Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have just subscribed to youku 酷喵 and using Malus vpn with it. Seems like Malus is slow for 4K streaming during peak hours (6pm to 12am) with constant buffering. No issue during the day or after hours so i don't think there is anything wrong with my connection. Anyone has a faster alternative to recommend? Thanks in advance.

If you are aiming for consistent 4K streaming it may not be easy with any of the leading Going-into-China VPNs like Transocks, AJS, Malus, SpeedCN and SpeedIn. 1080p should be more consistent and 720p should not be an issue.

On the other hand, lots of contents for 酷喵(Youku TV) version does not need VPN since you have the VIP.

tmster

Reaction score
If you are aiming for consistent 4K streaming it may not be easy with any of the leading Going-into-China VPNs like Transocks, AJS, Malus, SpeedCN and SpeedIn. 1080p should be more consistent and 720p should not be an issue.

On the other hand, lots of contents for 酷喵(Youku TV) version does not need VPN since you have the VIP.

4K is nice for sure but like you have mentioned it is hard to find a fast vpn for china, fairly limited choices. Good things is most of the drama and variety shows can watch without vpn, however most new movies are geo-blocked.

Transocks seems like quite popular, is it stable?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4K is nice for sure but like you have mentioned it is hard to find a fast vpn for china, fairly limited choices. Good things is most of the drama and variety shows can watch without vpn, however most new movies are geo-blocked.
Transocks seems like quite popular, is it stable?

I have not used Transocks but it is the popular choice. You can go for it.

I myself use AJS which probably has the highest number of servers among the providers.

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
does anyone know which VPN providers have better IP reputation? Don't mind paying a premium to avoid those damn captchas from google.

Edit: forgot to mention I am on surfshark, freaking captchas everytime i google something in a new session.

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone know which VPN providers have better IP reputation? Don't mind paying a premium to avoid those damn captchas from google.

Edit: forgot to mention I am on surfshark, freaking captchas everytime i google something in a new session.
get an vpn provider, that provides u a privately assigned ip to u.

its hard because the ip shared and its often blacklisted by google.

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get an vpn provider, that provides u a privately assigned ip to u.

its hard because the ip shared and its often blacklisted by google.
Where to get vpn with privately assigned up?

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VPN unlimited has this option ,Other vpns also
Ok thanks

never sign up for vpn before

moat say good but someone will say no good

checking vpn unlimited
Wow expensive $149

is this one-time payment?

lifetime use pay once?

anybody using this service?

worry they close shop too soon

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok
Please help

need vpn to access American site

eg netflix, sho time ,

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

localITguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
About to sign up

read that VPN is for public wifi?

What that mean?
its just a marketing term la.

means if u use public and turn on this vpn . u are safe as its encrypted

lalachong

Reaction score
Anybody use nordvpn?
I am using it. Overall good deal if using shopback.. paid net about $30++ for 2 year package after the Cashback.. Bought it during some shopback sale.. and I managed to get Cashback after about 3-4 months. The speed is good overall. For VPN Netflix, it's a hit and miss for USA servers, but UK and Japan all ok. They also have the onion over VPN (EU servers) which I tested and stopped, got worried because the exit node was Iran...

nez

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using it. Overall good deal if using shopback.. paid net about $30++ for 2 year package after the Cashback.. Bought it during some shopback sale.. and I managed to get Cashback after about 3-4 months. The speed is good overall. For VPN Netflix, it's a hit and miss for USA servers, but UK and Japan all ok. They also have the onion over VPN (EU servers) which I tested and stopped, got worried because the exit node was Iran...

I ever select onion over vpn before. What is the concern for it?

lalachong

Reaction score
I ever select onion over vpn before. What is the concern for it?
i'm not sure of technical details... but i read onion over vpn was supposed to be 'extreme' privacy mode. the thing is i chose Norway server, but when i checked the exit node and ip address, the location is listed as Iran. So, i'd rather avoid using it altogether with Iran being a sanctioned country.

nez

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure of technical details... but i read onion over vpn was supposed to be 'extreme' privacy mode. the thing is i chose Norway server, but when i checked the exit node and ip address, the location is listed as Iran. So, i'd rather avoid using it altogether with Iran being a sanctioned country.

yea. I am a noob, so I only know it is “extreme” privacy mode. :o
But what do you mean by sanctioned country?

lalachong

Reaction score
yea. I am a noob, so I only know it is “extreme” privacy mode. :o
But what do you mean by sanctioned country?

Iran is reportedly financing terrorists, so UN, USA and EU have imposed restrictions in trades with Iran. Iran also imposes censorship in their internet.
So, I think there may also be government hackers working behind the scenes to circumvent the censorship/ sanctions, which makes me think that Iran being an exit node is not safe. This is my personal opinion though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.