Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

trepies

Reaction score
VPN Sharing add-on

Share your computer VPN connection with all your devices

vpn_sharing_addon.jpg

Summary

You can enable VPN Sharing from Astrill application and share either OpenWeb or OpenVPN/StealthVPN connection, and then simply adjust network connection settings on your devices to utilize your computer VPN connection. VPN Sharing addon is affordable, and you only need a computer with Windows, Mac OS X or Linux operating system to use this addon.

There is no limit of how many devices you can connect with VPN Sharing. However a typical modem/router will allow you to connect up to 254 devices.

Share OpenVPN or StealthVPN connection from your PC with other devices (no special hardware or router needed). You just share VPN connection from your Windows, Mac or Linux PC at US$1 per month.

i got this from the website as well. Just wondering are there any condition to share the VPN, e.g your PC/MAC must be connected via LAN then share the VPN thru wifi.

THe description seem pretty vague. ANy bro here has the VPN sharing addon?

oric1

Reaction score
i got this from the website as well. Just wondering are there any condition to share the VPN, e.g your PC/MAC must be connected via LAN then share the VPN thru wifi.

THe description seem pretty vague. ANy bro here has the VPN sharing addon?

Just checked with their online support and he said PC/MAC can be connect to WIFI for sharing out to other mobile devices.

Gondon72

Master Member
Reaction score
just wondering which one is better for streaming china website show. Astrill or Vyprvpn? will be using pc and mediabox for streaming show.

would like your advice as first time researching for this. Thanks.

Sensational

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just signed on to the astrill 1 year plan. so far so good. streaming overseas site and loading baidu all okay. At least there is no buffering or anything.

nez

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just signed on to the astrill 1 year plan. so far so good. streaming overseas site and loading baidu all okay. At least there is no buffering or anything.
For 1 PC or any devices connect to your router?

oric1

Reaction score
For 1 PC or any devices connect to your router?

Unfortunately Astrill only allowed 1 device to be connected at any one time unless you have ProAddon, Home Plan or VPN Sharing which will cost you extra every month.

However, if you install their VPN applet (it's free) on your router, you can have multiple devices using the VPN at the same time but you'll need an ASUS router with ASUSWRT-Merlin Firmware or any DD-WRT flashed routers. I had it installed on my ASUS AC87U & ASUS N66U. Very easy to set it up, just follow the link below.

Astrill Setup Manual:Getting started with ASUS Merlin firmware for routers

Astrill Setup Manual:Installing Astrill VPN applet onto your DD-WRT flashed routers

Last edited:

weird

Master Member
Reaction score
Can VPN use to passby China's internet wall and use gmail/ facebook/ google map?

nez

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Astrill only allowed 1 device to be connected at any one time unless you have ProAddon, Home Plan or VPN Sharing which will cost you extra every month.

However, if you install their VPN applet (it's free) on your router, you can have multiple devices using the VPN at the same time but you'll need an ASUS router with ASUSWRT-Merlin Firmware or any DD-WRT flashed routers. I had it installed on my ASUS AC87U & ASUS N66U. Very easy to set it up, just follow the link below.

Astrill Setup Manual:Installing Astrill VPN applet onto your DD-WRT flashed routers

Thanks for the clarification & advise bro.
The freedom VPN provided by ViewQwest seems to be much less hassle since it is already at router level.

kira86

Master Member
Reaction score
VQ's freedom vpn is not a true vpn.
it only unblocks geo restricted sites, it does not hide ur true ip .

oric1

Reaction score
The freedom VPN provided by ViewQwest seems to be much less hassle since it is already at router level.

No problem, bro :)

For those who want more flexibilities, this applet is able to do Device, WiFi or Site filtering at router level.

I love the Device filtering because not all the devices in my home needs to go through VPN. Any devices going through the VPN will slow down the connection speed as opposed to those that don't.

starfish.starfish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I just subscribed to unotelly cos easier than astrill on router, just need to change the DNS. Enough to for me to watch Netflix and PPTV.

PA3131T

Master Member
Reaction score

When I trial Astrill sometime back, CSO told me can be connected on 1 X PC at the same time with 1 X phone/tablet...

I tested n it does work but not sure if it still work now...

PA3131T

Master Member
Reaction score

VQ's freedom vpn is not a true vpn.
it only unblocks geo restricted sites, it does not hide ur true ip .

One of the way to check I guess is this... https://www.iplocation.net/

Any VQ user care to share what u see from the above?

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought VQ Freedom is like Smart DNS and unotelly but I find unotelly with VQ seems to be better than the VQ freedom

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.