Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I intend to apply for one of these providers for VPN (first timer).

What country do we actually select to connect to? Singapore still? server-wise we can just let them detect the optimal one automatically right?

You need to be more specific on what you are using it for.

For gaming, for torrenting and more usually requires a different VPN. Such as a VPN meant for torrenting so they'll allow a high bandwidth for that purpose. Or for gaming, well, that one is questionable since some of our ISP can offer lower latency since u are not going through a lot more hops since you must add going through the VPN server as well.

For example, I was getting 72ms to Korea while those on WTFast VPN was getting 93ms to Korean server.

How did I connect to overseas servers at will and block the other game servers?
The Netgear XR500 with the DumaOS. Choose which server to block and which server u want to join. Then let the game's matchmaking put you into that server.
Best part is, no such thing as subscription fees.

blackwaltz3

Reaction score
You need to be more specific on what you are using it for.

For gaming, for torrenting and more usually requires a different VPN. Such as a VPN meant for torrenting so they'll allow a high bandwidth for that purpose. Or for gaming, well, that one is questionable since some of our ISP can offer lower latency since u are not going through a lot more hops since you must add going through the VPN server as well.

For example, I was getting 72ms to Korea while those on WTFast VPN was getting 93ms to Korean server.

How did I connect to overseas servers at will and block the other game servers?
The Netgear XR500 with the DumaOS. Choose which server to block and which server u want to join. Then let the game's matchmaking put you into that server.
Best part is, no such thing as subscription fees.

I see, thanks. I wont be gaming or torrenting as much, it is more for streaming hd/uhd stuff on a tv box. so latency would not be as much of a problem i believe? generally would people still select singaporean server to connect for this purpose?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is TorGuard, PIA good for NetFlix US usage ?
I'm on PIA configured to my router, means all devices including IoT gadgets which are connected via the router is covered... Netflix will detect and prevent the stream to start if I attempt the use the app directly on my phone...

but.... if I ask Google Assistant via the Google home device to play "whatever" show/movie on Netflix on my tv that has Chromecast, it will play and stream without the prompt about accessing via a proxy..

so if your main reason for getting a VPN service is.to bypass geological restrictions for Netflix. PIA is not a good choice..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

hotyrole

Reaction score
thanks for sharing

yes PIA is out for my listing then

I am checking if TorGuard will be good

Came from VPX/ Golden Frog , but they were a little laggy

alvino

Reaction score
thanks for sharing

yes PIA is out for my listing then

I am checking if TorGuard will be good

Came from VPX/ Golden Frog , but they were a little laggy
Used torguard for 2 years terminated it 6 months ago. . Netflix will detect sg still showing only local content.

wlun228

Reaction score

So have you manage to find any good VPN for Netflix us ?

So far I tried
Vyprvpn is good but exp
Nordvpn seems abit slow
Pure VPN unable to connect so I cancel immediately.

Still looking for Good VPN for Netflix at less than $3 per month

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
I'm trying out a Singapore based VPN called Ivacy. Surprisingly good with decent speeds for torrents/games. Average around 80mbps on us servers and am able to Netflix without any issues.

1 issue I'm facing now is....I can't seem to turn it off on Netflix. Keep seeing us content only.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm trying out a Singapore based VPN called Ivacy. Surprisingly good with decent speeds for torrents/games. Average around 80mbps on us servers and am able to Netflix without any issues.

1 issue I'm facing now is....I can't seem to turn it off on Netflix. Keep seeing us content only.

Can. Access China & Korean drama?

hotyrole

Reaction score
So have you manage to find any good VPN for Netflix us ?

So far I tried
Vyprvpn is good but exp
Nordvpn seems abit slow
Pure VPN unable to connect so I cancel immediately.

Still looking for Good VPN for Netflix at less than $3 per month

I am looking at Ivacy now
https://www.ivacy.com/lifetime-package/

$1 /mth for 5 years
Cheaper than VyrVPN (MyRepublic Offer of $5/mth)

-Synchronicity-,
You sure you can access US based content ?
Is it configured at Router level ?

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
I am looking at Ivacy now
https://www.ivacy.com/lifetime-package/

$1 /mth for 5 years
Cheaper than VyrVPN (MyRepublic Offer of $5/mth)

-Synchronicity-,
You sure you can access US based content ?
Is it configured at Router level ?

Very sure. Yes, it's configured at router level. You have to check with the support for Netflix though. The server which is used for Netflix isn't listed in their support.

I just finished the new season of supernatural. Watched it via my Samsung smart TV and also on the go on mobile.

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using Astrill and PIA.

Astrill is expensive but I highly encourage anyone to share their accounts with their friends. For the number of accounts, features and servers, its worth it.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Like many people say, what works for now may not work in the future.

Netflix is a very big and growing corporation. They will try to fix all these hacks.

In the mean time, save your money and just install apps on an android box. All the series are available.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can. Access China & Korean drama?

No idea as I don't watch any. How to test? I try for you.

PMed you.............

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I go to China quite often.

Used all the services already. The best is still AC VPN, go google it.
It's the most underrated service I know and It's convenient to use with apps and such. The speed is good enough for my usage in SG, I don't even feel it's on.

They have a ******* ton of options to bypass and their bandwidth are not overloaded like expressvpn, etc.

Remember to sub before going. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.