Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

zymphurious

Reaction score
Either AJS and Transocks should work.

If you need multiple connections, Transocks is cheaper.

Occasionally they do have promotions.

AJS, RMB198 for 12 months, single connection
https://www.91ajs.com/purchase

Transocks: RMB260 for 12 months, three connections (same IP?)
https://www.transocks.com/payment

I am paying for QQ Music VIP, Youku VIP and Tencent Video VIP as well. Free version got too much ads and quite some limitations.

For Youku and Tencent TV, I am paying for the mobile phone, tablet and PC version, the price is cheap. TV version is more expensive. But often got promotional prices. For example I recently paid RMB98 for Tencent Video 12 months VIP.

Mobile version VIP: mainly 1080p, can use DLNA cast to TV box

TV version VIP: up to 4k

Can I ask if I use Transocks or AJS, but I want to use it for my music player on my desktop like Netease Music. And don't have it affect my web browsing and other connections. Possible anot?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I ask if I use Transocks or AJS, but I want to use it for my music player on my desktop like Netease Music. And don't have it affect my web browsing and other connections. Possible anot?

Sorry but in general I do not use desktops (windows or Mac) for entertainment. Under mobile apps this is easy, you can select the apps you want to use the VPN.

However, it seems to me the desktop apps are limited and troublesome.

For example, AJS help file is here. There is a way to carry out manual setup for web browsing but not so easy for apps. I am typing on a Mac and I do not see it is easy to do to specify an app to bypass the VPN.
https://www.91ajs.com/help#socks5-tutorial

I do not have Transcocks VIP but it seems to be possible under Windows but may not be possible under macOS.
https://www.transocks.com/information.html

1、穿梭PC版支持三种模式:
[1]指定应用模式:支持国内大多数影音软件,例如网易云音乐、爱奇艺等;若遇不支持,请点击此处提交应用exe名称;
[2] 网页智能模式:用 IE浏览器 访问中国网站,通过穿梭代理使用中国IP,访问非中国网站,使用原始国外IP;
3] 网页全局模式:用 IE浏览器访问全球网站,均通过穿梭代理使用中国IP;
7、穿梭电脑版不支持Win10应用市场UWP版网易云音乐或者爱奇艺,请到软件官网下载PC版应用安装;

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This means NordVPN is $85, then with 80% cashback is $17 for 2 years?

iosnewbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just signed up Nord vpn with their current promo of 68% discount plus 3 months free subscription. I used Shopback’s 80% cash back offer which results in $91 of cash back still pending validation.

When I entered the payment details, I selected Singapore as the country that resulted in 7% GST being added. I wonder if I had selected another country like US and gave it some bogus zip code, could I have avoided the GST.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bookmark first. no idea whats this.. just need it to stream smth like this..
https://www.ntv.co.jp/hakone/
You need a Japan VPN. I believe most of the VPNs should be okay.

Since the streaming has started, for one OFF, you can use free VPNs to access it. I just tried two VPN solution and both are working.

Easy one: install 小明 (Xiaoming)VPN on Android phone and then you can stream, the highest streaming quality is 720p and there is no problem.

lrzjQGP.jpg

More complicated one: Free Shadowsocks server, for PC/Android TV boxes/etc, choose the Japan server from the following site. I just tried it under my Mac Mini.

https://free-ss.site/

runforyourlife

Reaction score
You need a Japan VPN. I believe most of the VPNs should be okay.

Since the streaming has started, for one OFF, you can use free VPNs to access it. I just tried two VPN solution and both are working.

Easy one: install 小明 (Xiaoming)VPN on Android phone and then you can stream, the highest streaming quality is 720p and there is no problem.

lrzjQGP.jpg

More complicated one: Free Shadowsocks server, for PC/Android TV boxes/etc, choose the Japan server from the following site. I just tried it under my Mac Mini.

https://free-ss.site/

okok thanks! didn't know there are "free vpns' on apps. let me try xiao ming but am on ios lol..

xiaoming not on ios...

the second one totally blur lol sorry noob here.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

runforyourlife

Reaction score

jeremy_cec

Reaction score
share my experience for VPN to connect to Android TV.

Pure VPN - myiptv4k still watchable. JoyTV 0kb/s.
Nord VPN - Can feel it is smoother. JoyTV also smooth.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
share my experience for VPN to connect to Android TV.

Pure VPN - myiptv4k still watchable. JoyTV 0kb/s.
Nord VPN - Can feel it is smoother. JoyTV also smooth.

Which Nord VPN server location are you using for these two IPTV packages? I thought you do not need to use VPN previously.

jeremy_cec

Reaction score
Which Nord VPN server location are you using for these two IPTV packages? I thought you do not need to use VPN previously.
Singapore.. Ya.. You don't need vpn to watch iptv.. I just sharing my experience.. 😁 Since I have both vpn and both iptv package

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore.. Ya.. You don't need vpn to watch iptv.. I just sharing my experience.. 😁 Since I have both vpn and both iptv package

Haha, I see.

I was using purevpn for one year (US$0.99 per month for 12 month offer) and cancelled it in December 2020. Its Singapore server is pretty slow. Last time they had faster HK server but seems to be gone. Nord VPN is sure to be better.

Downloader

Reaction score
May I know which VPN has good offer and works well for Amazon Freetime Unlimited (bundled with 2 x Fire HD 8 Kids Edition I bought for my kids) now known as Kids+ (guess it should be similar to Amazon Prime Movies?) and Netflix US?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
May I know which VPN has good offer and works well for Amazon Freetime Unlimited (bundled with 2 x Fire HD 8 Kids Edition I bought for my kids) now known as Kids+ (guess it should be similar to Amazon Prime Movies?) and Netflix US?
I signed up for 2y Surfshark. SGD$80 for 27 months. It does specifically say it will work with Netflix. I chose this partly because I can share it with my family since there's no device limit, so everything is connected via VPN, even the television. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.