Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

luckyguitar

Reaction score
1) Fast free VPN - Hola
They have apps for your mobile devices too. For the desktop, you can use their chrome browser plugin to watch netflix, hulu etc. Just select the country you want and it will route to it. The beauty is it's only for your browser so your torrent traffic does not go through the VPN.

3) HD streaming of EPL!
I Signed up for Aljazeerasport.tv. Paid subscription. Works great with PureVPN and Hola. Very fast and clear streaming!
Just remember to logout of the website after you use and don't just close your browser. Their server will think you have multiple logins going on if you just close the browser and login again. Soon you will get a fairuse error locking you out for hours!

I tried Hola with Aljazeera. It is definitely slower than using Unotelly. With Unotelly, most of the time i was able to stream a full match without drop in quality, including the HD channels. But again Hola is free, so we shouldn't complain too much.

It doesn't matter whether you log out or not from your browser. If you login to Aljazeera, logout and tries to log back in from another device straight away, it will block you. Happened to me a few times when i switched from tablet or laptop and vice versa. Best is to wait a while after logging off before trying with another device or from another IP.

luckyguitar

Reaction score
guys, is there any vpn out there that is better and cheaper than viewqwest freedom vpn?

am considering subscribing to viewqwest fibre, and would like to watch china p2p.

How much are you paying for the freedom vpn?

apathetica

Reaction score
Anyone tested Astrill VPN with aljazeerasport.tv? Also there are several Astrill VPN routers models, what is the typical throughput for them?

luckyguitar

Reaction score
Anyone tested Astrill VPN with aljazeerasport.tv? Also there are several Astrill VPN routers models, what is the typical throughput for them?

I have tried Astrill's egypt vpn with aljazeera. Performance was better than with Hola, but there were some bufferings (drop in quality). If your main purpose is to stream aljazeera, go with unotelly.

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have tried Astrill's egypt vpn with aljazeera. Performance was better than with Hola, but there were some bufferings (drop in quality). If your main purpose is to stream aljazeera, go with unotelly.

yeah UnoTelly rocks as i used it previously :s12: :s12:

apathetica

Reaction score

UnoTelly does not sell VPN router like Astrill right? Cant find it on their site.
My intention is to stream soccer from alijazeera and use my china streaming box watch dramas :D

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UnoTelly does not sell VPN router like Astrill right? Cant find it on their site.
My intention is to stream soccer from alijazeera and use my china streaming box watch dramas :D

i doubt they sell any VPN routers

luckyguitar

Reaction score

You can signup for their one week trial and run a test. If your streaming box allows you to input their DNS servers into the settings then you are good to go. Otherwise i believe any cheap router will do the job, just check with unotelly support.

rescapind

Reaction score

I'm using Unotelly and Astrill too. Totally agree with this. Unotelly works very well for aljazeera. However, most of other sites (Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.), Astrill is still best.

Kikstyo

Reaction score
I intend to subscribe Unodns to use with Apple tv for Hulu/Netflix. So far did anyone experienced any slow streaming/network problems with it occasionally?

Thinking of going with their 1 year plan or are there better dns providers?

stiwipl

Reaction score
I intend to subscribe Unodns to use with Apple tv for Hulu/Netflix. So far did anyone experienced any slow streaming/network problems with it occasionally?

Thinking of going with their 1 year plan or are there better dns providers?

UnoDNS is hit and miss for Netflix on AppleTV, sometimes they are routing through Open Connect networks for Super HD. It works terrible, looks like SG ISP have issues with bandwidth throughput to Open Connect networks as I am with VQ and they had the same issues exactly when enabled Super HD on Netflix. Whenever UnoDNS (Unotelly) / Freedom VPN (VQ) went through non Open Connect networks for HD only streaming it worked great.

That's the reason I ditched DNS providers like UnoDNS / SmartDNS. They claim to not slow down your ISP speeds - yes, that's true but the routing chosen by them to final destination might affect speeds and performance... Since trying Astrill I have never looked back, perfect Super HD Netflix streaming on ATV.

bullfrog

Banned
Reaction score
Hve tried to watch ur aljazeera sports on mobile phone or tablets?

Yep. Works fine on my android phone. But there's a problem with their android app as I cannot access the Aljazeera sport apps settings (to increase the picture quality) in landscape mode. The android TV stick I have only displays in landscape. Default quality is low and there is nothing I can do to increase it when using my android TV stick.
Already wrote to AJ about it and they told me they are aware and is working on fix.

Slackersg

Reaction score
I'm using Unotelly and Astrill too. Totally agree with this. Unotelly works very well for aljazeera. However, most of other sites (Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.), Astrill is still best.

may I ask, are you using astrill service on devices directly or on the router end?

if router end, I am wondering if can control which devices going thru VPN? which router is best for the job.

stiwipl

Reaction score
may I ask, are you using astrill service on devices directly or on the router end?

if router end, I am wondering if can control which devices going thru VPN? which router is best for the job.

Best router for Astrill VPN would be Asus RT-AC56U or RT-AC68U and custom Merlin firmware. Astrill has a great Applet dedicated to Asus routers running Merlin firmware.

Slackersg

Reaction score
Best router for Astrill VPN would be Asus RT-AC56U or RT-AC68U and custom Merlin firmware. Astrill has a great Applet dedicated to Asus routers running Merlin firmware.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Never actually thought of going into AC this early yet.
Mainly due to the price and AC is still new as compared to N.
However, i will take a look at the 2 options and see how it goes.

So applet is the one that is allowing all the configuration of VPN and customizing.

rescapind

Reaction score

For Netflix, Hulu, I use AppleTV 3 with RouterPro VPN mode on RT-N66U. Stream quality is very good.
For those sites that are not provided on ATV (BBC iPlayer, SkyGO, etc.), I use StealthVPN mode on the PC.

rescapind

Reaction score

I thought Merlin firmware for AC68U is not out yet?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.