Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nice ... thanks!

btw, what's the best way to watch HBO (for GOT new season). i think no longer can watch via netflix?
I give up and now watching movies and series using kodi

Sent from HUAWEI SHT-AL09 using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By some reviews Surfshark is rated as one of top performers when it comes to Netflix, I think they unlocked 6 or 7 countries. For those planning to try it out follow this link to get 83% discount. It's a working coupon code, tbh there's lots of those lying around on tech forums.
GREATSHARK is the website's default referral code or your own embedded referral code???

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

WongThyme

Reaction score
Haven't tried a lot of vpns yet but I would recommend nordvpn because the price is really good compared to other vpns. Works fine for streaming and browsing the web, haven't used it for gaming cuz that seems unnecessary anyway.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Windscribe’s windflix service is rubbish for me.

Can barely get 5Mbps on Fast.com for both US and UK Windflix servers on wired connection to my Smart TV. Unable to get HD stream on Netflix.

Local direct isp connection to Fast.com gets me 180Mbps.

Don’t waste your time with these companies that offer lifetime subscription if you need streaming services.

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Windscribe’s windflix service is rubbish for me.

Can barely get 5Mbps on Fast.com for both US and UK Windflix servers on wired connection to my Smart TV. Unable to get HD stream on Netflix.

Local direct isp connection to Fast.com gets me 180Mbps.

Don’t waste your time with these companies that offer lifetime subscription if you need streaming services.
it used to work great for me.
nowadays it is not consistent.
i've got purevpn also.. and it works fine

hotyrole

Reaction score
yes lifetime works for me

Using on myrepublic, with Windscribe windlifx service , no lag for me

urbanbootless

Reaction score

Lifetime subscription usually is a bad idea for streaming. In order for streaming services to work you usually need to add new servers constantly and that doesn't come cheap, if you don't get money from monthly/yearly subscriptions this can become a problem. There's a post about lifetime subs and their setbacks. I'm not saying it's always a bad idea but better to test it first.

urbanbootless

Reaction score
This might be not the hottest news but I just noticed that ExpressVPN went through an audit by Cure53. I was surprised because the same company audited Surfshark for exact same reasons (extension security). ExpressVPN had 8 issues while Surfshark only 2. I have no doubts ExpressVPN is a top-notch product and one of the leaders in VPN industry, any users here feel worried or satisfied by the findings in the report?

urbanbootless

Reaction score
Whats a good VPN to use for both daily and also gaming? (mainly WoW, Dota 2 etc.)

For online gaming you need a VPN with good ping. If you check a couple previous pages in this thread you'll see many different recommendations. I personally use Surfshark, I get 10 ping on most of their servers and it rarely changes, without a VPN my ping is 3ms. I played LOL and Diablo 3 on it. Another thing is they have Whitelister, if you don't need a VPN on for some games (but don't want to turn it off) you can whitelist them and their traffic will go through ISP servers. I think both of these are good for gamers, plus it's cheap, below I posted a working coupon for a good discount.

From what I've heard ExpressVPN performs well when it comes to gaming. It's pretty expensive but overall a high quality service with huge community base. And search around for other gaming-friendly VPNs, it's best to do a comparison and pick the one that suits your needs most.

Edited: I see VyprVPN is ranked highly for gaming too, haven't used that so can't comment, maybe worth a check.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommended VPN for kugou music? I assume free vpn is useless lol

Try free Transocks 穿梭 VPN and it should work for QQ Music and Kugou Music. Also take note that Xiami music does not need VPN. Personally I paid for QQ Music VIP 绿钻豪华版 and then no need VPN already.

For China geo-blocked content basically you have only three good choices.

1) Transocks ads supported free version and Pro paid version.
2) SpeedIn free line and paid VIP line
3) ChinaTunnel VPN paid

Among the two free choices Transocks ads supported version is the best.

For SpeedIn, free line is not good, you can check in to get 30 minutes VIP line access per day. Paid version of SpeedIn is cheaper than Transocks.

ChinaTunnel was free and the best for Android but required root access and now the free service stopped. The author started the ChinaTunnel VPN paid service and you can try it as well.

Ref: some other relevant info for China geo-blocked Entertainment contents

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...one-chinese-entertainment-apps-5929935-3.html

Last edited:

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i using Transocks paid version on TV

if mobile just use the free one will do

1 paid account can connect 2 device ...just email support will do

speed is good...no lag at all

Cons of transock
not all android box are supported

i have purevpn on my laptop as well
purevpn connect on android box last time ok
but since nov intermittent problem
thats the reason i go for transock TV app.

caramon

Reaction score
Any good no log vpn that allow port forwarding?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.