Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

stiwipl

Reaction score
how does purevpn stack up against astrill ?

Not comparable really. You can't really compare the VPN providers offering lifetime service with Astrill, which apart from Black Friday and some anniversaries doesn't go on sale.

I have been using vpn.ac for the past month and I must say they are a very good mid-priced VPN provider. 6 connections, good security options. VPNREV discount code makes it $40 per annum. I especially like their SecureProxy addons for Opera, Firefox, Chrome. What is nice about them compared to Astrill for example, is that they can work independently. That means you can have Opera set to US, Firefox to UK etc. I like the data centers they are using, they seem to be less "blocked" in day to day life. They have also Socks5 proxy for torrenting if someone cares. Speeds are great both for VPN and SecureProxy. Their Mac app is not super polished like Astrill, but it does its job. All their servers default to US Netflix which works.

Edit: Cyber16 coupon makes it $32 for Black Friday (recurring discount).

Last edited:

tree

Reaction score
Not comparable really. You can't really compare the VPN providers offering lifetime service with Astrill, which apart from Black Friday and some anniversaries doesn't go on sale.

I have been using vpn.ac for the past month and I must say they are a very good mid-priced VPN provider. 6 connections, good security options. VPNREV discount code makes it $40 per annum. I especially like their SecureProxy addons for Opera, Firefox, Chrome. What is nice about them compared to Astrill for example, is that they can work independently. That means you can have Opera set to US, Firefox to UK etc. I like the data centers they are using, they seem to be less "blocked" in day to day life. They have also Socks5 proxy for torrenting if someone cares. Speeds are great both for VPN and SecureProxy. Their Mac app is not super polished like Astrill, but it does its job. All their servers default to US Netflix which works.

Edit: Cyber16 coupon makes it $32 for Black Friday (recurring discount).

How is the above for China streaming?

Thanks!

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
15232337_1339259982791483_7808208491202501240_n.png

Not too bad, $100 for 2 years including the ProAddon, I think it's the same deal like last year?But this year it seems 24 hours only, I think last time they run it through whole weekend until Monday.
Sexpensive man. I paid USD80 two years back and got the pro addon AND the free router also.

pulsecch

Reaction score
HK server is useless, confirmed + chopped cannot stream from China.

singapore server also cannot, it's not so much of the location apparently... i tried using AWS EC2 to VPN, last year can, this year cannot

apparently they use deep packeting <something, i forgot the word> like they look into the content of the packet, got some people try to obfuscate... too tedious don't wanna try... didn't stay long enough

your expedrience?

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
singapore server also cannot, it's not so much of the location apparently... i tried using AWS EC2 to VPN, last year can, this year cannot

apparently they use deep packeting <something, i forgot the word> like they look into the content of the packet, got some people try to obfuscate... too tedious don't wanna try... didn't stay long enough

your expedrience?

deep packet inspection i believe is what you meant

stiwipl

Reaction score
Sexpensive man. I paid USD80 two years back and got the pro addon AND the free router also.

Does it make it a bad deal? Tomorrow it will be $170 for the same including free router, but I have already got one from them before. They don't have much of the value anyway. It is not the HW that I would pay for.

tree

Reaction score
HK server is useless, confirmed + chopped cannot stream from China.

But somebody recommended Windscribe VPN for smooth china streaming, and there's no china, only HK server there..?

Can we pls get some confirmation that PureVPN can't work.. cos it has many servers in china and it is considered affordable..

Thanks!

oric1

Reaction score
But somebody recommended Windscribe VPN for smooth china streaming, and there's no china, only HK server there..?

Can we pls get some confirmation that PureVPN can't work.. cos it has many servers in china and it is considered affordable..

Thanks!

Instead of asking around, why not sign-up 7 days free trial for PureVPN and try it yourself? As for Windscribe, why not you submit Support ticket at their website and get the answer from the horse's mouth :D

oric1

Reaction score
Astrill is offering 3 months free membership for new user only for the Black Friday deal (24-hour only)

Astrill%20BF_zpstyvbqonu.jpg~original

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Astrill is offering 3 months free membership for new user only for the Black Friday deal (24-hour only)

Astrill%20BF_zpstyvbqonu.jpg~original

saw this but when i want to subscribe the page changed to the 2 yr plan again..... in the end subscribe to torguard.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.