Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
staying safe on public wifi especially when overseas
If the VPN has the auto log on when connected to “other” networks other than those u mark as safe, best to use it.

Dunno why ExpressVPN only has that for android only. Not iphone. WTH!

batigola

Reaction score
hi guys, what would be recommended for portforwarding vpns ?
I built an unraid server & wish to torrent using delugevpn. I understand surfshark doesnt support portforwarding unlike PIA. Are there any comparable alternatives?

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been using surfshark for a while now to download netflix shows into my netflix app for offline viewing.

generally speaking, the speed is horrendous...takes about 10mins+ to download an episode 21mins long.

recently tried out expressvpn 7-day trial to continue downloading other episodes (21m long as well) and the speed is much faster...(3-5mins)

for both vpn i connect to US-based servers.

in case anyone here has the same use case...pls take note... surfshark is no doubt cheaper and works fine i guess for streaming...but expressvpn is better but much more costly...

i'll look into nordvpn after my trial at expressvpn ends...will see how that goes...

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been using surfshark for a while now to download netflix shows into my netflix app for offline viewing.

generally speaking, the speed is horrendous...takes about 10mins+ to download an episode 21mins long.

recently tried out expressvpn 7-day trial to continue downloading other episodes (21m long as well) and the speed is much faster...(3-5mins)

in case anyone here has the same use case...pls take note... surfshark is no doubt cheaper and works fine i guess for streaming...but expressvpn is better but much more costly...

i'll look into nordvpn after my trial at expressvpn ends...will see how that goes...
Totally agreed that ExpressVPN is the way to go if the cost is not of e utmost concern. Its definitely one of the very best VPN I have used.

Surfshark at USD 0.62 per month vs ExpressVPN at
USD 6.67 per month, Surfshark can achieve the same, albeit at a slower download speed, but at just 10% of what it cost for ExpressVPN, we really can't complain right?

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Would love to see your comments on nord. Im on the fence for nord as well...

badsector

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

can check speed using fast.com from NF

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would love to see your comments on nord. Im on the fence for nord as well...
NordVPN is USD 1.40
Surfshark is USD 0.62

Both offer 100% refund if not satisfied, so why not test it yourself?

Sent from Samsung SM-N975F using GAGT

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any kind souls here have a good vpn to recommend? Looking for something decent and not too expensive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.