data breach before and something about automatic recurring subscription being notoriously hard to cancel.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of paying using a CC. I have already emailed them to request for cancellation of automatic recurring subscription but I am also still within the 30-day cashback guarantee period. Should I just request for cashback, cancel my NordVPN account (is this even possible) then subscribe again?

newfrog

Reaction score
Hi guys. I signed up for NordVPN through Shopback with 80% cashback. Did not read this thread properly and saw that they had a data breach before and something about automatic recurring subscription being notoriously hard to cancel.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of paying using a CC. I have already emailed them to request for cancellation of automatic recurring subscription but I am also still within the 30-day cashback guarantee period. Should I just request for cashback, cancel my NordVPN account (is this even possible) then subscribe again?

Top 5 FAQ shows how to cancel recurring subs, just click, fill in the form and mine was cancelled the next day.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Side track here do people actually subscribe to the Hulu live TV channels or just the regular Hulu for stuff like national geographic and discovery and HGTV.

And Disney+ too.

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T

chesterchen

Reaction score
My first time with Shopback, signing up for my NordVPN account.

The email came about 2 hours later, after the signup, saying that the cashback is pending.

Anyway, NordVPN (set to auto-connect) works flawlessly to unblock US Netflix on my Android TV (Sony), and could even do 4K without buffering (set to Highest quality instead of Auto in the Netflix setting).

schlep

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone here uses Smart DNS to access geoblocked websites like Amazon Video and Hulu?
I tried Getflix and TrickByte and both didn't work. The status of my connection in both websites was fine. But when I tried to access Amazon Video or Hulu, it would not let me enter. Even worse, I cannot even go to Amazon.com when my Smart DNS is activated.

Just putting it out there in case anyone managed to resolve it.

newfrog

Reaction score
My first time with Shopback, signing up for my NordVPN account.

The email came about 2 hours later, after the signup, saying that the cashback is pending.

Shopback rejected my purchase so I have cancelled my signup. Now waiting for refund before looking for another deal.

IndianChief

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This nordvpn...wah lau, on fire tv, using AU, NL servers keep giving proxy error when using prime or netflix

IndianChief

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Why you wanna do so much of badminton pattern?

Just ask them to cancel auto recurring and be done with it

IndianChief

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shopback rejected my purchase so I have cancelled my signup. Now waiting for refund before looking for another deal.

It must be a brand new nordpvn account then get cashback. Cannot use existing account. Not sure if this was why it got rejected, but just fyi

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Side track here do people actually subscribe to the Hulu live TV channels or just the regular Hulu for stuff like national geographic and discovery and HGTV.

And Disney+ too.

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T
I've got Hulu & Disney+, both need to VPN to USA and watch.

kw442

Master Member
Reaction score
My cashback was rejected before when I used non Shopback coupon or the seller's coupon.

newfrog

Reaction score
It must be a brand new nordpvn account then get cashback. Cannot use existing account. Not sure if this was why it got rejected, but just fyi

I m first time user to nordvpn so its new account. Shopback listed many reasons for rejection and one of likely ones could be there were 3 nordvpn offers but with different codes. Maybe it didnt like me clicking on all 3 offers but only used one of the new tabs opened.

Edit: Customer service is very responsive. Refund received in 3 biz days when they said 5-10 biz days. Only lost $3 on the foreign exchange charges but waiting to see if Dash can waive it

Last edited:

xiaofan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally cancelled my purevpn subscription after one year of usage. I actually forgot to cancel in advance and they charge the renewal fee already and it is pretty high. But their customer service is pretty okay and refunded the credit card charge.

So lesson learned is to cancel recurring payment as early as possible.

Currently using:
Paid AJS China VPN for China geo blocked contents. RMB198 or around S$40 per year.

Occasionally using free Astrill Android VPN and Windscribe 20GB free VPN.

Occasionally using V2Ray/Trojan on free Oracle Cloud, for testing only.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.