Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Any vpn good for iptv ? No gaming needed. Best if can install at router and all devices get to VPNed seamlessly.

ExpressVPN very good feature and good documentation. But too ex

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any vpn good for iptv ? No gaming needed. Best if can install at router and all devices get to VPNed seamlessly.

ExpressVPN very good feature and good documentation. But too ex

Which IPTV? If for Chinese live TV, no need VPN. There are plenty of apps for that.

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Which IPTV? If for Chinese live TV, no need VPN. There are plenty of apps for that.
Malaysia type of iptv. The reason for VPN is when I travel out of singapore, still can use via vpn by connecting to Malaysia or sing server

shachok86

Reaction score
Malaysia type of iptv. The reason for VPN is when I travel out of singapore, still can use via vpn by connecting to Malaysia or sing server

most vpn i try works with malaysia iptv...just connect to SG server...

dayfornight

Reaction score
Hi, Anyone using/used Surfshark ?
Read abit online that they are new, not many servers yet. Started off very good, but recent reviews at those VPN blogs, shows that they are starting to lag & having issues.
I need one non-exp. VPN for regional travel and streaming Netflix.
Used ExpressVPN before when i'm in china, only complain over the 2.5 months, is 2x times system down for 1~2 days, because china blocking VPN, stop using because too exp. already.

Any feedbacks on surfshark ?

urbanbootless

Reaction score
Hi, Anyone using/used Surfshark ?
Read abit online that they are new, not many servers yet. Started off very good, but recent reviews at those VPN blogs, shows that they are starting to lag & having issues.
I need one non-exp. VPN for regional travel and streaming Netflix.
Used ExpressVPN before when i'm in china, only complain over the 2.5 months, is 2x times system down for 1~2 days, because china blocking VPN, stop using because too exp. already.

Any feedbacks on surfshark ?

I think there are several Surfshark users here. I agree with you that they should add more servers, 800+ is enough but comparing to other providers it's not that much. I haven't noticed any lags TBH and Netflix works fine, this time it's a plus they are relatively new in the market because Netflix heavily targets well known VPN providers, I haven't been blocked from Netflix while on Surfshark at all. About China, I know it worked there but Chinese are really putting pressure on many VPNs, I can't speak from experience here, maybe somebody tried it in China recently? One thing is that all Surfsharks servers are obfuscated and that's important when using a VPN in countries where it's illegal. I posted a discount coupon some time ago here, I can see it still works, guess they're keeping those alive while the user base is growing.

wind30

Reaction score
Looking for a new VPN, mainly Netflix USA and japan.

Anyone been on a VPN for longer than a year can feedback?

I have been using VyprVPN for a year and it works ok for USA Netflix but japan Netflix is blocked. Thus looking for new provider.

Anyone with wannaflix? Seems to promise unblocking jap vpn

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any real company standard of vpn?

What do you mean?

For many companies if you want to have remote access to the company internal network, then you have to use VPN for the remote access.

In our case, only company issued laptop can be used and two factor authentication is also required.

If just for email, then usually you can access through the web.

Downloader

Reaction score
Any previous and current VQ FDNS users jumped ship or thinking of jumping ship? What VPN or Smart DNS will work or has a history of working around Netflix frequent blocks?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which VPN to use if I want to hide my torrent movie downloading?

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wanna ask spoonfeed question, assuming I have setup a VPN client at my ASUS router (if need to flash to Merlin FW), how do I set a certain specific LAN IP to only utilise the VPN service whilst the rest of my devices can still freely connect to non VPN connection?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wanna ask spoonfeed question, assuming I have setup a VPN client at my ASUS router (if need to flash to Merlin FW), how do I set a certain specific LAN IP to only utilise the VPN service whilst the rest of my devices can still freely connect to non VPN connection?
use the routing table at the bottom under the openvpn client tab..

firstly please make sure you have reserved static IP for those devices..

the last radio button is a killswitch for the selected devices. if you select "yes", no internet traffic will be allowed on the listed devices if your vpn server is disconnected. if you select "no", then the listed devices will fallback and connect to the public WAN again.

the routing policy in this pic is set for the listed devices to connect thru vpn while all non listed devices to connect thru public WAN.

just need to click on source IP dropdown list to select the device, then click Iface dropdown and select VPN and click add.. destination will be auto populated as 0.0.0.0.

if you wish to do the opposite and have the devices in the list to have public WAN access while all others on VPN, select WAN instead of VPN under the "Iface" dropdown list when adding the device/source IP.

*edit* sorry forget to mention something important. you need to change the "Redirect Internet Traffic" option first before the policy routing table will even appear.. :s13:
ZRmBJXm.jpg

tfGO0YU.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.