Best VPN provider (In your opinion)? (Strictly no referral allowed)

stiwipl

Reaction score
Hi, I am now trying unotelly but Astrill I dun really want to try as it involves installing an applet on my router. Unotelly is good, for Hulu Plus the content streams in Full HD with no lag, however the ads load very slowly. A 1 min ad can buffer and take up to 5 mins to finish. Weird thing is the ads are all in Full HD also even though I set the settings to Auto.

I know teleport is supposed to be similar to other DNS service, however after trying other DNS service I realized that teleport is really very slow. But for Netflix teleport is fine.

Astrill's applet is great and makes using VPN on the router super friendly. I was also a fan of DNS services until I understood they are not optimal solution. Being on ViewQwest I was unable to stream Super HD quality through services like UnblockUS, SmartDNS (Overplay) or UnotellyDNS. The reason for this is that although DNS providers do not affect your speed directly, they do change the routing which might affect the speeds. With VPN you have no issues, because once you choose your optimal US server (which usually translate best routing and speed) you will get the best possible performance for all US websites.

luckyguitar

Reaction score
High quality HD streams are now en route to all Netflix members, irrespective of their Internet Service Providers.

“This means,” writes Netflix director of corporate communications Joris Evers in a blog post, “that the great TV shows and movies on Netflix will look even better on HD screens with a higher bit rate stream, Super HD, that applies less compression to the 1080p image.”

Netflix initially rolled out Super HD in January through ISPs directly connected to Netflix – excluding those that weren’t. Now they are expanding this availability to ensure all members can enjoy the same. (“Note,” Evers adds, “that HD and Super HD are only available on certain titles and can only be displayed on devices that support HD”).

Netflix, as we know, uses “adaptive streaming” to dynamically adjust the video quality based on the available bandwidth, meaning that the ability to receive Super HD depends on broadband quality and performance, and Netflix users who subscribe to an ISP which is directly connected will invariably enjoy a superior quality service. Netflix also continues to encourage ISPs to adopt Netflix Open Connect.

uRiZEn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend the best VPN to use for streaming ajs sports?

Salapi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend the best VPN to use for streaming ajs sports?

interested to know too, many people say it's Unotelly.

Unotelly have trials i believe, can give it a try.

Just a question, ajs sports is billed in which currency ah? USD? Euro?

uRiZEn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
interested to know too, many people say it's Unotelly.

Unotelly have trials i believe, can give it a try.

Just a question, ajs sports is billed in which currency ah? USD? Euro?

unotelly not very reliable cause AJS will block them from time to time. Hola also kenna. Just last week kenna like this when i was on trial. Couldn't watch and had to get trial purevpn to watch.:(

luckyguitar

Reaction score
unotelly not very reliable cause AJS will block them from time to time. Hola also kenna. Just last week kenna like this when i was on trial. Couldn't watch and had to get trial purevpn to watch.:(

Unotelly is almost unusable now with AJ. Even if you can access the channels, the "fairusebreach" error keeps coming up.

Is purevpn geoblocked with AJ now? From my experience, the connection speed to Egypt is a hit and miss, sometimes fast while slow at times. Btw do take note of purevpn refund policy, if you exceed a certain bandwidth usage, they will not refund even if it is within the 3 days money back period.

uRiZEn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unotelly is almost unusable now with AJ. Even if you can access the channels, the "fairusebreach" error keeps coming up.

Is purevpn geoblocked with AJ now? From my experience, the connection speed to Egypt is a hit and miss, sometimes fast while slow at times. Btw do take note of purevpn refund policy, if you exceed a certain bandwidth usage, they will not refund even if it is within the 3 days money back period.

No it's not. Watch CL ytd with it. Just that the streaming alittle slow leh.

Read that Egypt internet is not as sophisticated as the rest of the world. Guess it will the same for other vpn provider as well unless anyone got better experience with other providers. The price of purevpn, i think it's quite good with their discount.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most vpn providers will be the same for egypt
im on purevpn too
can try ipvanish too, got 10% for first 3 bill cycle. meaning if u sign for 1yr, ur first 3yr all 10% discount

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought hotspot shield is good, until I saw the results of this:

Tracking Test

100% of the trackers are not blocked..... :(

So which free VPN services is good to do all these blocking?

luckyguitar

Reaction score
most vpn providers will be the same for egypt
im on purevpn too
can try ipvanish too, got 10% for first 3 bill cycle. meaning if u sign for 1yr, ur first 3yr all 10% discount

I signed up for ipvanish's trial last month. Their usa server was quite fast. But there was a big issue with the geolocation of their servers. I connected to a few of their other servers and when i checked my ip, it wasn't that of the server's stated country. The geolocation was all messed up. Morever their vpn software was buggy and gave me lots of problems.

Last edited:

mun

Reaction score
I just signed up Astrill VPN as recommended by some bros here. so far so good :) can watch from US channels to China youku - TVB cantonese drama :p

stiwipl

Reaction score
I just signed up Astrill VPN as recommended by some bros here. so far so good :) can watch from US channels to China youku - TVB cantonese drama :p

Good for you, I am also using them. I think Astrill or PIA is the way to go, however Astrill's software and Asuswrt router applet are great features that no one compares with.

oric1

Reaction score
Good for you, I am also using them. I think Astrill or PIA is the way to go, however Astrill's software and Asuswrt router applet are great features that no one compares with.

I'm on Astrill too. Will renew when my annual subscription expires in 2 months time.

bleachberu

Reaction score
Advice

Hi Bros,

Been reading this thread with interest and seeking advice.

I am looking for VPN provider for the following interest of mine:

1. Smoother experience playing online MMOs and to test out region locked games (eg Korean/China/USA only games)
2. HK TVB serial movies
3. Torrent Downloads
4. US movies

I am a complete noob when it comes to IT so looking for a simple but robust solution. I dont know how to modify routers/programming/network configuration etc. Currently on Singtel fibre. Budgetwise most vendors are charging +/- SGD12/mth and I'm ok with that.

I came across flyvpn through a gamer's blog but after reading this thread, it seems Astrill is a popular choice.

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
B

luckyguitar

Reaction score
I am looking for VPN provider for the following interest of mine:

1. Smoother experience playing online MMOs and to test out region locked games (eg Korean/China/USA only games)
2. HK TVB serial movies
3. Torrent Downloads
4. US movies

I am a complete noob when it comes to IT so looking for a simple but robust solution. I dont know how to modify routers/programming/network configuration etc. Currently on Singtel fibre. Budgetwise most vendors are charging +/- SGD12/mth and I'm ok with that.

I will say give Astrill a try. No problem with TVB and USA video streams. For gaming and torrent, it is better for you to take up a trial with them and try out their different servers.

Their tech support is quite helpful and i am sure they will guide you with the setup.

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will say give Astrill a try. No problem with TVB and USA video streams. For gaming and torrent, it is better for you to take up a trial with them and try out their different servers.

Their tech support is quite helpful and i am sure they will guide you with the setup.

is it free?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.