Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I already have vpn ac but it only unlocks USA Netflix.

May I know which vpn unblock the most Netflix countries?
I'm not sure about other VPNs. I'm using windscribe and pia.. but if you're looking to unlock geo-restricted Netflix libraries then don't choose pia..

I use windscribe for Netflix and it can connect to US, Canada, Japan and UK Netflix contents.

if you just want to watch geo-restricted streaming and don't really care for the other features of a VPN, you can get using a smart DNS service like Getflix instead.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which VPN are you currently using? Sometimes, sideloading an older netflix version works on android.

There are only a handful of vpn that still works with Netflix.

Surfshark
NordVPN
ExpressVPN
Cyberghost
IPVanish
VyprVPN
PrivateVPN
etc...

I have only used Surfshark and NordVPN as these 2 providers do not keep browsing history, keep any logs or timestamps of IP address etc, and the speed is pretty good even for FHD streaming with no limit on bandwidth. I've not tried the rest of the VPN that I have listed above. Also, I didn't try out other Netflix countries other than USA and Japan.

Surfshark unlocks 8 countries. https://surfshark.com/use-cases/unblock-netflix

Here are some resources that you can refer to on your choice of VPN. Personally I think Netflix Japan and USA has the most content, you don't really need to connect to other Netflix countries if your content can be found in Japan and USA.

https://thebestvpn.com/118-vpns-logging-policy/
https://www.finder.com/sg/netflix-singapore-vs-world-content

Hope this helps.

Hi. I already have vpn ac but it only unlocks USA Netflix.

May I know which vpn unblock the most Netflix countries?

Last edited:

ahger_2311

Reaction score
Charlie: I have never heard of smart dns till today lolol.
Does smart dns unlock more regions of Netflix when compared to Windscribe?

Path: currently using vpn ac which only unlocks USA Netflix.. tads why lookin for new one to unlock more regions of Netflix
Surfshark no need to tweak the router right?

I’m it noob sia. Hoping to use app than to tweak the router cuz it’s too hard for me..

I’m hoping to use it on my lg tv, shield nvidia, pc and iPhone..

Last edited:

maddyks

Reaction score
Just a heads up on SurfShark - price (for 24 month plan) has changed to 2.49USD/month from the previous 1.99 USD/month. If you want the old 1.99USD/month, the 3 year plan comes to 1.94USD/month.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad to say, i have Getflix, it doesn't work with Netflix.

Surfshark has app for android, ios, mac os, Windows, so u dun need to meddle with your router. I'm not sure about LG TV, never had one.

Charlie: I have never heard of smart dns till today lolol.
Does smart dns unlock more regions of Netflix when compared to Windscribe?

Path: currently using vpn ac which only unlocks USA Netflix.. tads why lookin for new one to unlock more regions of Netflix
Surfshark no need to tweak the router right?

I’m it noob sia. Hoping to use app than to tweak the router cuz it’s too hard for me..

I’m hoping to use it on my lg tv, shield nvidia, pc and iPhone..

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You are right! Thx!

Heads up to those who pmed me, and yet to sign up, the price is now USD 0.97 per month, but with 36 month plan.

Just a heads up on SurfShark - price (for 24 month plan) has changed to 2.49USD/month from the previous 1.99 USD/month. If you want the old 1.99USD/month, the 3 year plan comes to 1.94USD/month.

kw442

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My personal findings after using Surfshark for a few days.

Pros
  1. Cheap pricing, USD 1.99/0.99 per month so USD 47.76/23.76‬ billable every 2 years.
  2. Able to unlock US, UK & Japan Netflix.
  3. Simple & easy to use client.

Cons
  1. Slow speeds using both OpenVPN TCP & UDP protocols even when connected to sg, my or id servers. (Tests were done using the Speedtest app on a wired connection. Compared to Torguard).
  2. Slow BitTorrent speed and no port forwarding ability.
  3. No proxy server address/IP provided.
  4. Cannot select/specify an exact server/IP to connect to.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My personal findings after using Surfshark for a few days.

Pros
  1. Cheap pricing, USD 1.99/0.99 per month so USD 47.76/23.76‬ billable every 2 years.
  2. Able to unlock US, UK & Japan Netflix.
  3. Simple & easy to use client.

Cons
  1. Slow speeds using both OpenVPN TCP & UDP protocols even when connected to sg, my or id servers. (Tests were done using the Speedtest app on a wired connection. Compared to Torguard).
  2. Slow BitTorrent speed and no port forwarding ability.
  3. No proxy server address/IP provided.
  4. Cannot select/specify an exact server/IP to connect to.

Interesting findings, especially on the cons. Did you request assistance from their support on the slow speed for OpenVPN. For torrenting, maybe you can try their US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.. Not all server allow torrenting. If you connect to a server that doesn't support torrenting, you will be rerouted to one of the US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.

https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en...3-How-to-use-P2P-Peer-to-Peer-with-Surfshark-

You can get top-notch P2P speeds while using our US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.

You may also use P2P on any other server, but you will be rerouted to our servers located in Netherlands or Canada depending on your physical location.

No additional set up needs to be done in our applications to safely connect to P2P servers, because your both P2P and normal traffic are already protected.

P2P connections include streaming players like Ace Player, VLC or PopcornTime, as well as torrent software like BitTorrent or uTorrent.

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad to say, i have Getflix, it doesn't work with Netflix.

Surfshark has app for android, ios, mac os, Windows, so u dun need to meddle with your router. I'm not sure about LG TV, never had one.
then did you try to get a refund for the subscription? I never use before so idk.. but the whole list of streaming services they claimed to be able to unlock is damn impressive..

https://www.getflix.com.au/channels/overview

for the lg tv, if you want to unlock geolocation contents, will need to configure your VPN service onto your router for it to work. otherwise can try to hotspot your phone after connecting it to VPN, this one I never try before so I not sure will work or not haha.

**edit***
I found surfshark's self help article for lg tv.. their option is to use their own smart dns.. but must check and see if your lg tv menu able to access this function to manually change DNS or not..

https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018751373-How-to-set-up-Surfshark-smart-DNS-for-LG-TV

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting findings, especially on the cons. Did you request assistance from their support on the slow speed for OpenVPN. For torrenting, maybe you can try their US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.. Not all server allow torrenting. If you connect to a server that doesn't support torrenting, you will be rerouted to one of the US, UK, CA, DE, IT or NL servers.

https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en...3-How-to-use-P2P-Peer-to-Peer-with-Surfshark-
but no port forwarding even if connecting to torrent friendly servers.. not good if using private trackers..

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got Getflix lifetime during the early days, for the sole purpose of watching EPL online from Australia. It worked well only for that.

Never tried hotspot to my TV, i can't be bothered with smart tv, always prefer a dumb tv with a smart versatile box.

U have windscribe right, I will pm u for some help on behalf of a friend.

then did you try to get a refund for the subscription? I never use before so idk.. but the whole list of streaming services they claimed to be able to unlock is damn impressive..

https://www.getflix.com.au/channels/overview

for the lg tv, if you want to unlock geolocation contents, will need to configure your VPN service onto your router for it to work. otherwise can try to hotspot your phone after connecting it to VPN, this one I never try before so I not sure will work or not haha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.