Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

MichealScott

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with Surfshark accessing Netflix?

Was working fine for the past 2 months but dont know why today use surfshark to access Netflix, either still same region or even if get to the desired region, cannot play the vid.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.androidcentral.com/best-vpn-deals
$16.60 at FastestVPN

FastestVPN is running a new promotion that offers you lifetime access to its service for a one-time $20 fee. Better yet, that price falls to just $16.60 when you enter code special2020 during checkout. That was a holiday special code that could expire at any point, though.

Get Lifetime of FastestVPN for $20 And avail Internxt 2TB Cloud Storage for FREE

Free 2TB for 1 year.

awayaway

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Free 1 year PIA (Private Internet Access) VPN, and still can get extra $4 on top of it. Feel free to pm me.

iosnewbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using NordVPN to access Netflix US content successfully? I just subscribed to Netflix and configured NordVPN on my smart tv, but when I launched Netflix, the content looks no different from before vpn connection.

Is Netflix blocking all vpn services from accessing US content?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tencent Video seems to have more and more contents geo-blocked (they check whether you have mainland China IP) even if you have VIP access. So I have just renewed AJS (爱加速) and it seems to work with 1080p pretty well now when I tried it yesterday.

Renewal price: RMB198 per year (roughly S$41.5 now) for one connection.

FlyGuardX

Reaction score
Is anyone using NordVPN to access Netflix US content successfully? I just subscribed to Netflix and configured NordVPN on my smart tv, but when I launched Netflix, the content looks no different from before vpn connection.

Is Netflix blocking all vpn services from accessing US content?
seem like surfshark has some recent issue with netflix too

celerius

Reaction score
Tencent Video seems to have more and more contents geo-blocked (they check whether you have mainland China IP) even if you have VIP access. So I have just renewed AJS (爱加速) and it seems to work with 1080p pretty well now when I tried it yesterday.

Renewal price: RMB198 per year (roughly S$41.5 now) for one connection.
I subscribe to their VIP as well and used to be able to use a browser plugin like Unblock Youku and access a video, then even after turning off the plugin it'll still continue working. That doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried using another browser plugin called Malus VPN which works but is very slow for free plan. Not sure what happened with Tencent Video...this just started 2-3 weeks ago. What's interesting is, some most of the Chinese animation I watch has geo-restriction but a few doesn't. It doesn't make sense.

Registration of AJS requires a Chinese mobile number doesn't it? Any workarounds?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I subscribe to their VIP as well and used to be able to use a browser plugin like Unblock Youku and access a video, then even after turning off the plugin it'll still continue working. That doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried using another browser plugin called Malus VPN which works but is very slow for free plan. Not sure what happened with Tencent Video...this just started 2-3 weeks ago. What's interesting is, some most of the Chinese animation I watch has geo-restriction but a few doesn't. It doesn't make sense.
Registration of AJS requires a Chinese mobile number doesn't it? Any workarounds?

Try iOS if you want to use AJS.

Or pay for other solution like Malus, or SpeedCN or Transocks.

Transocks free plan uses to work fine but I do not think it works that well now.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After so many years AC VPN still the best.
Better and more stable speed than ExpressVPN.
Allow more simultaneous connections.
Has many apps for IOS, Android, windows, Mac, etc.

Has more options of encryption with different speed.
Has double hop.
Has inbuilt leak check.
Works in HK and China.

Don't overpromise, they max keep log one day and they explained it's necessary to keep track of brute force or other hacks for them to react. After one log permanently delete. By the time anybody can apply warrant to ask them for data, they already deleted.

Most importantly, bandwidth is transparent, no overselling and artificial speed by throttling speed when they detect that you are testing speed at speed test websites. AC Vpn is from Romania where the best hackers reside. You can go google. :o

MichealScott

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one else using Surfshark VPN for Netflix? Not working for around 20 days liao. Hope they compensate us reasonably. I got a 2 year plan with them..

weiyang76

Master Member
Reaction score
Try iOS if you want to use AJS.

Or pay for other solution like Malus, or SpeedCN or Transocks.

Hi xiaofan, or anyone,

Can help me do a latency ping to AJS gateway (from Singapore) whenever you have VPNed in? I've read through pages of these thread.

My family watches iqiyi/qq/tencent/chinese apps videos 1080p regularly on a dedicated iOS mobile, and I'm intending to tunnel full traffic of this device through any L3 vpn into CN.

lastly, some of these apps releases slower on android than iOS for 2021 dramas, if we use CN vpn, will we encounter such issues?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi xiaofan, or anyone,
Can help me do a latency ping to AJS gateway (from Singapore) whenever you have VPNed in? I've read through pages of these thread.
My family watches iqiyi/qq/tencent/chinese apps videos 1080p regularly on a dedicated iOS mobile, and I'm intending to tunnel full traffic of this device through any L3 vpn into CN.
lastly, some of these apps releases slower on android than iOS for 2021 dramas, if we use CN vpn, will we encounter such issues?

For AJS, good servers will have ping value shown as between 60ms to 100ms from the app. Most of the good servers are using China Mobile. But there are good servers using China Telecom and China Unicom.

SpeedTest Results also show that the ping value is about there. You can see the speed is not great but about there for 1080p.

SpeedTest result using a China Mobile hosted AJS Gateway to Beijing Unicom SpeedTest Server
7683868286.png

Without AJS VPN it is much faster but ping value is actually slightly higher.
7683914151.png

As for the contents release, no idea about what you say about iOS vs Android. They should be the same but I only use Android and do not use iOS for now.

Normally I will try without VPN first for my QQ Music, Tencent Video and Youku VIP subscription. Then I will only use AJS of the contents which are really blocked.

iQiyi may block the contents more strictly. But I do not have iQiyi VIP and I do not use it.

BTW, I believe there is no iQiyi China version of app for iOS in Singapore, only international version. The contents will be less. International version of Tencent Video is called WeTV. Both international version will have less contents in general yet the VIP subscription are much more expensive -- good thing is that you do not need China VPN like AJS or Transocks.

Last edited:

williamtyc

Reaction score
any reviews on keepsolid vpn? my windscribe sub is ending, got it at 19 bucks for 3 years last time but no more such good deal

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.